With 2015 still only just picking up steam, the first Nintendo Direct broadcasts of the year ensured that the big N kicked off a vital 12 months with some style. It delivered some of its longer broadcasts in recent memory, with notable variations between regions, and as a whole kept momentum strong with a hefty list of reveals, announcements and details.
As was our gut instinct at the time, reinforced in the lists below, it was the 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS that enjoyed the lion's share of airtime. That's unsurprising in light of the fact that the New hardware lands on 13th February in the West, bringing a tough wait to an end. There was controversy with Nintendo of America only confirming the XL variation - no smaller devices will come to the region at launch - while scrabbling over the Majora's Mask 3D system is already prompting sold out pre-orders in the US. Carnage will ensue in that region, in particular.
Beyond the raging debate around the New Nintendo 3DS models in North America, meanwhile, there were plenty of other reveals to enjoy. There are two free-to-play projects on the way, actual cross-buy between Wii U and 3DS with an upcoming release and much, much more. So much, in fact, that this tradition of compiling all necessary news into one list of links has never been so necessary since the big N's E3 Digital Event last year; you'll also find the broadcasts themselves at the end.
Without further ado, let's get to it.
New Nintendo 3DS / 3DS
- New Nintendo 3DS Release Date Confirmed for 13th February
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Begins Its Countdown on 13th February
- A New Fire Emblem Game Is Marching Towards The 3DS
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo Confirmed Alongside Release Date
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M Gets European Release Date and Fire Emblem Cross-Over amiibo Support
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Launches Exclusively On New Nintendo 3DS This April
- Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Edition Coming to the West With Puzzle & Dragons Z
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy + Hits the West in February with amiibo Support
- Pokémon Shuffle is a Match-Three Game With Slightly Worrying Micro-Transactions
- Nintendo Anime Channel Will Bring Free Streamed Shows to 3DS in Europe
- Nintendo Confirms New 3DS eShop Shooter Ironfall Invasion
- Wii Disc Software Heading to the Wii U eShop
- Splatoon Confirmed for May Release Along With Details on Customisation
- Mario Party 10 Gets It Started With Wii U on 20th March
- Brand New Xenoblade Chronicles X 'Exploration Trailer' Lands
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Hits Japan on 29th April
- Project Treasure is Bandai Namco's Wii U Exclusive Free-To-Play Co-Op Action Game
Wii U and 3DS
- Nintendo Reveals New Range, Details and Compatibility for amiibo
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars Due in March and Will be Cross-Buy on Wii U and 3DS
- Elliot Quest and Blek Bringing More Indie Charm to the Wii U eShop
- Reaction: Nintendo Direct Went Crazy With Reveals, and Was Delightful and Confusing in Equal Measure
- Video: Does Super Mario Galaxy 2 On Wii U Offer Anything New?
- Nintendo of America Issues Non-Statement on the Region Skipping the Smaller New Nintendo 3DS
- New Nintendo 3DS Pre-Orders Emerge at GameStop, Best Buy, EB Games and GAME
Nintendo Direct Broadcasts
So there you have it, a round-up of one of the busiest Nintendo Direct days in recent memory. Let us know what you thought of it all in the comments below.