Nintendo Download: 22nd March 2012 (North America)

Posted by James Newton

Poker, Math and zombies

Just when you thought it was safe to hang up your mathematical hat, along comes Carmen Sandiego to dash it all. Elsewhere we've got some card games on DSiWare — it's been a while — and zombies.

3DS Download Software

Zombie Slayer Diox (UFO Interactive, $5.99) — The latest 3D game from Samurai Sword Destiny publisher UFO, this is about rocking out and killing zombies, something we can all get behind. Our review will ring out across the world in the near future.

WiiWare

Carmen Sandiego Adventures in Math: The Island of Diamonds (The Learning Company, 600pts) — The fifth entry in Carmen Sandiego's globe-trotting problem-solving adventure series, this will be more of the same as its predecessors but hopefully with a little added twist. Our review will formulate equations and combobulate words and a number to represent the game's quality.

DSiWare

1st Class Poker & Blackjack (Cosmigo, 500pts) — Released in Europe last week, our review of Cosmigo's take on these classic casino games will be live in the very near future.

Swapnote users will also get a free message inspired by Nintendo spokesdog Uggie. Really.

That's your lot for this week, folks. What are you getting?

Related Games

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its getting beyond a joke that America is falling behind on VC releases, even after the three GG games they got last week. This will rightfully annoy lots of people.

Denkou

Denkou said:

What. The. ****, nintendo. WHY IS THERE NO KID ICARUS 3D CLASSIC!?!?!?!? WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!

bahooney

bahooney said:

Guys, calm down. Why would you want every good game to be released right away? Everyone is just whining. We got three VC releases last week..

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Well since we got 3 GG games and 2 VC games over the past few weeks then I'll give'em a pass.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Blah. All junk this week. Zombie Slayer Diox looks a lot like Maestro! Green Groove by Neko Entertainment. Which I found so brutally hard that I couldn't get more than 2/3 of the way through it. So pass. :P

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

Once again no Of Myths and Monsters. And KIU releases tomorrow. WTF?

Also Nintendo you should check your quality control you are letting toxic waste destroy for download nearly every week

Linky_97

Linky_97 said:

Why arent america getting any demos? we in EU have like almost 10 demos while america has 3-5.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

this is getting sad,theres games there in europe that we dont have yet,theres loads of vc that would be easy to put on the eshop hell its even easier since the ambassadors games are there and all you have to do is put it on the eshop to all,yet we get crap at least make a worth while zombie game that is fun instead of this song game crap

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

More zombies [throws up]. I'm going to turn into a F***ing zombie before game developers stop spamming zombie games. How about evil bunnies a la Monty Python's Holy Grail? I wouldn't mind shooting down a herd of those.

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Still no Dead or Alive Dimensions demo :(

As for the games,Zombie slayer seems interesting,since it's a rhythm game.

Although i have to agree with @Alienfish ,more zombie games @.@ it's over populating...and frankly aside from Resident Evil,i have hardly any interest in zombie games these days.

SteveW

SteveW said:

Thank god we got Carmen Sandiego! I was so afraid that something would come out today that would cause me to play my Wii tonight and lose sleep. Now I can rest assured that we only got crap once again.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Wow! I really thought 3D Classics: Kid Icarus would be released today.

Everything else — Meh

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Man they really hate us here in America all of the sudden. What's up with this crap? I want me some freakin Myths and Monsters!! Along with several other games we have been missing out on! This sucks.

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

Stop with the complains! The 3DSware game looks fun.. and our downloads this week(europe) are a lot worse so...

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint said:

Nothing for me here, as usual.
Alas, another week, another disappointing Thursday. It's becoming a tradition.
Nintendo sure is taking their sweet time bringing Wario Land, Kirby 2, Block Ball, etc over here... (sigh)

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@Rapadash6 In all seriousness though, I too am disappointed at how far behind USA is falling in terms of GB games. I am looking forward to Wario Land and KI:OMAM. But until those come out, I do have lots of other games to keep me busy.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Didn't we (NA) get a math game for the Wii? :p
I would have maybe considered Dr. Mario, but nothing we got in the US is worth it this week.

BalrogtheMaster

BalrogtheMaster said:

@shinesprite I think they're waiting til Kid Icarus: Uprising releases, since people who pre-ordered get it for free. That way it would encourage people to buy their game.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

When you actually go to pick up Kid Icarus: Uprising, they give you the download code IF you pre-ordered the game before today.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Nothing for me yet again this week. I was hoping for Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters for GB, would've been another nice way to promote Kid Icarus Uprising. Would've also been a nice way to hold me off until Uprising comes out tomorrow.

SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64 said:

Well, sorry guys that Kid Icarus 3D Classics isn't out. But with a reserved copy I got at GameStop I'll be getting it. ;)

Seriously though, I bet it will show up next week then. Crummy week but, like people been saying. We got three VC games last time and all. So I dunno. Not having games isn't the end of the world to me. I've still got many other games to play.

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

still no wario land......... every week i die a little inside knowing it still hasn't arrived in e shop.

Chobi

Chobi said:

Nintendo loves to troll it's American fan-base. Come on Nintendo this is just getting sad. Give me kid icarus of monsters and myths already. Very weak update. Will pass on all.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@dark-insanity Oh yes, how dare Europe get games that most of us have already played several times while America gets new games!! For shame!!

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@Lordlz what are you talking about man,shhhesh,ok europe got games we dont have and we got a games you dont have,nintendo needs to pass these game along to each other

Dodger

Dodger said:

While people are allowed to voice disappointment, it doesn't really mean others have to take them seriously when a lot of people here are disappointed every week no matter what is released.

This isn't the best week ever but I had my eye on Zombie Slayer Diox and I'll probably be getting new swapnote stationary.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Come on, guys. What would you prefer, 3 years of constant VC releases followed by extremely sporadic releases like on the Wii, or a smaller rate of VC releases spread consistently throughout the 3DS's lifespan? Nintendo learned their lesson from the release schedule of the Wii's VC and are merely applying this lesson to the 3DS's VC, yet you guys consistently complain about both methods. It's just not possible to have it both ways!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Stop complaining about American releases. Europe is getting more VC games and America gets more 3DSWare, the exception being GG recently. There are Europeans out there that don't care about old games and want 3DSWare instead, so chillax.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Wow, that is a disappointing set of releases. Luckily there are still plenty of older eShop games that I want to try... so this week is a perfect chance to catch up on some of the great titles that I've missed.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Well, I'm really peeved the US is getting a personal message from Uggie!
I want one in the UK (throws self on floor and drums heels in tantrum)!
:P

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

I'm usually happy if they have one DSIware and one Eshop game to choose from, not that I always choose one, I just like choices. But UFO is a generic company so I'm no longer officially counting their games...XCEPT for Johnny Kung Fu. Please let them figger out how to make that a killer game

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

A new Carmen Sandiego, heck yes! I'll have something to do today, to distract me from the wait for Kid Icarus.

SBOY

SBOY said:

I hope the Swapnote things won't be for USA only like the Regis one (or so it's seem)...

Knux

Knux said:

I'm not surprised that this update is lame. What do you expect after last week's amazing update? :P

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Meh. I like a poker/blackjack game once in a while but I'm not going to lose sleep on it. Looks like it's Uggie ftw today. I still have to download Sakura Samurai and likely Gargoyle's Quest anyway...

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Who caaaaaares…?

Uuuuuuugggggghhhhhh.
God, why are the people who care about Ninty's download service so annoying?
I mean each week there's always something to complain about.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Not an exciting week, but hey that means my wallet is safe for now. I know there are a couple things coming soon I definitely want :) I was just a little disappointed no demo.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@DictatorJumpMad: LOL, your post made my day. :D

Yeah, this week's update is pretty terrible and it surprises me that Kid Icarus: Of Myth and Monsters wasn't released to coincide with the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Oh well, my copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising has shipped and I will also be getting Kid Icarus 3D Classics soon so I'm good.

RR529

RR529 said:

Disappointing that there's no VC. I usually don't get irritated about it, but EU has quite a few VC games that we (NA) don't.

The Zombie music thing looks cheap to me, so nothing for me this week. At least Colors! 3D is coming soon :)

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@MeloMan hey man watch out,gargoyles quest could come on club nintendo free for next months awards,me i fear that any vc game can come on club nintendo since we had at least one vc game now for the past 3 or 4 months

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@smashbrawler331 It's only for those who pre-order Kid Icarus Uprisings If nintendo launches it separately it won't be for awhile. Kind of like with the GBA games, buy a little more likely.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

We haven't a Gameboy game for a good while (over a month). Nintendo I hope to God you remember what happened with the Wii VC. Next week we better get Myths and Monsters.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

@SoZettaFox

Because Nintendo gamers love to prove their whiney stereotype as being true.
Why can't we have more rational fanboys like me?

Wait...Hold a second. I have to go flame Jim Sterling for giving KI:U a 5/10. Brb.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@R-L-A-George: My local GS has had that display up for a couple weeks now, and Kid Icarus wouldn't ring up in their register. I'd'a loved to have been able to say i was the first person to have it, haha :3

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I dont know about you guys but im good with this download. Now before you reread this comment, im happy nothing new came out that i wanted because im getting KI:U tomorrow, along with 3D Classics Kid Icarus, SMB, Metroid, and Sonic Triple Trouble, and GG Shinobi. I have no need for more good games to come out until i get the ones i already want. Sorry to keep you reading, and prepare to meet my might!

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@Koto
@Steampunk

I agree with the both of you. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters would have been a great idea for us Americans, as it would promote Uprising a lot and give people something to do while they wait for tomorrow. It's a missed opportunity, really, because I thought we didn't get it yet since it seemed that they were saving up until near the launch of Uprising to, like I said, further promote the game. Guess not.

At least I keep my 100 bucks! XD

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Has anyone received their Swapnote from Uggie yet? For some reason I missed out on The Legend of Zelda one.

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

I was really hoping for Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters. Not that I don't have plenty of games to play, but it would have been a nice warm up for Uprising tomorrow.

I also hope that 3D Classics Kid Icarus appears on the eShop soon, as we don't get that as an Uprising preorder bonus in Canada.

Zzyyvux

Zzyyvux said:

I don't download much eShop games anyway... but has anyone else noticed that Nintendo has put exactly ZERO Pokemon games on the VC!? Really!? I mean, they have most of their good series and even some 3rd party GB games on it, BUT NO POKEMON!? WHAT THE HECK NINTENDO!? ):

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

DO NOT QUESTION OUR RED LOGO'D OVERLORDS!
THEY'LL SEND THEIR NES (Nintendo Extermination Service) ASSASIANS AFTER US!

In all seriousness, while putting OMAM out would be a good idea, who would have time to play it with Uprising coming out tomarrow?
If anyone says that they would, I will come to your house in the middle of the night...
And make you eat tofu dipped in miso on a stick.
Be frightened.

Chariblaze

Chariblaze said:

3D Classics Kid Icarua won't be offered on the eShop publicly, at all. At least, that's what customer support claimed two months ago.

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

i'm sad u guys are lucky to even have money to buy games on e-shop i haven't even pre-ordered kid icarus: uprising T.T i'm going to have to wait until my b-day to get all of these wonderful games which is a month later of course!!!!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Nothing for me this week. I was hoping for Warioland but its all good.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Just got the Swapnote from Uggie's "assistant" ;)

I wonder why I never got the TLOZ one though. :|

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

This is an outrage! I demand that Nintendo allow me to give them my money for Wario Land and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters. Demand, I say!

Untitled

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

I'm getting the Street Fighter II VC with online multiplayer that we've been promised!

Oh wait.

Dodger

Dodger said:

I'm sure they'll put a pokemon game on the VC eventually but they probably want to spread out their releases. I'm hoping for an upgraded version of Yellow with online trading and multiplayer but I doubt that will happen. :P I wouldn't expect Gold and Silver as they want you to buy the DS remake of those.

Seriously though, I would pay 3DSware costs ($6 to $10 or so) for a VC remake with online multiplayer of any sort.

Anyways, even if 3D Classics Kid Icarus comes to the Eshop, I probably won't buy it. Especially if it doesn't have restore points. I've played that one before and I stink at it. I'm a lot better at Metroid then Kid Icarus and I haven't even tried playing Metroid with the restore points yet. :P

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

@Chariblaze
Well if that it true then it sucks! To make a game unavailable for people who don't live in the USA just isn't nice.

Maybe they'll put it on Club Nintendo instead? I don't mind paying cash or points, I just want 3D Classics Kid Icarus!

I guess I can wait a while though, considering I just picked up Uprising and I'm off to play that right now..

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

With at least FIVE different retro console game libraries to choose from, there shouldn't be a week that goes by w/out a VC release for 3DS