Fifa 15 Coming to Wii and 3DS on the 26th of September

Posted by Alex Olney

There's no 'U' in 'team'

The Fifa games are met with either devotion or disdain. The multi-million pound video games franchise releases a new game in the series every year for nearly all consoles and are always successful due to the nature of nature of the game it emulates. In a strange move by the publisher, they have decided to release the latest game in the series – Fifa 15 – on the 3DS and the Wii but forgo the Wii U entirely, as mentioned previously. Of course the Wii U is backwards compatible so you can still play the game on the system, just with more waggling.

Fifa 15 will be arriving in stores on the 26th of September this year so make a note of it if you're a football fan.

Are you planning to score some goals with EA's latest foray into footie, or are you sitting on the sidelines? Let us know!

[via digitalspy.com]

Related Games

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

As a testament to my spite for EA's deliberate negligence of the Wii U, I refuse to buy any EA games that won't be on a Nintendo console. That said, I WILL buy the ones that are on the Wii U, Wii and 3DS regardless of what it is to show my support for a more amicable relationship between both Nintendo and EA.

ShanaUnite

ShanaUnite said:

Wii U owners don't care. They can just use that backwards compatibility they frequently quote when people tell them there are no games on the Wii U :P

Peach64

Peach64 said:

It's hardly a strange decision to put it out for two succesful machines and skip one that's struggling at the moment. It's not just a success because it's football either. FIFA and PES used to be neck and neck in sales, but over the last gen FIFA had improved dramatically and now destroys the Konami game in terms of sales and critical acclaim.

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

I'll be too busy playing Destiny and Disney Infinity 2.0 to care about a game which is a sport I loathe in the first place.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

Wii version doesn't make sense now.
3DS version never made sense in the first place.

Wii U makes the most sense for FIFA, though. Imagine being able to draw up plays on the fly if you're a manager. Imagine being able to target which place the goalkeeper is going to guard by tapping the screen. Imagine being able to score goals by outwitting said goalkeeper by tapping another area of the screen. >Hnnnngh

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I don't care personally since the last Fifa I played was Fifa '95, but I still hope this time around they will give a real "new" Fifa to Wii owners.

Almost wanting to confirm the typical "Fifa games are all the same" critic, didn't the latest Wii's versions had only very minor graphic changes for try to justify the new releases?

I really hope EA is listening as they said and will avoid such a low hit again to its fans >_>;;;

dinosauryoshi

dinosauryoshi said:

They can keep their Fifa. Football games haven't been good since around PES 6 in my opinion. Too focused on realism rather than fun! Fifa feels sluggish to me, it seems stuff always happens an age after I actually press the button just so the animations can look smooth and realistic.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

It will take a fairly dramatic improvement over FIFA13 on Wii U to make me want to buy another football game on Wii U but I did hear that FIFA15 is the first ever season that Selhurst Park is going to be in FIFA.

agqwestern

agqwestern said:

PLEASE EA. I BOUGHT NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED U. I BOUGHT FIFA 11 ON WII. ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THE DECENT BUT OLD FIFA 13 ON WII U OR A CRAP BUT NEW FIFA 15 ON WII?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS? ALL I ASK IS FOR FIFA 16 ON WII U AND I SHALL PLAY THAT FORVER. Rant over.

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

For anybody that doubted EAs 'unprecedented' relationship with Nintendo, there you have it. :-)

While it's good that Nintendo is getting some sort of support, I can't help but to feel like Wii U owners are being trolled with this move. Though from a business perspective, I understand the move.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Being American, when I read "multi-million pound franchise" my first interpretation of that was a really really really fat franchise.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. Good night

GuyWithTheGames

GuyWithTheGames said:

We don't need insults or personal attacks here -Lz
-and we also don't need censorship of comments (not just my own) that are not politically correct.

CTs_Lieutenant

CTs_Lieutenant said:

Anything that is wrong with the gaming industry is attributed to EA. They are the filth of the gaming world.

It wouldn't surprise me that they start to release 6 monthly versions to cater for the winter transfer window. That's all what their releases are, updates to the player roster.

FX102A

FX102A said:

I was never really a football game fan, but I'd love a more arcadey football game equivalent to what was done back in the SNES days.

BF-Medic

BF-Medic said:

BF4 was my last EA game, ever. Even if this came out for Wii U I would not buy it.

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Any Football game without online it's just unacceptable, I'll get '15 (used, of course) for my PS3, EA, thanks.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Well, at least they're publishing on Nintendo platforms again, even if the lack of Wii U seems asinine (as in, I doubt the Wii version will sell more than a Wii U version would at this point).

If it comes to Wii U next year, then I'll actually get it.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

I have only ever bought pro evo and as that game doesn't rely on actual FIFA endorsed rosters or teams, I dont feel the need to get a new one every year. And for me at least it always played better than FIFA anyway, with little chance of finishing games with scores as high as 13 goals like FIFA seems to be capable of. I am hopeful we will nget a Pro Evo Wii U Game soon

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

My guess this release is for Europe only — and not for North America.
Can anyone confirm that?

My second guess is all EA has done is a roster and kit update (and removal of the Brazilian leagues of which it no longer has rights) to the version of FIFA it has been selling since 2011 (FIFA 12, FIFA 13, FIFA 14 Legacy Edition).

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I want to buy a sport game for my Wii U but there are none!!!!! I know there's Wii Sports but I'm looking for a simulation of some sort. It would be awesome to be able to buy football, soccer, or baseball.......but nooooooooo!

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Seriously.....they already made a FIFA game for Wii U. How hard would it be to update it some graphic and play wise. Slap in the new rosters. Call it FIFA Wii U and inform everyone they aren't making another for 3 years but will offer updated rosters via paid DLC. Turn it into more of an ever green title instead of a annual release...........

I'm not a fan of Soccer but the video games are fun. I wouldn't mind having a decent one to play on my U.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

We should petition to EA to end this outrage, there is no reason for the lack of a GameCube version!

antonvaltaz

antonvaltaz said:

If only Codemasters would release Sensi on the eShop, we'd have no need for any new football games anyway!

rdrunner1178

rdrunner1178 said:

Hey EA, just give us some Madden/FIFA/NHL on SNES for Virtual Console and update the teams and rosters. Then charge $9.99 instead of $7.99

leons2

leons2 said:

I wish EA would put a wii u download code so people can see that they need to upgrade to the wii u. If they were to do that then im pretty sure it could make an impact on their game and rise in sales if a wii u version was in this type of situation.

Faruko

Faruko said:

Can you really blame EA (and Ubisoft/Activision,etc...) in all this games not coming to the WiU ? i love my WiiU but that doesnt i cant see the reason behind this, the console just started to pick up steam after almost 2 years on the market, add that the PS4 and (im pretty sure) the XB1 has sold more than the WiiU in much less time and you have a recipe for disaster.

Do not blame EA/Ubi/Activision for not wanting to make a risk a put a game on a console that will most likelynot going to sell enough, blame nintendo for not doing enough effort (at the begining) to make the console less of a risk, creating games takes money by the way

by the way, the can revive the console, they did it with the 3DS not too long ago

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Meh, the game will suck anyways so no big loss. I was already happy Madden didn't rear it's ugly face on the Wii U and I'm glad FIFA won't either. It's good cuz ten years from now I'll rest easy knowing there won't be any crap Madden or FIFA games wasting store shelve space at the bargain bin when buying used games.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

They are doing a legacy edition again. Enjoy your full-donkeyed football game

PKpunky

PKpunky said:

I'd rather support the Football Pocket game, if it ever has a release in the states.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@ShanaUnite The Wii version will be the 09 version with a roster update. (i.e worthless). I bet the 3DS one is still the same one with a roster update again.

Origin / Xbone / PS4 are the only sensible choices. (The PC one is the new engine this time).

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

@rdrunner1178

EA has never supported the VC which is lame cause they have a big backlog of 16-bit games (Road Rash, Desert Strike, etc..). I believe their reasoning is that they want people to join Origin (R.I.P. to Origin developers which their crap service is named after). I will never infect my computer with the virus known as Origin. Eventually, I will just buy used carts from the 16-bit era to get my Road Rash fix on or better yet Road Redemption.

Dipper723

Dipper723 said:

EA said in an earlier tweet that they were only focusing on Gen 4. Where's the Sega Genesis version?

BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger said:

Sports games on legacy systems are nothing new. The PS2 kept getting Madden games until 2011, with Madden NFL 12.

tovare

tovare said:

Wow, this must run deeper than sales and installed base. I'd love to know why. Suppliers just don't try to create a duopoly without something bigger forcing it.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Great thanks EA for making a port of game too a dead system. Every day you're getting better in my eyes ugh.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

None of this makes sense.
It's just a roster update for 3DS and Wii...so why not do a roster update for WiiU as well?
In fact, why not make a download only title for WiiU to avoid costs putting it in stores and to make yourself look like you are forward thinking as a company. Oh wait, it's EA, ignore that last part.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Why is this on Wii? It's another retread of FIFA 12, the last time EA changed anything in the Wii version.
I can already buy the HD version of that game, it's called FIFA 13 and it's on the Wii U.
Sports can be fun and entertaining. Their games can be too.
But who thinks spending 60-70$ / year on the same game sounds like a good idea?
The rosters are generally outdated by the season's start, so most of the 'changes' prove pointless.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

@Faruko
Blame Nintendo for the start..?
Why not blame Ubisoft for the lacklustre ZombiU, horrible Rabbids and god awful Just Dance? Why not blame EA for releasing Mass Effect Trilogy 4 months after the Wii U released (and on every other system), NFL and their gimped physics and online modes, FIFA for a 12 month old reskin (for full price)?
I don't blame Activision. Despite how I feel about it, they gave their series two entries to find success. That one's on Nintendo.
I also don't blame Ubisoft for AC selling like garbage on Wii U. Another on Nintendo.
EA QUIT without raising a single finger.
They dropped Nintendo BEFORE launch day.
So don't sit there and defend a company that likely almost killed itself when Microsoft repealed the DRM centered always online aspect of the XB1..
The others, sure, they've got just cause. EA? They've never had an excuse.
The entire company seems very biased towards PC platforms and parity across the board. I guarantee they're putting less effort into these 'games' (cheap ports) than you or I put into our comments.
Not worth the paper or plastic they're printed on.
Bioware made a great game in ME3. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just too bad they let EA neuter them in the process.

nintendyagmr

nintendyagmr said:

I am a huge Football fan but this is really dumb. Although I kind of liked the feeling between simulation and arcadyness (if that's even a word) of the Fifa games on the wii.

gameplay1st

gameplay1st said:

I just downloaded Sensible World of Soccer now they made it compatible with Windows 8. I'd download it again if it ever came to the Wii U eshop. Honestly though, the 3DS gets Nintendo Pocket Football, wheres our fun little footie game?

andrea987

andrea987 said:

@DarkEdi Last 3 Fifa for Wii didn't have online anyway. The real question is why 3DS version is not getting online (PES used it pefectly fine) and why is getting a "Legacy" version, being current gen.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Risk? There's no risk porting FIFA. EA just doesn't have talented enough people to make a worthy Wii U version. Just look at FIFA 13 for Wii U.
Time to rename the company from Electronic Arts to Electronic Games, Electronic Software or something, because arts isn't what they do.

F4LLEND4RK

F4LLEND4RK said:

FIFA 12, 13 & 14 on the Wii are all the exact same game (Excluding one new title screen & Squad updates) so I wouldn't be surprised if the money whores at EA keep following this pattern.

Windy

Windy said:

I guess the Wii version will not have online play since the match server is such down. Wouldn't that be a bummer. I have FIFA 13 on 3ds and its not near as good as PES Soccer 2013 on 3ds. It. Just plays so sluggesh compared to PES. I also have PES 2013 on Wii which is outstanding also. I don't have a FIFA on Wii to compare it.

DJKeens

DJKeens said:

This goes back to a statement I made about numbers. There are millions of Wii consoles out there so even if they are collecting dust, it's logical to assume that they could hit the million mark even if only 2% of Wii owners bought it. They're milking that. They're contributing to the problem though. They're not giving Wii owners a reason to upgrade. Release an actual good version on Wii U and skip the Wii and that 2% could equate to a few million upgrades. Pipe dream I know but again this just works against the console.

beautifulstrong

beautifulstrong said:

Nintendo should not allow the Wii version to come out. Makes the WiiU look bad, or actually, makes people not notice it at all.
THIS IS THE LAST TIME I READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT EA IN REGARDS TO WIIU. IT'S WELL ESTABLISHED THAT THEY ONCE SAID THEY WOULD SUPPORT WIIU, AND NOW IT'S SOME SORT OF CHILDISH JOKE AMONG THE PEOPLE OF THAT COMPANY. WHO CARES, THEIR BEST DAYS ARE BEHIND THEM. THE FUTURE OF GAMING IS COMING FULL CIRCLE, BACK TO PEOPLE PLAYING "NINTENDO", AND NOT REINACTING WAR AND SPORTS, IN THEIR LIVING ROOMS. I'D RATHER PLAY MARIO STRIKERS THAN FIFA BECAUSE IT'S SUREAL. KICKING A BALL AROUND A FIELD IS BORING AND I DON'T NEED A REALISTIC SIMULATION OF SUCH AN EVENT.

immadashell

immadashell said:

Thank you for adding this to the wii !!! I wont ever be getting a wii u so thank you for thinking about wii customers even if nintendo hates their loyal fanbase.