Spanish Pokémon Team Disgraced

Posted by James Newton

Pokémon Brown

This past weekend saw the Pokémon Video Game Championships hit Birmingham, UK, with teams travelling from all over Europe for a shot at the prize. While the event itself went off without a hitch, Ruben Puis Lecegui defending his title to secure a trip to Hawaii, we've heard rumblings of an unpleasant occurrence along the way.

PokéChamp21 on the Pokémon World forums posted about an unsavoury incident involving the Spanish team, a hotel corridor and human faeces. PokéChamp21 wrote:

After 30-40min in my room relaxing with a quick snooze I awoke to the sound of banging comming from down the hall from where the 'Spanish Team' were staying in. It seems that at some point after they had turned up and when we went to Wether Spoons the Spniards had decided to have a 'Poo' fight in the corridor and this had upset the staff and several guests (naturally) at the hotel enough to call the Police and have them leave.

We've also heard accounts of this sorry story from other sources in attendance at the tournament. Certainly not the sort of thing you'd expect to happen at a Pokémon event, let's face it.

[via pokemonworld.co.uk]

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

"Now look what you've done!" Great tagline, and a "Poo" fight? REALLY?!?
And I'm sure some sort of alcoholic drink was involved in this.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I want to know exactly how much alcohol it take to think having a poo fight is a good idea, so I may avoid it at all costs.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Maybe they just went all nostalgic from cleaning crap from Tamagotchis. A de-evolution, if you will.

PaperSpock

PaperSpock said:

I don't see this story as newsworthy and would appreciate if such stories were not published on Nintendo Life.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

"Go ape!" gets a whole new meaning.
"Está encendido como Donkey Kong!" was heard among hotel staffers during the incident.

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

What the? maybe they didn't have fudge so they decided to use something more messy?

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

you know before a water balloon fight you have to sit around and fill water balloons to prep for the fight. I can't believe that someone didn't say "this is weird, let's not do this" during the prepping for this fight.

RVN

RVN said:

good thing flags aren't shown on every comment anymore

i choose jigglypoof

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Surely they had too much to drink or were on something. If not, then what the hell is wrong with them?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I've had too much to drink many times in my life and never, not even once, did I think to myself "you know what would be fun...a sh*t fight!"

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Ya know what's sad, though? To those the world over reading this news on any site that discusses this(which will probably be just gamer sites, but who knows?), who don't stop, & think (this was an group of individuals, not a whole country), then gamers from all of Spain could get proverbially painted certain colors, & embarrassed by this incident. Again, I repeat: This was just a group of individuals, not all of Spain's gamers. This just sounds completely rude, & immature. Edit: How old were these people, anyway?

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

A stink bomb went off in my school today i'm not lying but the comments are reminding me of those 14 year old boys that Threw it on the GROUND!

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

@Corbs: Exactly! Dunno why people are commenting like this would've been normal if they were really drunk.. because it's far from it.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Monkeh: seconded, lol. alcohol may have been involved, but in no way is coprophilia a common side-effect of drinking too much. saying stupid things, getting into fights, and eventually falling asleep, yes. playing with poo, no.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Hey, I never said it required a normal amount. I'm assuming it would require something near coma levels. Still, I'd like to avoid even the slightest chance of this happening to me. I'm weird enough without drugs.

Swiket

Swiket said:

When I read the "Pokemon Brown" caption I assumed it was some racist joke at the expense of Hispanics...

Punny

Punny said:

This is the first time I've heard about something Poo related Nintendo-wise since Earthbound! :D

iPruch

iPruch said:

Please, do not think that all Spanish pleople are like these morons... -.-

TheRegginator

TheRegginator said:

Don't you dare start reporting on stuff like this. Keep it video game related only. I don't care about what crap a team of gamers participate in on their spare time. This article just reeks of desperation and poo.
edit that word back in again and i'll delete the entire comment — please keep the Community Rules in mind, don't use profanity at NL — TBD

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

@Strongo Jeez don't make a big deal about this. It was just a slow day, they heard about this news and had nothing better to post about.
BTW Some people do enjoy articles like this.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Mud-slinging, since they made an article rooting for the UK team not long after posting this...

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

I don't understand how this could be the featured news article on this site. Anyone who does something this disgusting and gross are Idiots.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

It's relieving to hear that the police was called to wipe them out. I can't believe the crap that those jerks pulled. You'd think they came from the bowels of the underworld, by how they acted. Usually when I get in trouble in a hotel, it's because I scat-sing in the hallway. But THIS... Tsk, tsk.

On an unrelated note, my old handle was DingleDootie.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

That's BAD! They should get "wiped" out by the competition. I wouldn't want to smell them at the tournament. And if they could win that would piss me off.

Gioku

Gioku said:

I bet they came to the event just so they could ruin it for everyone else with the poo fight...

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I love how this is getting more attention than the article focusing on the actual championship.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I was disappointed to see this posted, but now it's the top "featured article"? Wow.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

@iPruch THANK YOU!! my God -_-"

Oh and I did think pokemon brown was a racist remark till I read the article now it makes sense :p
And how in the lord did this become featured article????

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Was I the only one who looked at the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st after reading this article? I mean, this was a scream!!!! LoL!!! : D

MEDARD

MEDARD said:

The anal experience is the first experience of power in a man's life.

Objection

Objection said:

Disgraceful. I don't know what else to say, other than I'm glad it wasn't my country because honestly that wouldn't have surprised me much.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Monkeys and Apes throw poo at each other. It's nice to know humanity just dropped a few pegs on the evolutionary latter. Oh, and I feel sorry for the janitors who had to clean that up. :$

Stooopid Hooligans... UntitledUntitled

Ickaser

Ickaser said:

You know, guys, I don't think NL reported on this event because it was newsworthy in and of itself. The results, however, have quite a bearing on gaming- I'd say that a team not winning the European Pokémon Championship because of an outside event makes that event quite newsworthy, regardless of what happened.