Nintendo Ramps Up Its Merchandising Efforts With "World Of Nintendo" Toy Range

Posted by Damien McFerran

Coming to Australia this year

Nintendo has some of the most recognisable IP in the world of entertainment, and is clearly taking steps to leverage its library of characters with a new "World of Nintendo" range of toys and merchandise.

2014's big release Mario Kart 8 is getting a sizable push, with special track sets and cars hitting the market soon. In keeping with the antigravity theme of the game, you'll be able to purchase karts which drive on walls, no doubt employing the same suction-powered technology that was seen in Disney's Tron Legacy light cycles a few years back.

Outside of the racing world, Nintendo will be launching a range of figures and playsets which showcase famous faces from its key franchises, including Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin and Zelda.

You can check out many of these products in the gallery below. All of these items are confirmed for release in Australia, and will no doubt make it to other territories this year.

[via vooks.net]

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Yes the micro land as well! Nice :D Gonna buy that.

I just wish they added NFC to those figurines...they are sitting on a gold mine and they don't make use of it.

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

those r/c cars that can supposedly drive on the walls and the ceiling look awesome! i wonder how they do it and if they actually work. some kind of air suction to the wall maybe? ive never seen that before but it sounds really cool.

Gold

Gold said:

A Zelda and Kid Icarus play set? OMG. Fangirling right now.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

HMV has miles more of this type of junk than it does Wii U and 3DS games (It is good that they don't do used but they seem to do this sort of stuff more than anything actually worthwhile).

rjejr

rjejr said:

About time.

Now about that DK breakfast cereal, I want some marshmallow Mario, Luigi and Peach and a surprise in a Pokeball at the bottom.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

It better be a good Fox design to base the figure on. He's gone through so many different designs in his career, some of them good, some of them horrible.

Toodles

Toodles said:

I've seen a lot of the Mario sets and things at Toys R Us here in the US already. I'm pretty excited about this new line of toys. Looks a lot better than most of the previous stuff we've seen in recent years.

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Not enough Wario.
Never enough Wario.
There can never be too much Wario!

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I saw the micro land figs the other day. Kinda meh. But I'm open to some of the bigger ones if they're nicer.

MAB

MAB said:

Instead of making useless crap that nobody will buy how about spending more cash on getting some different games brewing ;)

Haywired

Haywired said:

Oh my God, do my eyes deceive me or are they finally making F-Zero figures? I'd long since given up hope. Even if it's just Falcon at least that's something.

2Sang

2Sang said:

YESYESYESYESYES! The past 48 hours have been the nintendo that we all know and love. Not some trash like the past 1.5 years. Hopefully they keep it up! This is a no-brainer and it's going to increase their profits, brand recognition, and customer satisfaction all in one.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@AyeHaley - NFC

It's crazy, Nintendo built NFC to the Wii U Gamepad - and you can't even call it new anymore it's been out over 1 1/2 years - and the only thing they've used it for is 5 tiny toys for DL only Pokemon Rumble U. Meanwhile Disney and Skylanders are rolling in $. Yet Nintendo is putting out all these toys and SSB, and the Wii U only has Pokemon Rumble U after Wii had Rumble, Pokepark, Pokepark 2 and Battle Revolution. E3 is supposed to have something, we'll see.

@3dcaleb - RC cars that drive on walls have been out for a few years. Heres a bunch on Amazon:

MAB

MAB said:

There has already been RC Mario Karts & plushies available for many years... They just sit in a bargain bin at your local game store because nobody cares about them ;)

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Bring it. Now make a Disney Infinity style game with Nintendo's magic game play and characters and I will be instantly broke but happy!

KLZ

KLZ said:

motherloving fox mccloud motherloving toy!!! Why didnt this happen when I was kid? I would have been the happiest kid ever.
Please do not use profanity here at Nintendo Life — TBD

Inkling

Inkling said:

Please come to the UK, with the Micro-Land toys and the anti-gravity kart.

Portista

Portista said:

Where are all the F-Zero fans?! Haven't you guys been waiting for at least some sign like this for ages?!?

HyperSonicEXE

HyperSonicEXE said:

So Cap confirmed for Smash?
And FINALLY a Starfox fig. Not crazy about it being the Smash version, but that's better than Adventures and Assault.

Sobtanian

Sobtanian said:

"Are you planning to get your hands on any of these toys? Let us know with a comment."

EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. ONE. OF. THEM.

Because I'm a sucker for stuff like this, and I'm a sucker for Nintendo o/

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Captain Falcon toy?! Why hasn't the universe exploded from its awesome manliness?!

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

I think Id really pick up that bob-omb if I saw that at the store, maybe the goomba too as theyd go with my chain chomp plush.

Austroid

Austroid said:

Oh em gee... its finally happening! Figures of all the Nintendo characters we know and love!

Definitely can't wait! :D

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Toys of F-Zero and an article about the side characters of F-Zero in one day...? Nintendo Life, I know that your staff are developing the games for Nintendo! I bet my LoZOoT $50 Replica Master Sword on it!

Crimzonlogic

Crimzonlogic said:

Will this be updated when they are confirmed for North America?
I need more Kid Icarus stuff. I wanted to buy one of the Figma Pit action figures, but those are so expensive! Hopefully the newer stuff won't cost $50+

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Nintendo doing mechanizing? Will wonders never cease. Shops used to be filled with Nintendo products but now you hardly see anything. This could be one reason why Nintendo has left the cultural impact that it used to have.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

Letmesee; Mario, Samus, Link, Mega-man, Pit., and I broke down and got nendoroid Sonic (who kinda works). My articulated Smash cast is coming along nicely. Now I need to build an arena.