Club Nintendo's June Rewards Bring Out More Retro Goodies

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Including one of the greatest platformers ever made

It's that time again, North America, when you're tempted to part with your hard-earned Nintendo coins in exchange for a free download game, and for Europeans to unite as one and say "why don't we get monthly game offers?" In any case, there are four new games to consider if you have a Wii U, Wii or 3DS to hand, with three retro delights and a fun DSiWare puzzle game thrown into the mix; these will all be available until 30th June.

Super Mario Bros. 3 — 150 coins
F-Zero X — 200 coins
Link 'n' Launch — 150 coins
Metroid II: Return of Samus — 150 coins

As always, head on over to the Club Nintendo page if you want to claim any of these rewards; let us know what you plan to pick up this time around in the poll and comments below.

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (255 votes)

Super Mario Bros. 3

24%

F-Zero X

19%

Link 'n' Launch

Metroid II: Return of Samus

Bah! I already have all of those games...

16%

Nothing for me this time

27%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

gekslupis

gekslupis said:

Finally something worth my coins. I have wanted to try a f-zero game for awhile and Super Mario bros 3 is just plain old fun.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Darn it, why can't Europe have cool rewards like this... Oh well, I did just get a Mario notebook, so I can't complain.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

getting Super Mario Bros. 3 so when it comes to Wii U I can get it for $1

beat

beat said:

nintendo deleted my club nintendo account because i live in a country called the "Philippines"... (sigh).... :(

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

dang I already have return of samus >.>

I wish they'd bring mario 3 to 3ds; it's not like it can't play nes games

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

Please somebody reply, I got a WiiU, If I use a Wii code in the WiiU's Wii channel will it work ?

tchaten

tchaten said:

So I have a question - if I redeem this on the Wii part of my Wii U - how do I transfer the game to the Wii U part of my Wii U when the Wii U version comes out?

I understand there is a process moving Wii to Wii U for VC - how does that work when I'm moving it to the same device, but different OS?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

tchaten

tchaten said:

@DefHalan How does that work - if I redeem on Wii part of Wii U how do I move it over when Wii U version is available?

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I already have SMB3 and F Zero on my Wii VC, and even then, it isn't worth it. Maybe if it was SMB3 for the 3DS, that's more of a game I'd like to take around with me.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

I just want to know what the platinum gift is this year. I want it to be something cool because I have spent tons of money on Nintendo games this last year haha.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I picked up:

Super Mario Bros 3
Link N Launch

Finally something to download on club nintendo. :) My coins have been collecting dust for a while on my club nintendo account. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Rapido

Rapido said:

Including one of the greatest platformers ever made??? Can't agree more. I'm getting hyped for this.

Eisenbolan

Eisenbolan said:

So for the 3DS points our choices are a black and white Metroid game that was the weakest of all the handheld games. Or a 3 year old puzzle game with mediocre ratings.

Double blah. I feel like I am wasting time doing surveys for 10 coins at a time.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I have half, and the other half I ain't interested in. I tried F-Zero GBA - I can't race worth crap on that series.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Think I will get SMB3 so that way when it comes to Wii U I will only have to pay a buck for it.

Also for a second I thought Link n Launch was a new Zelda game that I missed lol.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I prefer to spend my coins on something physical. I'm currently saving up for the Game and Watch collection 2.

delt75

delt75 said:

When will they start giving away Wii U downloads? I haven't turned my Wii on in a year.

SchamMan89

SchamMan89 said:

@UnseatingKDawg, the 3D F-Zero games are very different from the 2D ones. It's still a difficult series, but the fundamentals are very different, in my opinion.

F-Zero X (and its Gamecube successor) rely on boosting, which uses your health up each time. The courses are very three dimensional, too, with some tracks in the shape of anything from a half-pipe to a corkscrew.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I would say Super Mario Bros 3, but I only own a Wii Mini so that's not happening, so I'll get Metroid II for my 3DS, it's an awesome game and probably one of my favourite GB games.

@Wilford111 It's a puzzle style game, click on the link and you'll see what it is.

Pretty cool, if you go to download the Metroid II game, it has a review quote from NintendoLife! Doesn't that just make you happy? :)

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I already got Metroid II on my 3DS and I don't want the other game. I don't have a Wii/U either so nothing for me.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Everybody absolutely needs to download F-Zero X!!! It's amazing! I have the cart and I'm still taking this offer! Getting SMB3 more!

RR529

RR529 said:

I don't have enough coins for any of these right now, but I already have Super Mario Bros. 3 & Metroid II: the Return of Samus, so I'm good.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

@Retro_on_theGo Yes!! F-Zero X is one of my favorite all time games! Even if one dislikes the SNES/GBA entries, X is so different and everyone should give it a chance. Few games are more pure gameplay wise and I would kill for a new similar entry or a re-make with the 64DD add-on included... I liked the GC version also, but there's a magic something about X that just wasn't captured in GX.

Tonzog

Tonzog said:

For Fzero GX, can I use the wii u tablet and pro controller to play the game?

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I decided to get F-Zero X and even though I didn't like the GBA F-Zero I am finding this one to be quite fun so far.

RQuinain

RQuinain said:

I'll pass. Not really into VC games, and there's no room for anymore DSiWare games on my 3DS. I wish they would offer more 3DS Ware through Club Nintendo, especially because the capacity for DSiWare on the 3DS is so low, and the process of transferring between system memory and SD card is just a chore.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I already have all those games except Link n Launch, and F-Zero X (which I will be purchasing)

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I got Link n Launch, mainly because it was made by Intelligent Systems.. And it looks like a blast..

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

For a second, by looking at the picture on the screen, I thought we were finally getting Mario Bros. 3 on 3DS like Japan. Damn. Nothing for me because my account is dried out thanks to Mario RPG.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

What a great line-up! I don't have any of those, I wonder how much I'll get.

Wait, I'm less than a hundred coins from getting the game & watch, I could get the remaining coins if I finished the post-play surveys, arrghgh which one should it dooo...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

The only F Zero I have played is the Ambassador GBA one, and I did not like it. So anyone thinks I should get the one offered here? Thanks in advance.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@tchaten
You can't "move it over". Impossible. This is how it works. VC games on a Wii console can be moved over to the Wii environment OS on the Wii U, where they will stay forever. However, when the game comes out on Wii U VC, you simply get a discount if you so desire to purchase the Wii U version of the VC game. From what I've heard, the discount only appies if the game originated on a Wii console and was transferred over to the Wii U. No one has confirmed whether the discount will still apply if the game wasn't transferred. I'm curious to find out myself. Nintendo claims the eShop can "detect" whether you transferred the game from a Wii to your WiiU, though I wouldn't doubt if it simply detects the game's presence on the Wii environment OS on the Wii U. Only one way to find out!

1080ike

1080ike said:

Have Super Mario Bros 3 on VC, and F-Zero X on N64, so that basically just leaves Metroid

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

@sinalefa Even if you didn't like the GBA one you should definitely try this one. It's a million times better and more fun. Trust me, I'm a big F-zero fan and the GBA ambassador game isn't that great of an entry in the series. F-zero X however. well! TruenoGT summed it up nicely! Get it! :D

tchaten

tchaten said:

@JaxonH that is great news - so titles that are on the Wii partition will be discounted when bought for Wii U.

Curious to those that have gotten discounted titles - do the VC titles stay on the Wii and simply get added to the Wii U with that upgrade charge?

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

yeah same i would of got smb3 if it was on the 3DS since i have played it before that or on wii u =[

so nothing for me again low on coin too D=

FFL2and3rocks

FFL2and3rocks said:

@tchaten They expire on June 30th if you've had them for two years. So any coins you've received before June 30th 2011 will expire.
At Club Nintendo, click "Account & Coins" next to where your number of coins is displayed, and then "Coins & Status" to see if any of yours are expiring.

tchaten

tchaten said:

@FFL2and3rocks Oh good to know new to Nintendo - hit platinum pretty quick after getting a Wii U, 3DS XL and some game - now I'm saving up those codes until after the Club Nintendo Year ends :) - shame you can't store up coins for a decade

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Had to spend 800 coins before the end of this month so I got 1 game last month & 2 this month along with the shoelaces.

Lobster

Lobster said:

Sadly I don't have enough coins at the moment. I could redeem some more but I already have Platinum for the year and none of the surveys expires before July so I'm waiting until then to do them. So it looks like I'm sitting this round out, and such a nice round it was, too... -wistful-

Joygame51

Joygame51 said:

I'm waiting NOW that I actually got my 3DSXL WHOOOOO HOOOO !!! see if Kirby come's out (again) for my coins!!!