Pokémon Bank Goes Live in North America

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Now everyone's happy

After its European release delighted fans earlier this week and left gamers in North America looking on enviously, the good news is that Pokémon Bank is now live in the region. That means the Pokémon X & Y online storage service is now available — through the 3DS eShop — in all major territories around the world.

Nintendo of America is yet to officially confirm its arrival but the app has been spotted over on Serebii; the download is free and — like in PAL versions — automatically kicks off on version 1.1. Details of the app are below:

• Access to 100 boxes that store 30 Pokémon each, with space for 3000 to be stored online.
  • Downloading the Bank gives free access to the linked app Poké Transporter, which allows you to transfer 'mon from Pokémon Black and White as well as Pokémon Black and White 2.
  • A free 30 day trial is redeemable.
  • After the trial a full year of access will cost $4.99.
  • Those that access their Pokémon Bank Box by 30th September will receive the Mythical Pokémon Celebi as a free gift.

We've just posted our hands on impressions of Pokémon Bank, which tells you more about what the app offers.

So, are any of you in North America rushing to the 3DS eShop to download this?

[via serebii.net]

Related Games

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Took them long enough, can finally trade in Black 2 and preorder Tropical Freeze, lol

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

It's over....
It's finally over.....
Rejoice fellow trainers for the Eternal wait for poke bank is over!!!!!!!!!

Kmno

Kmno said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

damnit I was waiting for this for a long time, now lets have some legendaries on X.

ShockeyRai

ShockeyRai said:

About time!
I noticed i can use eShop credit for the annual fee, Thats good.
I was kinda wondering how we were gonna pay for it.

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

@MyNameIs- I know right? People are strange these days.
In fact, today I just learned that a lot of people looooove pokemon. I really had no idea.

Noonch

Noonch said:

Now if they release SMB3 people will have to find something else to cry about.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

I'm not happy......now I only have SMB3 not hitting NA VC rants to entertain me......and I have a feeling that will soon be over!

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

How do you obtain celebi? There was none in the bank or on my x file.
Nvm took the nonlazy approach and figured it out.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

I am protesting the mass capture and detainment of pokemon that will occur because of this app. Now there will be 34.8 Billion pokemon held in captivity in tiny boxes. All those poor Wailords that will have their 14.5m bodies crammed into the space the size of a baseball.... the inhumanity of it all.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

@FJOJR - yeah....they are not quite at the level of awesomeness of the SMB3, Pokebank rants yet though.....they have been amazingly entertaining in a sadistic sort of way. I'm happy for everyone that has been waiting for this though. Enjoy your mon banking!

Gioku

Gioku said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

:D :D :D :D

I am soooooooo happy! :D :D :D

...can't wait to get home and start transferring stuff! :D

(darn school internet! :P)

joffe

joffe said:

I just did an online battle and the other person used 5 shiny legendaries...
it seems nintendo once again failed to ban illegal pokémon, it's a real shame

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@joffe Did you really think Nintendo would ban hacked pokemon?
EDIT: Now that I think about it, what were the pokemon? 3 shiny legendaries were given away for Black/White2.

joffe

joffe said:

@SkywardLink98 shiny mewtwo,kyurem,deoxys,mew and scizor (so yeah 4 legendaries and one normal)

And no, i didn't really expect that they would do it, but one can hope :p

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I'm going to miss all the Awhinicans on the forum. Quite colorful topic they have. Offensive yet entertaining and sad.

Now I finally have space to catch/breed more pokemons. Never thought I would be so happy to have a storage system or need one as bad.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

@joffe odd, since none of my shiny legendarys made the cut l. Heck my legit darkrai and shamin weren't let through.

Gold

Gold said:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

About time, I've been waiting for this for weeks. Now I can finally complete the Dex and transfer over some HA's that aren't available in XY.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I'll try it out, if for no other reason then to get that free Pokemon. not sure if I'm going to of the subscription yet though

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Yay! Downloading it now. Can't wait to get my free Celibi! :D

And most of all, I'm happy that there won't be anymore complaining! :D

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Pokemon Transfer not up yet or is it just the bank... or are they both one?

Klinny

Klinny said:

@ikki5 You can download Pokemon Bank from the eShop, and once you open up the Bank app you can download Transporter from there.

Also, I'm really happy that it changes the Pokemon whose names are in all caps to normal. No more DITTOS and PIKACHUS lol.

Mariominer

Mariominer said:

Hurrah! Now I can get Piplup… A little nostalgic to it, because it was my first pokemon. Ever. Except for cards. Counting those my first was Darkrai.

Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic said:

I finally have my shiny haxorus and my rayquaza on X! :D
Using the poke-transporter is a bit of a hassle because I have to keep switching between game cards and apps. Once I clear out my Black 2 card I probably won't ever need to use it again, so no big deal. I'm not sure if I'll use pokebank after transferring, but it's nice to know that it's there.

Now, I'll start the tedious process of transferring all the pokemon I need for dex completion. Sounds like fuuuuuun. You know, "Gotta Transfer 'em all" and whatever.

bigbankwill

bigbankwill said:

Bleh, I found this out just this morning... I almost finished it until the freaking bus came creeping up and the WiFi at school is too crappy to complete the download...

Mariominer

Mariominer said:

Now I can transfer my legit rare pokemon, like darkrai, Zekrom (not rare, but level 100.), and Tornadus. Again, not rare, but impossible to get on Y itself! But somehow, I apparently have a pokemon that is non legit or something, because it wouldn't let me transfer it :( . Also, It tricked me the first time. It asked me "Would you like to transfer this box?" which I thought meant "would you like to transfer some pokemon from this box?". So I transferred all the pokemon in box 1.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

The hack check is really stupid. Several legit Pokemon are getting blocked while Pokemon that people made with Pokegen and whatnot are getting through. A mew I made with one of those phone apps made it through.