E3 2014: Nintendo Reveals New eShop Games in Trailer Extravaganza

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A first look at six titles, including Gunman Clive 2

Although the pre-E3 stage is today being taken up by rivals such as Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft and EA, Nintendo has taken the opportunity to release a host of new trailers for titles on the way to both Wii U and 3DS. Some of these titles appear to be new reveals, too, expanding the list of intriguing titles on the way to the eShop platforms.

Without further ado, below are a host of fresh titles being shown off by Nintendo for the first time.

Gunman Clive 2

A sequel to the hugely popular 3DS eShop title, this one looks set to have new stage ideas such as on-rails sections, flipped gravity and even a dinosaur boss fight.

6180 the moon

Originally developed for PC, this is a stylish platformer in which you utilise the top and bottom of the screen, with ambient music accompanying you all the way.

Chariot

Previously shown at an industry mixer, this is a clever-looking puzzle game coming to Nintendo's system as well as Xbox One, PS4 and PC — it looks particularly tricky, and co-op play is the recommended way to tackle the experience.

Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter

A follow up to the DSiWare original, this is a flying combat game on the way to 3DS. Flying around and shooting everything seems to be the order of the day, which could be fun.

A.N.N.E

This is a rather charming Metroidvania adventure that achieved success through Kickstarter. It certainly looks the part and is worth watching.

Moon Chronicles: Episode 2

The second part to Renegade Kid's 3DS remake has been shown for the first time, continuing the story at a lower price point than the first part.

So there you have it, a look at more games on the way to the Wii U and 3DS eShop stores. Which ones have caught your eye?

Yosher

Yosher said:

Making room for more important stuff for their show tomorrow? Always nice to know there's some good eShop titles coming either way~

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I thought Nintendo wasn't doing anything at E3 today. What is their schedule?

ACK

ACK said:

Maybe Gunman Clive 2 will take longer than 45 minutes to beat. That was my first and only time playing the original and includes finishing with Clive and Duck mode. One of the easiest, breeziest 2D platformers in recent memory... Hopefully this has some more challenge and meat, otherwise I will probably pass. It's little more than serviceable 2D running and gunning.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Gunman Clive 2 and A.N.N.E. look really interesting, but I'm also curious about 6180 to the moon (I read it out as six-one-eighty to the moon, sound like a Tony Hawk thing).

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I got the first Gunman Clive not too long ago. This sequel seems to really expand things with animals, bigger boss fights, and more diverse levels and themes, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Liquid_ice

Liquid_ice said:

Gunman Clive 2... unexpected, but AWESOME! Nintendo is already close to winning E3 (at least if Sony won't give us more information of Kingdom Hearts III).

ChemyNoSurfea

ChemyNoSurfea said:

They actually uploaded quite a bunch of trailers, around 12 is my guess so go take a look on Nintendo's YouTube channel

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Man, Gunman Clive 2 seems poised to deliver everything I missed from the (excellent) original game, with better use of color and what seems to be a larger-than-life, time-spanning storyline. Super stoked!

2Sang

2Sang said:

Gunman clive 2? I'm sold just by the name. Hope it's also $2 or maybe $3 and they don't take the same path as other indie game series on eshop.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Gettin all the lovely little indie games out of the way today to focus entirely on 1st Party tomorrow!

iAlias

iAlias said:

Uh, there are way more trailers that were posted.. Cubemen 2, STARWHAL, Armillo..

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Wow, I had fun with Thorium Wars back in the day. I just may have to buy part 2 if it's good. Looks like they got rid of those freaking tank levels, too.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Miyamoto will be showing his new games (yes, there's not just one) with Nintendo Treehouse tomorrow afternoon.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Way for Nintendo to release some indie trailers early to wet our appetites. Looking forwards to gunman clive 2.

dumedum

dumedum said:

so happy with Gunman Clive 2 (haven't even looked at the others yet). That guy is a genius. What wonderful news.

iAlias

iAlias said:

Seriously, though. Take a look at Nintendo's YouTube page. There are a TON of new games for the eShop and 3DS and Wii U retail.

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

Xbox E3 failed big time the ball's in nitnendo court now they will mop up as a lot of games on xbox and ps4 are the same.
Fingers crossed Nintendo go all out tomorrow. 5pm uk time.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I'm all for Gunman Clive 2 so long as they control the cost of the game.

What about that cool-looking Steampunk schmup that's supposed to be coming over to the West?

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

Chariot actually looks pretty cool, especially for co-op. ANNE looks good too but I already knew about it from Kickstarter.

Sugar_Crunch_BD

Sugar_Crunch_BD said:

@Luna-Harmony. It was an okay conference, much better than thier last one. But they teased with Conker and didn't announce what Rare is doing. Unless if it is one of microsofts unnanounced games.

Honestly, I dont think Nintendo will deliver. At least, I don't think there will be any 3rd party.

Caryslan

Caryslan said:

Yes! Gunman Clive is getting a sequel!

The first one was one of the best games on the 3DS and this one looks even more awesome!

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@bezerker99
No. He confirmed the RPG's cancellation on his twitter account.

Interested in Gunman Clive 2. It's value looks too high to sell for $2 this time though. I'd buy it at just about any price but I'm afraid fans will be weary of it if it cost as much as, say, NES Remix or even Steamworld Dig.

KTT

KTT said:

When I read "(...) this is a flying combat game on the way to 3DS. Flying around and shooting everything (...)" and saw preview on the video I immediately clicked it. Then I saw the bland, uninspiring and almost N64 graphics with dull textures and my hype disapeared. Though if the gameplay is good I may give it a try. For now I'll stay with my precious Ace Combat (for 3DS).

SleepyCrossing

SleepyCrossing said:

There are so many more on Nintendo's Youtube page. Check it out. So excited for these. Especially Nihilumbra.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Thorium Wars and ANNE have my attention. Gunman Clive looks good, but I wanna pick up the first game first.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Very hyped for Gunman Clive 2 and ANNE, though I don't have a Wii U for that. Also glad to see Frima as a developer for the eShop; I remember they made quite a few great digital games for the PSP PSminis.

audiobrainiac

audiobrainiac said:

Thorium Wars looks more fun than AiRace. At least you do more than race a clock. Really looking forward to Gunman Clive 2 and A.N.N.E.!!!

LawRulesALL

LawRulesALL said:

Nintendolife made another "news" to show the rest of the trailers dat isn't here, just you guys are wondering. In the games front, very excited about Gunman Clive 2!!!! Also looking forward to be playing Moon Chronicles Ep. 2 and 6180 the moon looks interesting :) Since A.N.N.E. showed virtually nothing I can't say i'm looking forward to it. Thorium seems pretty good in comcept but the graphics in the other hand.... just meh. Chariot seems cool altough I don't own a Wii U... YET!!! hehe

LDXD

LDXD said:

A.N.N.E has my attention, I'd like to see more. Looks like metroid mixed with cave story and knytt underground

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Gunman Clive 2 baby YEAH!!! All my 3DS indie dreams have come true ;)

Seriously though this is really awesome news!

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Gunman Clive 2 looks great! Someone above said that they wished the game was longer, but I enjoy being able to pick the game up and clear it in 30mins to an hour.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I can't wrap my head around all of the love Gunman clive gets, it's quite possibly one of the boring platformers i've ever played. It does nothing new, it looks awful with it's cheap barren & empty cell shaded cowboy I-phone visuals and the soundtrack is boarder line annoying. Not convinced at all by the sequel. I'm sure a blind folded five year old could finish it in their sleep. :P It was lifeless depressing experience for me, one that i'd like to forget!

A.N.N.E and Charriot look like they have potential. Plus I am interested in checking out Moon Chronicles mainly because of it's FPS stylus controls and because it's the first FPS on the 3DS with stereoscopic 3D. ;)

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

I'm considering Clive. Moon looks good, but probably not for me.
Chariot has caught my eye Hard.

Thorium looks… tedious. Almost none of the enemies shot at in the trailer, die. Everything seems to take a lot of hits…

A.N.N.E is one I backed on KS, not sure what platforms I'm getting though…

Moon Chronicles… has my interest, so I'll have to wait to see if it's released in the UK in my lifetime…

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

I've never played Gunman Clive or Thorium Wars, but I may have to check out both of the originals, especially Thorium which look like it is as close to a new Star Fox game that, seriously, WE WILL EVER GET AGAIN!..

Henmii

Henmii said:

Its good to see the downloads already, since it makes space for other stuff at the Digital event! However, some of them look nice!

gurtifus

gurtifus said:

Before showing Moon Episode 2, what about a release of the first episode in EU, guys ?

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Okay, the dinosaur fight was strange enough, but Gunman Clive is going to manage to take out a huge gunboat cannon and a steam-powered mech with nothing but a revolver?! How does that work?!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

This Thorium Wars intrigues me, especially in the absence of Star Fox or Rogue Squadron in recent years.

Gunman Clive 2 will of course be a must-buy for me. I loved the first one, and its sequel looks so rad.