- Release Date
- 2nd Jul 2007, 500 points (USA)
- 25th May 2007, 500 points (UK/EU)
- 10th Aug 2007, 500 points (JPN)
- 28th Nov 2012, ¥500 (JPN)
- 11th Jul 2013, $4.99 (USA)
- 7th Aug 2013, £4.49/€4.99 (UK/EU)
Wii U eShop
- 16th May 2013, £4.49/€4.99 (UK/EU)
- 16th May 2013, $4.99 (USA)
- 19th Mar 2014, ¥500 (JPN)
- Mario Bros, Mario
- Controller Support
- Also Known As
- Super Mario USA (JPN)
About This Game
In this sequel to the best-selling video game of all time, take a unique journey to the dream world of Subcon to save its people from the foul frog tyrant, Wart.
Released in 1989, Super Mario Bros. 2 is a huge horizontally- and vertically-scrolling adventure that offers complete freedom to explore while collecting power-ups, uprooting vegetables to throw at enemies, and seeking out hidden ‘Sub-space’ rooms.
Super Mario Bros. 2 was the first Mario title to give players control of not only the heroic brothers but also Princess Toadstool (Peach) and Toad, and gave each character their own special skills. It also featured the first appearances of many Mario series regulars, including Shy Guy and Birdo!