SteamWorld Dig is one of the most popular games on the 3DS eShop, and for good reason, so it's unsurprising that news of the HD iteration coming to Wii U was greeted with some delight. After previously outlining a release date on Twitter, Image & Form has now shared full details of the ever-closer HD release.
To start with, it is arriving on 28th August in North America, Europe and Australia, and will be priced at £6.99 / €8.99 / $9.99. As for what enhancements gamers can expect in comparison to the 3DS version, an announcement page outlines the following.
- HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
- Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
- Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Are you looking forward to SteamWorld Dig on Wii U? Will you be a first-time player or double-dipping?