Angry Birds Trilogy Flocks to Wii and Wii U in August

Posted by Lee Meyer

Just when you thought the piggies were safe...

If by chance you're one of the three people that hasn't yet played Rovio's mega-popular Angry Birds series, or prefer to play your pig-killing physics puzzlers on the big screen, you're in luck — Rovio has announced that Angry Birds Trilogy will launch on both Wii and Wii U in North America as retail titles on 13th August, while the European release date is unannounced but seems unlikely to be too different.

Previously released for 3DS and other platforms, Angry Birds Trilogy compiles three games in the hit series: Angry Birds, the holiday-based Angry Birds Seasons and the movie tie-in Angry Birds Rio. The collection unfortunately excludes Angry Birds Space, Bad Piggies and the recently released Angry Birds Star Wars, but we played the 3DS version and found it to be a rather enjoyable experience. The trailer for the title, below, does rather boldly promise a "bonus" 40 hours of gameplay.

There's no word yet on system-specific functionality for either version, though one would imagine GamePad usage would be ideal for the swipe-based gameplay.

Are you looking forward to Angry Birds Trilogy on Wii and Wii U? Would you rather play the more inexpensive mobile editions? Let us know in the comments section.

[via webpronews.com]

Related Games

F4LLEND4RK

F4LLEND4RK said:

If this is going to have a 45 pound price tag then I doubt anyone would buy it, I'm afraid.

Kifa

Kifa said:

I don't have Angry Birds installed on my cell phone. I don't have Angry Birds installed on my tabled. I don't have the 3DS edition nor for PC in any form.

And I will certainly NOT buy this for neither my Wii nor WiiU. Gosh, what is so appealing in this pointless and primitive title that EVERYONE on the planet seem to be loving it?! Just... What?!

Zyph

Zyph said:

Why should they always be retail? This should be released as eShop titles with price tags less than 10 bucks.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Don't like Angry Birds anyway, but I wouldn't pay more than £15 for this if I did, and that's being generous.
Also, the creator is a prat.

NMH-TRI

NMH-TRI said:

Should have done eShop. This thing won't sell crazy enough to warrant physical production and store shelving (I could be wrong...). $10 on eShop and I would MAYYYYYYYYBE think about it...

Volmun

Volmun said:

graaaate... what hapend to his previous statment about Nintendo? "Nintendo only sells $40 lumps of plastic" or something... I too am one of the 3... wait a second... I see more than 3!

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

'If by chance you're one of the three people that hasn't yet played Rovio's mega-popular Angry Birds series'

Hello. No, I'm still not interested.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I can get these games free on an Android device if I REALLY wanted them, no thanks... Anything above £5 would be extremely overpriced.

PorllM

PorllM said:

Better be on eshop...definitely not the sort of game you want to be changing discs for

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

really this hurts consoles, an uninformed person sees that they are trying to charge 60 bucks for something that can be found for free on a cell phone and they'll think consoles are ripp offs

Toodles

Toodles said:

As odd as this release seems in concept there must be an audience for it. Given that the 3DS, 360, and PS3 version of this have been out of for a while now, I doubt they'd be bothering releasing it on more platforms now if those versions weren't selling.

SaintGiggles

SaintGiggles said:

Just a glorified mud-slinging application... physics are top-notch, but after hearing the bloody birds vocalize... disturbing.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Angry Birds is a great cellphone distraction. Why anyone would get it for a console is beyond me, though.

Contrite

Contrite said:

Definitively not looking forward to that, as in, I don't care whatsoever. I've tried Angry Birds on my Galaxy briefly, and it was eye-clawingly boring. I'd much rather have a port of Punch Quest, let the birds be angry somewhere else.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Kifa well, it's a bit like boom blox, only that I for one found boom blox to be much more fun, varied and original. Still, should the price be right for retail -which I doubt- and there's multiplayer of some sort, I may get it for Wii U.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

Well since im also one of the 3 people that haven't played angry birds, i might check it out if it cost around 20 or 40 bucks cause 60$ for a collection of android games is a little ridiculous.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I remember being first introduced to Angry Birds. The parents of a child my family used to babysit got an Ipad. They didn't know jack about video games (I taught the kid how to play Smash, though :D). But the whole family went crazy on Angry Birds.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

@Jamouse: Well, that makes two of us then!

But seriously, this is just insane. These stupid birds are invading EVERYTHING. Even Mario's merchandising isn't that bad.

b23cdq

b23cdq said:

I might actually pick this up. Haven't played it since 2010, but I remember it was quite fun. Price gotta be right, though.

Also, that makes 11 titles published by ActiVision for Wii U.

JQuest

JQuest said:

I wonder if this counts as shovelware? I mean, it's three of the oldest of the Angry Birds games, so I'm sure the vast majority of people have played it already (unless they added new content). I'm with everybody in here that said it should be a cheap, e-shop title. Any more than 5-10 bucks, it's highway robbery.

Just to play devil's advocate, it could be an okay at best, quick off-tv play diversion when you don't want to play anything of substance.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Still don't understand why anyone would pay money for these games. I own all three free on my phone and I almost never play them.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

if it is over $10, I probably will not buy, definitely won't buy if it is over $20 because you can play angry birds for free as it is now.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'd love for this to be on Nintendo's various download services at a decent price. Even $5 would be nice. This is just insane though.

b23cdq

b23cdq said:

@Chabbox No, I'm serious. It's quite fun, and requires you to think. But as I said, price has to be right. Will probably wait for a serious price drop.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

I thought Peter Vesterbacka had a policy against $49 pieces of plastic. Money > integrity, I guess.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

I've played it a bit on Facebook and it's pretty good fun. I wanted the 3DS version but I'm waiting for a price drop... $40 for a $2 mobile game is absurd. I do want to see the Wii U version though, preferably as a digital download.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

For Wii is an surprise. And i hope the Wii U version uses the wiimote to play too.

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

I got it free on android, never play it. Got it for $1 on steam, still haven't installed it. So yea, won't be buying it for $10-15 on Wii-U.

Vallu

Vallu said:

40 hours more gameplay? Gameplay? The gameplay in this game is pain. So 40 hours more pain...

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

I do not understand the hate for Angry Birds. I'm not a huge fan, but for brief periods of time it can be fun. I only paid for the first one though, the others I've picked up when they went free on iOS. I'm not sure how buying it on a console could be considered to be a good value since Rovio seems to release around 15 new levels for their games every month for free. I doubt that carries over to consoles.