Nintendo Download: 10th November 2011 (North America)

Posted by James Newton

Your digital delectable delights are in

The headline act of this week's Nintendo Download comes from Nintendo itself, with a spot of 3DS downloadable software from the Big N. There's also some healthy stuff on WiiWare and a spot of puzzle and strategy on DSiWare. Let's meet the contestants, shall we?

3DS Download Software

Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (Nintendo, $6.99) — Formerly known as Picture Lives!, this is a bit of an oddity: you create a life form and send it off to explore the world. You can share your creations via QR code too, if you want to show off your oddball ideas too. We'll have a full review in the near future.

DSiWare

Castle Conqueror — Heroes (CIRCLE Entertainment, 500pts) — The third in the Castle Conqueror line, this has a slightly more futuristic vibe than past releases. Check back with us soon for our verdict.

Bloons TD (Digital Goldfish, 500pts) — Your second dose of Bloons on DSiWare after the mediocre Bloons, we'll see if this can improve on its predecessors.

WiiWare

Step Up! (GolemLabs & Zoozen, 800pts) — Nothing to do with popular street dance movie series Step Up, this is a step aerobic game designed in conjunction with the prestigious Laval University. We'll see if it's hot to trot or a toe-tal disaster soon.

Nintendo Video

The Legend of Zelda Ballad of the Goddess — Actually available since Tuesday, this theme song was performed by a full orchestra and forms part of the CD included with the initial production runs of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Anything for you this week?

Related Games

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

might get freaky forms....not sure yet. all depends if i can get a Visa gift card today or not.

robohobo93

robohobo93 said:

I'll stick with Drawn to Life, though QR Code sharing sounds nice. Next time I get anything from the eShop though, it'll be SML 2 and Double Dragon.

Hoping the Ambassador games aren't released literally at the end of the year (December 31, 11:59 PM). I bought WarioWare Touched to tide me over, but it just made me want the original even more!

Link79

Link79 said:

They couldn't even give us one Gameboy game?
This is already getting as bad as the Wii VC. :(

Birdman

Birdman said:

Interested in all 3 eShop downloads, but I'll be waiting for the reviews for all three of them before I purchase anything.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

I was hoping for a vc game too besides Freakyforms since Europe gets Side Pocket as well as Freakyforms, though NA already has Side Pocket (I think) hopefully NA gets a good vc game next week like Metroid II.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I'm hoping with the November update and eShop revamp, Nintendo starts releasing more GB games and original 3DS content like Freakyforms.

Skotski

Skotski said:

@MrDanger88
Your feces must look pretty good if you consider this to be crap.
Trust me, it could have been far worse. This isn't even near feces level, much less disgusting feces.

Dodger

Dodger said:

@Skotski After lurking this site for a while, I think that any download which doesn't have 3 Wii VC games (all of which are Zelda and/or Mario), a new BitTrip game, a new Shantae game and 10 free games is made of feces. Come on! I would wait for a review but FreakyForms looks like it might be cool.

I probably will save my money for Skyward Sword and MK7 though.

sfogation

sfogation said:

might get freakyforms but i dont know because my wallet is being hurt alot with all this 3ds games releases

47drift

47drift said:

I hate all you nay-sayers. Just because every game to be in the virtual console library ever didn't come out doesn't mean it's a bad week. I've heard nothing but good things about FreakyForms. Why don't you guys give new things a shot before badmouthing literally everything?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I second @Dodger and @47drift. Seems like people come here simply to complain. Not some newfangled reaction on the internet, I realize, but for some reason it still rankles me sometimes. That's right, I said rankles. CAN'T WAIT FOR FREAKYFORMS.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

got freaky forms its cool ive only scratched the surface.its fun to play love getting games made from scratch for 3ds.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Many people just can't afford to throw money away on things that they might like just because other people like them.

SuperSpank

SuperSpank said:

Oh come on you citizens of the new world complain about getting a few mediocore and one good game. But we, citizens of the old world only complain if we get 1 bad game.(only gb golf a few weeks back.) come on.

sc100

sc100 said:

Freakyforms looks like it could be really cool but I'll wait for the review first.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Is nobody else looking forward to Castle Conquerors? :-O The previous ones were both lots of fun!

LordTendoboy

LordTendoboy said:

No Virtual Console game? For Wii or 3DS?

Lame Nintendo. Aside from Freaky Forms, this week is horrible.

Rm88

Rm88 said:

Okay, we get a new IP from Nintendo this week that is apparently a very fun and creative game, and people are saying this week sucks.

New IP.

By Nintendo.

This week sucks. Wow.

Samholy

Samholy said:

freakyforms looks...odd. in a good way.

i cant see if it got lots of content or if its a matter of 2 or 3 hours before its done.
anyway its cheap, its for 3ds, so i might get it.

Otty_Ott

Otty_Ott said:

Bloons TD has gotten great reviews on other platforms like iOS and PSP Minis...

FreakyForms is a new 3D game from Nintendo..

Castle Conqueror games have always been good...

How can people call this a bad week? Well, bad for Wii, but not bad at all for DS and 3DS!

LordTendoboy

LordTendoboy said:

Freaky Forms gets old quickly. I made 2 creatures and just wandered around a lifeless environment. That's all you do in this game.

Neko_Rukiafan

Neko_Rukiafan said:

I just wish I could buy a 3DS so awful weeks on the Wii Shop wouldn't affect me, but alas I'm dirt poor atm. :(
Freakyforms does look awesome!

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Did someone download the new Castle Conqueror? I want to know if get this or some other title.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Link79: How is not having a 3DS VC game as bad as the Wii VC? This it the first week that they really havent had a 3DS VC when it becomes a month or longer with no 3DS VC game than it will be as bad as the Wii VC.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

If only FreakyForms was $5 then 10$ in my eShop would do it. But nooo I have to spend double. Why can't Nintendo be more like Sony with the shops?

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

FreakyForms looks utterly bizarre. And I normally like bizarre games, but this thing reaches the point of frightfulness. Imma count on you folk to let me know how it is.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

once youve made 5 formees the planet gets bigger each time with 5 more.you get ones with wheels wings etc.and more quests its you collect scenery as you go which you can customise.so the whole scenery can look how you want it.its quite deep really.having fun

robohobo93

robohobo93 said:

I take it back- Freakyforms seems a lot better than I thought it would be. The trailer was pretty cool. I'll still wait for a review though, just to be safe.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Thanks for the heads-up on Freakyforms @tendoboy1984, I was going to download it but I think that I will just wait for more impressions and the review. Well, I guess now is a good time for me to download Super Adventure Island II on the VC.

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

i recommend freaky forms. if you like spore you'll enjoy this game. its creation tools are rather limited but working within the confines of this wierd french overtoned game is addictive.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I'm going to sound like a moron for saying this, but the Nintendo Zelda symphony Videos are not dowbloadable. I kept looking for them in the eShop since NL announced them last week, but they were for viewing on the Nintendo Video app only, with no options to save them permanently. (But the jokes on Nintendo because I connected a double-ended phono cable from my 3DS to the line in jack on my digital media player --no, it's not an iPod-- to record the live audio from the Zelda Melody performance, in lossless royalty-free FLAC format, exclusively for my own personal use). If I see an item on the "Nintendo Downloads" update, that implies I can download and save it to my system menu, which is not necessarily the case. Please be more specific next time! :(

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

From daznsaz's impressions it sounds like you didn't bother to play it too long @Tendoboy. I guess who's gonna like the game really varies though since it seems incredibly strange.
I'm waiting for a review but I might cave.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Nothing for me. May check out Freakyforms some day, being a Nintendo IP. And a week with (again) no Wii VC OR 3DS VC (Classic Games, or whatever they're calling it) is "epic fail" as the kids today say. I was hoping holiday time would see at least a temporary return of Wii VC. Starting to wonder now. If not for Japan still getting Wii VC, I'd wonder if they've ceased it on the Wii altogether.

slidecage

slidecage said:

Castle Conqueror — Heroes GLAD this game doesnt require touch screen.. WEnt up to download today and lost my pen somewhere :(

Ramses

Ramses said:

Might check out Freakyforms, but the price is very high, especially because I want Kirby's Adventure 3D when it's out.

LordAndrew

LordAndrew said:

@StarDust Well, it is under a heading a heading marked "Nintendo Video". Nintendo Video is Nintendo Video, it never referred to videos offered on the eShop.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to record some music from the radio. I can't believe no one's thought of this before!

thereefernander

thereefernander said:

Bought a $20 eshop card a while ago and only got Inchworms studio waiting for flipnote memo... And also waiting for more 3D games and apps. Might have to check out freaky forms but for $7.00 I can wait after the review

Ramses

Ramses said:

IGN gave freakyforms a 6, gonna pass on that one... Nintendo better release something good next week...

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Wow, another craptastic week.

Seriously Nintendo, we are closing in on the holiday system. Stop putting shovelware or nothing in the case of VC on your services.

lalalalalalal

lalalalalalal said:

I..I bought Freaky Forms....and I'm proud to say it is a decent game. It's like an animal crossing...but side scrolling..

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Nintendo fooled me today. I waited all day for them to send me the weekly news expecting them to announce the 3ds bundles for the USA, but instead I get an email about this game. SUCH A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I guess I'll have to wait until next week or a rumor to find out which ones we get. :(

Noire

Noire said:

OMFG Nintendo! I think I speak for all Nintendo fans when I say stop giving us new stuff AND START BACK WITH THE OLD GAMES AND REMAKES OF OLD GAMES WITH NO NEW CONTENT! That's what we all want! Knucklelickers.

I-U

I-U said:

Freakyforms is one of the better experiences I've gotten out of the 3DS to date. It's like a create-your-own scrolling Chibi-Robo-esque experience. Would give the game a solid 8 right now, with the potential to rise to a 9 as my planet becomes more expanded.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

What a shock, another garbage week of Nintendo downloads. Really can't wait to see what tremendous stuff they'll have lined up for Wii U...

It's really pathetic seeing what Nintendo has become.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

@73 yea the 3d is used its ok.theres a few different comparisons given for this game.hard to put finger on it.it could be getting on for unique

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

No 3DS Virtual Console title today? I was getting used to them. And I'm probably the only guy in the world who downloads every single one of them! (retro game fanatic here.) :) So I was sad today to see now VC game released for the 3DS. When's the next one coming out? I thought we were getting Bionic Commando or something?

Ducutzu

Ducutzu said:

I bought Freakyforms and it is very nice. If you love to tinker with your Miis in the Mii Maker application, then you will love Freakyforms.

Orichalcum-420

Orichalcum-420 said:

Wiiware needs no more workout games, no more aquarium games, and no more 'find the hidden object' games. The sooner Nintendo realizes this, the better.
That said, still waiting patiently for ANY kind of worthwhile VC update. NES Maniac Mansion please?!?

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

Really liked the VC games that came out this week. Now I get to play both versions of the exciting game absolutely nothing. Best week ever NOA. Can't get much better than this.

Tate24

Tate24 said:

just bought freakyforms and its a joy to play!

plus for 5.40 it uses more features then sum of full price retail games!!