Big 3DS Release Dates Still to Be Determined

Posted by James Newton

TBD strikes again

The latest Nintendo release schedule doesn't narrow the release windows for many highly anticipated 3DS games.

Mario Tennis and Luigi's Mansion 2 are both labelled up as 2012 releases. Animal Crossing and Paper Mario are down for 2012 in Japan but are both listed as "to be determined" for North America and Europe which, in a worst case scenario, could lead to — gulp — 2013 releases.

Sadly there's no mention of Fire Emblem Kakusei or Monster Hunter 3 G for either Europe or North America. In fact, the only mildly notable confirmation is that Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir is definitely coming to Europe, so that's something at least.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Related Games

dirtyplastic

dirtyplastic said:

Nintendo needs to keep the bit games coming....they cant afford a games drought this close to vita going worldwide!

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

animal crossing in 2013 would break my heart.

most anticipated game since the 3DS was first shown

Alexneon

Alexneon said:

If Ac 3ds is for 2013 and no monster hunter this year. now i have a good reason to sell my 3DS.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Uggg... Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario were both to be releaed in January 2012....... at least according to a flier that Gamestop gave me back in June 2011. Seriously, those tentative release date lists aren't worth the paper their written on - all the more reliable to wipe my bottom with (but T.P. does a much better job!) :D

Punky

Punky said:

@Alexneon and to buy another 3DS in 2013? :)

I think it makes more sense to announce release dates and games at E3 rather than in a release schedule document now.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

If a game is known to be currently under development and announced by the publisher, you can count on Gamestop to pull bogus release dates out of their ********, possibly because they can't accept preorders without some tentative release date already stored in the computer.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Good 3DS Games Still to Be Determined - gamers play DS games in the meanwhile.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Be patient. They'll all come in 2012. They have to decide what to release in Q4 (the real money making window as last year showed). Surprised about Luigi's Mansion as Nintendo Gamer and ONM predicted Q1 or Q2. Ah well.

Mahra

Mahra said:

OMG .... Animal Crossing IN 2013 Im GoNNA dIE.......... i LOVE that Game V.M :(

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

Please release Animal Crossing this year, and at least announce Fire Emblem for the West, that would be RAD. Looking forward to E3.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@dirtyplastic: Vita lauches next month and there's not really a drought of games until after March. Then again Nintendo hasn't announced the Q2 schedule yet (April-June), but that's usually around Feb-March.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

They're all coming this year, so I think Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario will end up being this summer at least. E3 ought to clear it all up.

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

I'm really looking forward to Animal Crossing, It'd be very disappointing if it didn't make it this year. The 3DS has finally hit its stride and has had some really good releases, but they need to keep those coming now.

Monster Hunter I wouldn't expect this year, if at all. I could see them waiting until 4, which seems to be quite a step up and might appeal to the western audience more.

Megajack

Megajack said:

NOOOO! animal crossing in 2013! hmph. (off topic but i really hope at E3 they announce a 2-d metroid game.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Animal Crossing coming in 2013 is extremely unlikely. The game has been in development since 2009. Right now, it should be in it's final stages.

I see AC3DS coming out between August-November globally. Paper Mario must be a definite November. Though, could be much much more sooner. Nintendo is spacing their releases out so they have at least one new game every month, as well as their digital realeases.

Patience folks. :)

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Give me my mother flankin, son of a beachin release dates on Luigi, AC and Paper Mario, you lint lickers at Nintendo!

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I just hope they'll throw more onto holidays store shelves than the new 2D Mario platformer.
Yay for Spirit Camera coming to Europe at least. Hope this one turns out great and leads to more Fatal Frame on Nintendo platforms in Eustralica. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

Well, considering Kid Icarus is due out soon, and they got SM3DL and Mario Kart 7 out in time for the holidays when they needed a big push for 3DS sales, it's no surprise there's a little lull in Nintendo produced 3DS games coming out. On the bright side, the US gets Xenoblade and the EU gets Last Story and Pandora's Tower, so that's something to play for awhile.

svenlives

svenlives said:

Animal Crossing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Culdcept announcement for North America please

Dodger

Dodger said:

I wish I could get a release date after waiting since E3 2010 for more news on Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, two of my favorite series. I'm actually starting to get kind of annoyed. I would be less annoyed if they actually had something else inbetween now and then, whenever then is. Kid Icarus is the only slightly interesting Nintendo published game that will come out in late Winter/Spring and it looks like we don't have much interesting for Summer either. I hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of last year where they had nothing until the Holiday season.

The only news I've gotten on Animal Crossing is a roundtable video and I've seen nothing on PM. Still don't know official names for either. I know there was a tsunami but they've been working on these games for years now.

I'm not a huge fan of Metroid but a 3DS 2D Metroid would look pretty awesome.

And the gamestop predictions aren't even worth using as Twilight Princess or Toilet Paper. They said Animal Crossing 3D would be out in August 2011. :P

bahooney

bahooney said:

Quick, 3DS Ambassadors! Write up how fantastic Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is on Club Nintendo! Make Nintendo know we need this game!

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

I really just care about Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario. I hope they come out this year, and soon, but I'm pretty sure they will be.

I'm kind of done with Animal Crossing.

Shworange

Shworange said:

If animal crossing doesn't come out in 2012 I'm going to smash my 3DS. Then I'm going to find out where all of the members of the round table live. I will gather all of their 3DS' and smash it with the animal crossing music producer's guitar. Then I'll bite the heads off 13 kittens and kick puppies and then I'll break all my Nintendo stuff and I won't ever buy another used Nintendo game ever again! And, if there isn't an animal crossing at the wiiU's launch I will buy a WiiU just so I can break that too. If my mommy gets angry, I'll tell her, "shut up! I can break my things mom! Now go buy me a PS3! Buy an Xbox 360 too just in case I need to break one of those as well"!!!

Lol. Good times! :)

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I love all the "if this doesn't happen, I'll be mad..." posts. Typical fanboy reactions to everything :D

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow I thought at first this had something to do with The Black Dragon.

BenAV

BenAV said:

There are still a lot of good 3DS games on the way in the near future.
I don't really have much money so I'm fine with them spacing them out well. :P

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@James,@theblackdragon Is this payback for the (James) Newton vs. the hored joke? I know theblackdragon made it up and James posted it for the world to see. Also @everyone remember theblackdragon can ban anyone who insults him...

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

The two games I want the most out of those mentioned aren't even on the release schedule. Great, thanks Nintendo. I didn't really want to buy any retail games for my 3DS anyway... or something like that.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

We just got MK7 a month ago, RE Revelations is just being released and Kid Icarus is coming in March. And people are already complaining for the games that have no release date? Specially when Nintendo changes dates as they see fit, so they are not worth anything.

I still remember when Skyward Sword was scheduled for 2010. That being said, the wait was definitely worth it, and a common issue with their first party games.

Nightsider

Nightsider said:

did they completely forget about roller coaster. i know that this is a first party news thing but there haven't been any announcments

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@36: Glad to see that I'm not the only one hoping for a Culdcept 3D localization.

So many games coming out this year for the 3DS. My wallet my not like it but I love it. :D

john2468

john2468 said:

Hey everyone, calm down! We should be getting more news about the games...soon.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@theblackdragon, i was asking you and james if this pages tagline was revenge for the Newton v.s. the Hored joke, TBD strikes again, (theblackdragon strikes again). Hope that cleared it up. @Jamouse what did you mean? @anyone, Can anyone tell me what Jamouse meant?

James

James said:

@K-C @theblackdragon is a woman.

This tagline is an homage to our wonderful community administrator and in no way represents her jurisdiction over Nintendo's global release calendar.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@theblackdragon, Im so sorry for calling you a man, i just assumed you were a man, i dont know why. I might have confused you with Thomas(whitehead?) at somepoint in the past, then guessed you changed your username and picture. Again Im terribly sorry.

Bow

Bow said:

Really hoping to see both Paper Mario and Animal Crossing released this year...if not, they better be extra amazing and worth the wait!

Reenie

Reenie said:

I preordered Paper Mario in June-ish last year....if it does not come out this year, I would have had it preordered for like a minimum of a year and a half! Twisting the knife in my side....