Nintendo Announces a Charming New Princess Peach Wii Remote Plus

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Proud to be pink

Many of us parted with good money last year when Nintendo released Mario and Luigi Wii Remote Plus controllers, with a simple colour scheme enough to get us a tad excited. The big N is aiming to tap into that instinct again with a new Princess Peach-themed Remote, with Nintendo of America confirming that it'll arrive in the region's stores from late April with a recommended price of $39.99.

This Peach Remote "includes a crown design over the speaker, blue buttons that echo Peach’s royal jewelry and a golden-yellow plus pad that evokes her regal crown". You can see for yourself below, in which that age old love-triangle — well, not really — between Mario, Luigi and the princess is re-imagined in Remote form.

Nintendo of Europe is yet to confirm release details for the Remote in its region, though it's likely just a matter of time. Are you interested in picking this up for your Wii or Wii U?

Falchion

Falchion said:

Not really interested, already have the mario one and a total of 6 wii remotes. So ya, I am good for now.

TheItalianBaptist

TheItalianBaptist said:

Sad that this is so late. I like the design but already got a hot pink one for mom and light-up third party ones for myself. Wish nintendo had released these sooner :(

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Released them sooner..? This is how you milk a product, not by releasing a bunch of special editions right away, but waiting until interest dwindles a bit. Collectors and enthusiasts will always exist.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Now my collection is incomplete, and it is not like I need another wiimote. The Mario one is still boxed.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I have lots of controllers! I will buy this if this comes out in Europe but I won't use it.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

OMG! I need this now! I really don't get how like no one is happy about this. Idc if I don't need more wiimotes, this must become my prime wiimote!

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

@Dreamz Yes! Rosy needs her own game and I believe it will happen. Or how about a large role in... wait for it...Super Mario Galaxy 3!

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

Dang. I literally just went through a money plan and it took forever to work the Mario and Luigi ones in to my budget... Back to the drawing board, I guess

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@SahashraLA Not sure. To milk it would be to provide all the things that go with it (Nunchuck / Wheel / Classic Controller / Classic Controller Pro / Pro Controller / Wii Zapper / Balance Board). Also at the moment the Mario and Luigi ones are cheaper in the UK than the normal ones. (Nearly half price).

outburst

outburst said:

Ha! 'glad I waited to buy our 4th remote (zelda, mario & luigi). Now I just hope our unborn child will be a girl. :D The Zelda is for my wife. I brainwashed my 4-year old son to like Luigi so I can be Mario just as I used to when I was a kid. Tee hee.

If it will turn out to be a boy, my wife will have the Peach remote instead. :D

Now Nintendo just need to release matching nunchuks for all three.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@sillygostly surely it will just be a Peach DLC for NSMBU

@unrandomsam where is selling cheap Mario Wiimotes in UK? I have all old style ones with the rattly motion plus add-ons so I want to try a big trade in.

tovare

tovare said:

I have the green luigi and it's my favorite, although for some games the old white with motion plus add on has more presence.

dethmart

dethmart said:

My daughter will love this. .
She asked why there wasn't one when the mario and luigi ones we're released

FX102A

FX102A said:

Another one to display next to the other two I guess. Wish the Skyward Sword one had also come boxed. Now we need a Samus Aran one coloured to look like her Arm Cannon.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Eh, I still haven't gotten the Mario one, but I guess I'll only have three Plus remotes after that, so... maybe.

AkinaChan

AkinaChan said:

Awww, I want it! I have the a Peach 3ds kit that came with a matching screen wipe and stylus, so it's obvious I'm a big fan of Peach lol. I still use my gold Zelda remote I got when I preordered Skyward Sword, and I have 3 other standard white Wii Remotes, though, so I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself to buy this ^^;; Plus there are a lot of games comming out soon that I'm interested in, and I wanna put my money towards them first ^^;

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

If mine were a multiplayer household I'd totally get this. But it's a singleplayer household, and I already have my gold Wiimote/Nunchuk, so the $40 is better spent on games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I bought my wife and I matching blue and pink remotes w/ the Plus add-on for our anniversary 3 1/2 years ago so I considered this as a replacement but she really doesn't game that much anymore. She'll play MK8 and SSB w/ us as a family but she'll use one of the Pro controllers for that.

I'm really surprised this is still $40. The original tech is 8 years old and even the built in Plus is 3 1/2 years old, can't believe they aren't $25 or $30 by now.

My niece turns 1 soon, maybe I'll but it for her. She's still a tad young for a 2DS.

absuplendous

absuplendous said:

If we get a Toad controller, I'd rather it be white with red spots. I don't think "Blue" when I think of Toad, not even Blue Toad. I never really understood why Nintendo opted not to use the traditional red-spotted Toad as the playable character in the recent Mario games... I don't buy that a predominantly white character would be too hard to distinguish between a character with an entirely different design, simply because the former has a few red spots.

Anyway, the Peach controller is a nice complement, though I'm not sure I need a third themed controller. What I'd really love, though, is a controller colored entirely in the blue used for Luigi's controller.

BlueStar101

BlueStar101 said:

The Mario & Luigi Wii Remotes are standing at the Peach Remote's sides to keep her safe from the big scary Bowser Remote.

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

Tempted to buy my sister one of these, even though afaik she hardly uses her Wii any more.

uneek

uneek said:

Just what I've been waiting for. Need to get it for my daughter. Next wait is for rosalina for my wife.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I have the red remote from Wii Play Motion, so the Mario one had little appeal, but I had to have Luigi. I have a blue remote for my Japanese Wii and I was thinking of getting a pink one as well, so good timing!

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

Lets see, 2 white, 2 black, mariomote, luigimote yeah 6 wiimotes.
Do I need this? No.
Do I want it anyway? Yes!

luchacomics

luchacomics said:

I have a little girl who loves all the stuff that her dad does, but doesn't have enough options for girl stuff - girl transformers, superheroes, etc and loves Princess Peach, so this is great for me.

McGuire

McGuire said:

@TourianTourist They already did Zelda, but Metroid would be cool. Good way to pay homage to the three biggest Nintendo franchises. I wouldn't be upset with a Donkey Kong version though. I suspect the next one (there will be a next one I'm guessing) would be Toad or Wario. Bowser would look awesome. Dark green with orange buttons and a red directional pad?

Agent721

Agent721 said:

I like the other two better, but this is cool too. I already own a gold Zelda one, Mario & Luigi...what would be neat would be Bowser one as well.

Nico07

Nico07 said:

@dethmart Mine too, we have told her the current pink controller is the Princess one and the blue is Toad. Well I guess this is another controller I will be buying. Nintendo could probably get more money out of me with more color options like Daisy, Toad, Rosalina, Mango or others.

Ayronom

Ayronom said:

We need a pikachu, charizard, or greninja remote to celebrate Smash Bros.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@sinalefa
My sentiments exactly. I'm obligated to buy this now, because as a completionist, I refuse to own only the Mario, Luigi and Zelda limited edition Wiimotes but not the Peach Wiimote. I feel like Nicolas Cage in Matchstick Men. Obsessive compulsive to the max...

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

I splashed out on the Mario & Luigi remotes when I bought my Wii U, my daughter couldn't understand why no Peach one! She'll be delighted, I guess I'll have to pick this up if it becomes available in the UK!

RawkHawk013

RawkHawk013 said:

pretty cool design actually! Would like to buy the M&L ones first however as I could use some wii remote pluses!

iphys

iphys said:

I already have the Mario, Luigi, and Zelda Wiimotes plus 5 others and had 2 extra Wiimotes before that that I gave to my dad, so I better stop buying Wiimotes. It's easy to say no to this since I hate pink anyway.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I already have the Zelda, Mario, and Luigi ones so for me it isn't appealing. However my girlfriend is planning to replace her pink one with this one.

Now if they offer matching nunchucks for the Mario and Luigi controllers I would be Interested in those

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

Ungh.... I REALLY want it for my collection... But I already have the Mario ones and two others.