Club Nintendo patrons in North America who were saving up their coins for some tangible Nintendo memorabilia will apparently have to wait a while before doing so as the program undergoes a system update.
Visitors to the Club Nintendo rewards page will be met with the following message:
Orders for physical rewards are currently closed while we update our systems. But there's good news: We'll be accepting orders again starting May 13. We've also got great digital games that you can download instantly, so check 'em out.
More than the usual quartet of monthly downloads are currently available, likely to make up for the lack of other selections. The lineup consists of:
- Trajectile — 200 coins (3DS eShop)
- Super Mario World — 200 coins (Wii U eShop)
- Art Academy: First Semester — 200 coins (3DS eShop)
- Mario Golf — 250 coins (Wii Shop)
- F-Zero X — 200 coins (Wii Shop)
- Balloon Fight — 200 coins (Wii U eShop)
- Aura-Aura Climber — 100 coins (3DS eShop)
- Kirby's Pinball Land — 150 coins (3DS eShop)
- Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! — 80 coins (Wii Shop)
Hopefully the inconvenience means some new physical rewards will become available once the selection is restored. At least one wanted item comes to mind.
Will you be picking up any of the current available downloads, or will you be banking on merchandise once it returns?