A Fresh Batch of Lovely Super Mario 3D World Screens is Ready

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

You want more, right?

It seems that, in the opinion of many, Nintendo's nailed a strong art-style and visual look for Super Mario 3D World, adopting the approach of 3DS predecessor Super Mario 3D Land while employing the more powerful hardware. Whenever new screens are released, we can't help but look.

Nintendo has now unveiled even more screens, which show some power-ups and levels not seen in previous batches. We know you like looking at them, and so do we, so they're below for your enjoyment. Don't forget that we've also uploaded footage of the first Captain Toad level, if you want to see more.

So, do these push your buttons?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

First I have seen where it is possible to die. (Hope they get rid of the dumb coins). Don't mind having to find secret exits (That at least give you another few levels ideally a full extra world) or finishing levels under a certain time.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I am going to have to play it prior to making any decision. (I really didn't like 3d land whereas most people did). I will have to play it in a shop though as I doubt they will do a demo. (Even a 2 min demo would be enough).

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

this just looks fun and great... i cant wait :D hope this will boost the sales of the wii.. so that more games will come also :D

:D

nasachi

nasachi said:

even just watching these screens makes me smile, reminds me of playing Mario Galaxy

playstation4? xboxone? sorry, (for me) it's about games and this is where Big N wipes the floor with Microsoft and Sony (poor exclusives)

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

I don't think I can resist this... Wii U purchase imminent! Job done Mario

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

NINTENDO. STOP. I GET IT. I WILL GIVE YOU MY MONEY I PROMISE. I WILL PAY FOR IT TWICE IF THATS WHAT YOU'D LIKE. BUT YOU CAN'T KEEP HYPING ME ANY FURTHER BECAUSE YOU WILL KILL ME FROM EXCITEMENT. NOW STAAAAAHP. (No, I kid, please continue. This is a good way to die)

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

Seriously, how did we EVER doubt this game? How on Earth did it go from "oh it's just another Mario title" to "HOLY FIRE FLOWERS IT'S ANOTHER MARIO TITLE" so fast?

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

These screenshots make me smile. The new enemies look very bizarre, but very cool. I'm already getting this on Day One, but this only increases the hype.

Those cloud enemies look like Foos who gotten all grown-up. Those spiky roller sharks put real-world Hammerhead sharks to shame. The giant metal clown looks like a cool boss. It all looks good to me.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I've never played a Mario game where you get to grow big so those are my favorite photos.

Giant cat Bullet Bill w/ the killer whale coloring (yes I know it's supposed to be a cat) is awesome. Reminds me of the first level in Sonic Adventure. (Well the first level after that opening fight, always hated that fight.)

hydeks

hydeks said:

This game looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait for November 22nd, but I guess Batman Arkham Origins and Sonic Lost World are great till then ;-)

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

wow stunning ! i pre-ordered from game.com ages sega ago the limited edition from game looks amazing with the keyring and outer slip cover with a cat-mario on the cover.

HaNks

HaNks said:

so good. why nintendo aren't doing a hardware bundle for this is beyond me.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

THIS. IS. ABSOLUTELY. BEAUTIFUL. AHHHH!!! Just imagine all this images in action with the awesome music and smooth movements and epic everything alkdjhslkdjhslkdjiuehde exactly 2 more weeks, guys!

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

I think my favorite levels are the water levels but the snow levels look really cool too. Can't wait for the 22nd.

BossBattles

BossBattles said:

If these visuals were on PS4/Xbone, hipster gamers would be blown away. Hypocrites.
Compare this to Knack..... LOL!!!!

Mizore

Mizore said:

Looks like a new boss revealed, a black, bat...thing...or whatever, lol.
I just know I'm gonna enjoy the train level. xD

EDIT: enlarges image Pffft, that ain't a bat! xD

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Now that is a bullet train!

Hyped as any of you, if more is possible, then more.

yvanjean

yvanjean said:

@Guitardude7 Agreed, I remember being so down on it. Even at E3, I was just starting to accept it as a OK game. But, now wow i'm hyped about this game.

I'm actually looking forward to Cat Mario as long as it's not over done... but with so many power up, how could it be.

yvanjean

yvanjean said:

@HaNks This game is a system seller, people pick up a $300 system just to buy this $60 game. Would you rather make $300 or $360 .... anyone that wants this game will pick up both. They should release a Wii Fit U Bundle that should be Nintendo priority.

Leu10antFalcon

Leu10antFalcon said:

The buzz is extremely strong on Super Mario 3D World. This is a definite MUST for Wii U owners and future buyers worldwide.

XxGame_LoverXx

XxGame_LoverXx said:

IF u got a WII U and you let this game pass you by I'll have to say that your crazy

Please be more considerate with your words next time. Some people may have found your description offensive -Lz

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

Amazing how I've gone from mehhh at E3 to can't wait to play this! Looks so much better than nsmbu

Conellossus

Conellossus said:

I'm still excited for this game, the new screens look amazing! But I lost most of my hype for this game recently. It is currently directed toward the release of Super Mario Bros. 3 on the 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console. :O

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Man, only two exact more weeks to go for me before this game will be played on my Wii U, I just have to decide if I want the retail or digital version.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Yay water levels. I was worried they would be gone considering the first couple of pictures they had didn't show underwater areas.

HyperSonicEXE

HyperSonicEXE said:

I'll say this - I know it's 3D Land's general structure, but this game is so much more colorful and vibrant, that it'll be a joy to play compared to 3DL.

ElDelEl

ElDelEl said:

I'm just speechless at this game's stunning reversal of perception since E3 — the past few weeks of reveals have finally shown us what next-gen Mario can be! I may finally cave in and get a WiiU for this game alone, it's just too pretty, and the apparent gameplay and aesthetic innovations seem Galaxy-like in both their scope and their effect on my imagination.

strongest_link

strongest_link said:

Man, these screens are spectacular. This game keeps looking better and better! Gotta finish Arkham Origins before Nov. 22...

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

NINTENDO.....PLEASE.....

I'm already getting this game. I have it preordered. I already gave you my money. NOW PLEASE STOP SHOWING SCREENSHOTS!!! It's making the hype worse!!!!!

10000mario

10000mario said:

Anyone else trying to stop looking at pictures/videos of this game? ITS HARD TO WAIT!!! :(

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@HyperSonicEXE My problems with 3D Land were not what it looked like. (Either technical problems or that I just don't like the whole concept.)

I like 3D Land much less than Galaxy / Mario 64 even Sunshine (Which I don't really like either).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@SockoMario Why does what it looks like determine whether it is the best ? (I think the best NSMB is the DS one (Excluding mod's for the Wii one) and it looks the worst. Even that is not as good as 3 or World.

element187

element187 said:

@Guitardude7 what's this "we" stuff :) ? Even at the E3 direct I knew the game would be amazing and I didn't need Nintendo to spoil the new gameplay mechanics to get hyped.... It's almost impossible for me not to look at the new screens and the videos they released (I have terrible self control), but I would have been more than contempt with purchasing the game solely based on the E3 video alone.

After how good the galaxy games were, EAD Tokyo should always have the benefit of the doubt, no matter what they show off.

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

@element187 Well to be honest, I was going to get it regardless. I was at least excited at the notion of being able to play as multiple characters and multi-player but I couldn't help but crave a little more.....WELL NINTENDO CERTAINLY DELIVERED ON THAT PART.

Agreed. They're just so diddly darn good.

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

Now, take a good look, ladies and gentlemen. This is how a Mario game should look in HD.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I hated the E3 trailer, even went as far as doubting this game. I'll admit, I feel pretty foolish about that now, this game seems like it will be absolutely fantastic. I don't have any more extra gaming money right now since I'm getting a PS4 at launch but this game and Donkey Kong are ones I know I'm going to have to play so hopefully I'll be able to get a Wii U and those two games by June (will get an NSMB bundle if they're still out there).

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

How come there isn't a poll for favourite screenshot outside of the Smash Bros. screens? I wanna vote for these; they're way better, anyway.

Spanjard

Spanjard said:

They have really outdone themselves this time with the design of the enemies. They above all really make me want to play this game!

And what's up with that big black shiny eyes dude. How cool is he!?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@SockoMario Don't see how you can make that assumption until you have played it all the way through. If you take something pretty mediocre (3D Land) make it look nicer and a few tweaks. No reason to assume it will be better than something that is about as good it gets in its genre (Galaxy). None of the video's I have seen have even had anybody playing it properly.

tom_q

tom_q said:

I am surprised that I am way more excited for this that I was for Animal Crossing, Pokemon X or GTA 5. I hope Nintendo can keep the momentum going between this and Mario Kart.

Gioku

Gioku said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! I NEEEEEEEEEED this game! Who says Mario never changes? everything in these screenshots are things never-before-seen in a Mario game... or else they're old things, done in a new way! Which is just as good!

I need to convince the people who give me presents that this is so worth it... that this is the one thing I want more than anything else...

...what I wouldn't give to be playing this on Christmas morning with my little sister on my brand-new Wii U...

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@unrandomsam Well good news for ya buddy, I was in the same boat. Not really too big a fan of 3D Land like a lot of people are (I mean, I liked it, but it's not my favorite 3D Mario game), but when I got a chance to play all the available stages of the E3 demo with my cousins and friend (4 player), I really found the game special. I really really REALLY look forward to playing it again. I mean, it's best to always try it out for yourself, but I'm sure you'll probably enjoy it as much as I did. Game on!

Geno92

Geno92 said:

From the very first E3 trailer I was sold on this game. From that first moment when mario's face popped up on that black screen, I was sold.

This kind of hype is good, especially for nintendo.

SockoMario

SockoMario said:

@unrandomsam I thought 3D Land was excellent! However, it was very easy and short, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a fun game. 3D Land is probably the most fun Mario game I've ever played. I got it in 2011, and I'm still playing it. Also this game is more than just a "few tweaks", this game has more new in it than SMG2, NSMB2, and NSMBU (I can tell). "None of the video's I have seen have even had anybody playing it properly." That's their problem, not mine. "No reason to assume it will be better than something that is about as good it gets in its genre (Galaxy)" My opinion, deal with it.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

I have not been this excited for a Mario game since Super Mario World was first released!

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

This looks amazing! It's funny, cause when everybodies playing 'this' I'll be playing NSMB. U :P I'm a year late tee hee. But at least I have a nice chunk of great games to choose from! So my impressions of the Wii U will be a lot more positive than early adopters.lol

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Ahh this looks so great. If marketed right, this would really sell a lot this Christmas all around the world.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Datasun_7
NIce! This is the exact same situation i was in with the Wii, ended up getting it a year late(2nd favorite console of all time tied with the SNES, with the 'NES' taking the number 1 spot) which is so unlike me, but eh.... better semi-late than never as they say.lol Going to play NintendoLand & ZombiU with it as well, just to get that 'launch' feel. :P