8th Wonder of the World
Since the Super NES every Nintendo system — apart from the Game Boy Color and the doomed Virtual Boy — has been boosted by an entry in the iconic Mario Kart series. Despite its drastic evolution throughout the generations of hardware it nevertheless feels familiar each time around, while other entries in the kart racing...
About The Game
Turn Your Racing Experience Upside Down!
For the first time in HD, Nintendo's Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console, introducing new racing circuit designs and antigravity karts that will have players driving upside down. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favourite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater racing and motorbikes.
- The new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach's Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear.
- Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.
- Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return.
- Fan-favourites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.