Club Nintendo Rewards Updated for September

Posted by Andy Green

Take to the skies and march with the minis

It's that time of the month when Nintendo offers up some tasty rewards for North American Club Nintendo members to enjoy. This year really is flying by isn't it?

Two Wii Shop and two 3DS eShop games will be available to download in exchange for your hard earned coins and of course Wii U owners can access the Wii content through the Wii Mode.

September's offerings include a NES title and a SNES classic from the Wii Virtual Console, while there are also a couple of DSiWare offerings available as well, which need to be downloaded through the 3DS eShop. Take a look at what's on offer below:

Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II - 150 coins
PilotWings - 150 coins
Art Academy - First Semester - 150 coins
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! - 150 coins

You have until 6th October to spend your coins on any of the above titles. Do any of them appeal to you? Let us know which one you'll be downloading first in the comment section and poll below.

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (239 votes)

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics 2

17%

Pilotwings

10%

Art Academy: First Semester

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

16%

Nothing for me this time

51%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

Nestalgic

Nestalgic said:

Hello repeats!

Well if any of you don't have MvDK yet, that's a must grab. Otherwise boring as usual.

Blast

Blast said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the coin prices are too much for one game and they should not cost over 70 Coins.

thesilverbrick

thesilverbrick said:

@Warruz Definitely. I understand that some of them aren't on the Wii U's VC yet, but there's no excuse why Pilotwings couldn't be available as a Wii U download. I mean, they're offered at the same price, for crying out loud.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Ah, the internet is such a wonderful place.

Yes, many of the games have been offered before. Yes, maybe you already own the ones that interest you most. But this is a solid selection of software being essentially given away to fans. It's a shame that all people can manage to post are complaints.

Well, I grabbed Zoda's Revenge and am pretty stoked to finally play this sequel to a nostalgia-filled NES classic. Also considering grabbing Mario vs DK for my nephew, as that game is really cool and has a great level design tool built in that allows you to create and share content.

b23cdq

b23cdq said:

I voted nothing because I don't have access to the service. And no, I won't shut up about this issue until Nintendo does something about it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Star Tropics 2 is quite good. I have it on my PAL wii (60hz). Probably get it on 3ds again. I like it more than most of the more famous NES games.

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

o wow sad month . only mini march again worth picking and i bought it last week rofl.

Gregor

Gregor said:

Just downloaded Star Tropics 2 and played a little of it. For an NES title its seem like a really fun and interesting dungeon crawler RPG.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I should of got Mario Golf last month! Oh well, yeah nothing for me this month. Pilotwings is tempting, but I don't really want Wii versions of the games, since I have a Wii U and no classic controller.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I've always wanted to try a Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game, so maybe I'll give this one a go. (The new one doesn't interest me at all, however.)

I'm sort of interested in Art Academy too, but I think I'd rather play a Wii U version if anything, so I think I'll wait.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I'm going to pick up star tropics 2 when I get home from work. While I do wish they would more frequently offer new rewards rather then rehash old ones there always seems to be at least one game that is on my list that I haven't gotten around to picking up.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I guess they will get an extra buck out of me to download the Wii U versino of Pilot Wings if I get it.

TenEighty

TenEighty said:

I already have Pilotwings. Would like StarTropics but don't have enough coins right now.

Windy

Windy said:

was hoping to spend some points today. I'm glad I got Mario Golf at the last minute last night

GeniusDan

GeniusDan said:

If you spend coins on Pilotwings for the Wii, is the Wii U version discounted as if you bought the Wii version?

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Anybody else crossed their fingers for 3DS Virtual Console Punch-Out? Minis March is good enough... it's a shame that they are so expensive. I never have enough coins for the Game & Watch Ball by the end of the Club Nintendo Year.

Burn

Burn said:

I'm pretty sure I'll just get Pilot Wings and re-purchase it from the Wii U eShop for $1.50

RR529

RR529 said:

Nothing for me this month, but there's no reason to complain about free stuff, so oh well.

@GreatPlayer, Nintendo doesn't even have the slightest obligation to offer free games to anyone, or even have a "Club Nintendo" at all. They do this as a complimentary service for their fans. If you're not interested in a month's particular offerings, that's completely fine, but don't act like Nintendo owes you something more.

Mariomast3r

Mariomast3r said:

How many times are they gonna try and cram donkey kong vs mario down our throats? give us some new stuff to buy with our coins and some eshop titles for wiiU and 3ds, honestly who downloads titles on their wii anymore?????

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I'll snag Star Tropics. Planned on waiting to purchase this and original when they arrived on Wii U (someday) to save cash, but I'll take virtually free! I've got the rest except for Art Academy.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

I might get Star Tropics II. The first one was really good and I didn't even know there was a sequel. I wish that there were some Wii U VC games available for Club Nintendo rewards.

3DSAllDay

3DSAllDay said:

I am so glad that the physical reward page for NA was never updated!!!!
Good Job!!! A++!!! 10/10!!!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Better month! I'll get the cartridge version of star tropics and pick up the sequel on offer here. I'll probably go for Pilotwings first.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I wanted Radar Mission (I dinna get it the first time) so I'll keep on waiting.

1337man1233

1337man1233 said:

has anyone here played zodas revenge if so does it get better later cause i got it and hate it and want to know wether i should continue playing because it

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

@GeniusDan Yes it is discounted. I picked it up today and then upgraded. A lot of people complain but I'll take a game I've never played before for $1.50.

fairybats

fairybats said:

If it were Pilotwings 64, I'd be all over it... as it is, my coins will be waiting awhile longer to be spent

simonhwsn

simonhwsn said:

I think I'll get Mario vs. Donkey Kong, I bought minis on the move last week so this completes my collection XD here's a silly question: do you think there's any chances we'll ever see pushmo as a reward?

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I don't understand their "pricing" here. A $5 NES game costs as many coins as $8 games? Ah well. Nothing for me this month. Hopefully they put up some interesting WiiWare games next time, maybe Bonsai Barber or Eco Shooter. I wonder when they're going to start putting Wii U eshop games up...

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@ejamer
Most of the people that have the coins earned some of them buying these games. It's not a bad selection but isn't really a reward as every month it's games that most have already or good games they have and one stinker. People should complain. Club rewards are offered as incentive to purchase Nintendo products, it's not complaining about a gift at all.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@RawkHawk013 It is business strategies. E.G. Enticing you to buy Luigi U for double coins. Therefore, people EARN their coins. I like people keep saying N gives goodies for free, when it is clearly a business move.?

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@RawkHawk013 if N is giving goodies for free then they should set up an ambassador programme for early adopters or just giving every wii u owners some free games. THIS is what FREE is meant.

I think some people imagine a personal relationship with N when the relation is clearly transactional, i.e., you give me money i give you a game, or you buy enough games from me and i award you a 'bonus' game like Yoshi puzzle.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

Wow this took like all my coins. Got Art Academy because I have been interested for awhile. Also got it for my wife. Then got MvDK as I love that series but forgot to get it before when it was on CN. Now thinking about getting Star Tropics 2 after seeing what people think of the Star Tropics series.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

@GreatPlayer
If they didn't provide free coins when you got stuff then you wouldn't be getting these games which are free, the coins didn't cost you anything. It is like when Wendy's throws in a free frosty when you buy a Large Meal, the frosty is free even if you had to buy the meal. (just an example not an actual promotion at Wendy's sadly)

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@DefHalan yes, and when people say N does not HAVE to give us anything, they have overlooked the fact that people EARNED their coins by buying N products. SO strictly speaking you earned them and you are entitled to these awards. N never gives us things for nothing.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

My point is that people has the right to opine on N products because they are the customers, and N never give us things for free - a transactional relationship.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I'll get Pilotwings for the discount on wii u. I'm interested in trying Art Acadamy. Startropics also to a lesser extent.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

@GreatPlayer You're treating the virtual coin system like an actual currency.

You work to buy video games, buying the video games is not the work.

So there's no "earning" with the virtual coins.

What you're trying to say is that Nintendo should have better awards if they're gonna set up the coin system in the first place. It's only the logical thing to do. Tis what thou sayest? Correctomundo-est?

lmac99

lmac99 said:

@GreatPlayer You are entitled to absolutley nothing after you buy the game. You get the game and that's what you paid for. Anything else given is complimentary. Which is why there's no rewards program like this for Sony or Microsoft.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@lmac99 When does Nintendo promote double coins if purchasing Luigi U before a certain date? Am i entitled to the coins?

N will definitely earn big money with customers like imac, who does not care what the big N does to them with their hardearned coins.

lmac99

lmac99 said:

@GreatPlayer My coins are not hard earned. I enter a code that is in the box, which would be worth just as much if the code wasn't in there. I'm gonna buy what games I want and spend coins when a game I like comes out and if one doesn't I'll move on and play the game I bought with my money. Which IS hard earned.

Furealz

Furealz said:

I take time writing SERIOUS reviews for Club Nintendo and I write PARAGRAPHS of information to them about what I enjoyed from each game I download. Don't you think it might be nice they out another N64 or Wii U VC game on here for once? I in fact, don't just enter a damn code.

allav866

allav866 said:

Would Pilotwings be worth it to get a discount on the Wii U eShop?
Also, I already have New Art Academy/Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! Does First Semester offer anything different?

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@GreatPlayer

Well, that joke/insult was neither very funny or insulting, since on my Profile Page, I wrote down 'Nintendo Fan Boy Since '08'. Back to the drawing board...?

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@allav866, only if you want the lessons. The 3DS version is better in every way, so don't bother wasting your coins on an inferior version.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@WinterWarm lol... A joke that is not funny, by definition, is not a joke; an insult that is not insulting, by definition, is not an insult.

Bottom line: I do not know what you are talking.

allav866

allav866 said:

@Donjwolf Well, I guess I should've guessed on that one.
What about Pilotwings? I've enjoyed 64 and Resort, but never played the SNES game. Is it any good?

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Could one play Zoda's Revenge without having beaten the first StarTropics? I've played it, yes, but haven't beaten it.

RADencker

RADencker said:

Is it me or didn't they already have Pilotwings as a reward awhile back? I just upgraded my download to the Wii U version and I know I wouldn't have spent $$$ on that title from WiiShop. Coins yes, but not $$$

AtelierFan

AtelierFan said:

I'm new to the rewards thing. I have to say, I have been thinking of getting Pilot Wings.

ejamer

ejamer said:

I feel bad for people who change their buying habits because they want Club Nintendo (virtual) coins so badly, rather than just wanting to play the games they purchase. But not so bad that I can't laugh at them later when the rewards offered don't live up to their precious expectations.

If you bet that some silly virtual currency is going to bring you back big rewards and then end up disappointed in what is offered, that is your failure in judgement.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

i share people's feeling when they think that the big N will give people good things, but later find that the 'free' things are mostly unwanted games... The big N may be just like any other big cooperations...

Eisenbolan

Eisenbolan said:

Sorry but these rewards are awful compared to the time and effort to fill in their surveys. They should offer at least 5 games (old 2010 DSIware games) at 150 coins would be nice.

We are SPENDING money on the games and SPENDING time logging into club nintendo to fill out their surveys. Surveys they benefit from.

So yeah I expect a lot more and better games. It should also be 20 coins a survey not 10 or 5 at times. Time and effort equals money. Ten minutes of my time is worth more then 10 cents.

So these games are NOT free as some of you Nintendo apologists believe.

Eisenbolan

Eisenbolan said:

Its GREED on Nintendo's part. They clearly see value in these surveys or they wouldn't have them. When doing a survey we are essentially helping Nintendo make more money. So yeah 10 coins is too little compared to what they get in return. I do have a right to complain, its my time thats being used. @ejamer

Eisenbolan

Eisenbolan said:

@WinterWarm Its not rewards to payment for work we do for them. Also doing repeats is just insulting. If they must do repeats then do repeats but add two more games that have not appeared.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

People may be less inclined to complain if the rewards for NA were as good as those in other regions.

GrimSh

GrimSh said:

I do like the idea behind Club Nintendo very much... I just wish they'd bring these games to Wii U already...

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

All who want Wii U VC free games could get Pilotwings in Wii mode and then buy it for $1.50 in Wii U eshop.

Windy

Windy said:

@MonsterGamer13 I haven't played in a longtime. I put in about 30 hours then stopped. I don't have a wii-u so I can't play online e which really frustrates me

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

i wanted to exchange my coins for starfox '64 a few weeks but you need to pay $20 for the controller, and I did not. These two months the game collection for wii u are blah.. If customers do not voice out their opinion then Nintendo does not know their concern. In order to help Club Nintendo to improve we should always let Nintendo know our preference. Let's do Nintendo a favour.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Got MvsDK. A huge fan of the original/vs. DK series & hoping to get the newest one soon.

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@GreatPlayer

So basically, you just said your comment was essentially without purpose? And just for the sake of talking?

What I'm saying is that:

1. These are good games.

2. They're on a special sale.

3. Even if you're unsatisfied, at least be positive in the fact these games are new deals for many.

zbailey

zbailey said:

i don't get why Europe club Nintendo don't do this are's sucks just get stuff we don't won't

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Geeze, I got "Pilotwings" from Club Nintendo, (good game BTW) for only 100 coins last year. Why are they juicing the prices up on games on Club Nintendo?
I would've considered StarTropics 2, (loved the first one) but 150 coins is to much for a 5 dollar game in my opinion. The others are worth 8 dollars, and probably better buys, if you want one of them.