SteamWorld Dig Wii U Release Date and Pricing Surface
Posted by Thomas Whitehead
We're digging that HD resolution
SteamWorld Dig is one of the most popular games on the 3DS eShop, and for good reason, so it's unsurprising that news of the HD iteration coming to Wii U was greeted with some delight. After previously outlining a release date on Twitter, Image & Form has now shared full details of the ever-closer HD release.
To start with, it is arriving on 28th August in North America, Europe and Australia, and will be priced at £6.99 / €8.99 / $9.99. As for what enhancements gamers can expect in comparison to the 3DS version, an announcement page outlines the following.
- HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
- Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
- Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Are you looking forward to SteamWorld Dig on Wii U? Will you be a first-time player or double-dipping?