Nintendo of America Confirms Its Own Nintendo Direct Broadcast

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

All set for 5th December

With the announcement earlier today that Nintendo of Europe is hosting a Nintendo Direct broadcast this week, it seems that its colleagues across the Atlantic have decided to join in; the Nintendo of America equivalent is also scheduled for tomorrow, 5th December.

The NA broadcast starts at 9am Pacific, which is 11am Central and 12pm (noon) Eastern, which means that this will tie-in at exactly the same time as the European equivalent at 5pm UK time, 6pm Central European. The focus will, likewise, be on 2012 and early 2013 games for Wii U and 3DS; if we're being mischievous, we'd also hope that bringing the two broadcasts in line will also set us up for a surprise reveal hitting both regions, but that's wishful thinking at the moment.

Not long to wait, of course, and we'll be providing live coverage as well as full details here on Nintendo Life.

[via nintendo.com, twitter.com]

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

I would love a big surprise, first party Nintendo game reveal...I don't think that's what this is about at all, but I can dream. :p

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Sweet. I love how Nintendo give a day notice to this. Waiting at least a week knowing about this would of been unbearable.

Vic_Atreides

Vic_Atreides said:

My (not very realistic) wish list

• MMORPG Zelda for wii u
  • A new Zelda 3DS
  • Metroid 3DS
  • Ninja Gaiden 3DS
  • Contra 3DS
    A realistic guess would be:
  • release dates for Monster hunter, Luigi's mansion, Castlevania, Animal Crossing for the 3DS
Axed84

Axed84 said:

Nintendo's official Facebook page states that the broadcast will take a deeper look into some previously announced 3DS and Wii U games, so it doesn't SEEM like any announcements regarding new games will be made. Fingers crossed, though! :)

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

I like the idea of keeping the times in line with our EU friends. It would be great if they do the three main regions at the same time (NA, EU, and Japan). I kind of wish they did a same day worldwide release for the Wii U, but I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Yoshi's Land on Wii U developed by Good Feel perhaps? Remember now, Wario Land Shake it and Kirby's Epic Yarn were both announced mere months before release, so I don't think it's completely out of the question here. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, I know, but I feel like Nintendo really needs to start lifting the curtain on future software now. We've been patient. I'm sure we'll get release dates for titles like Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf though. Oh, and also, can we start talking about Wii U's Virtual Console service now, please?

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I reckon we'll get a load of confirmed dates for games we already knew about, and I think we MAY get a reveal on two new download games, one for each eShop. I'd be surprised if there isn't at least one new game shown off.

Ren

Ren said:

I see their using previous "gen" camera tech too. though this is probably an old picture.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

@Ren I wish your name was "Stimpy"... "Stimpy, you idiot!" lmao great show... and to your last point, aren't all pictures old? Ponder that one for a bit

Enzo_V

Enzo_V said:

waiting for fire emblem 3ds,animal crossing and luigi's mansion also looking forwrd to the wii u news :D

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Ren I see your avatar is from an OLD show (before my time by a year) but alass that show although old is still better then crap on today (my point about Nintendo)

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I feel like I remember Reggie stating that not necessarily all of their "launch window" games had been announced.... this could be just a bare-bones Trailers-&-Release Date round up, but man, I hope there's an unexpected game that releases soon in there. Love the last-minute nature of these. Keeps you on your toes.

-Crystalline-

-Crystalline- said:

I want:

A new Zelda game for the 3DS

A new Metroid game for the 3DS

A new Kirby game for the 3DS

More classic titles added to the Virtual Console, such as the Zelda Oracle Games.

Would love to have the GBA Ambassador games released there as well

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Thanks for the notice, looking forward to it.

This time around, a release date for Animal Crossing: A New Leaf, please, not just recycling teaser trailers and summaries we've had for months. Release window for Fantasy Life would be good too, but it's probably still too early.

As for a surprise, a white XL in NA in time for the holidays? Chances looking slim to zero at this point, though.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i wish they would announce the mystery dungeon game for the west already. i really want a 3D pokemon game.

SebbaLinga

SebbaLinga said:

I'm absolutely DYING for a US release date for Animal Crossing New Leaf!!! It has to happen tomorrow or I'm gonna go insane! Haha! 😬

ScreamoPichu

ScreamoPichu said:

New Pikmin 3 trailer? Square's "All The Bravest" really does turn out to be localization of Bravely Default? Yoshi Land Wii U revealed? Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion release date?

Zach777

Zach777 said:

It's not going to talk about anything we don't already know. The may give rock-solid release dates though.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

I don't think many of the above hoped for announcements are realistic, but I agree that there will be some good news and reveals for us all tomorrow at 5pm!

I'd expect firm release dates for upcoming games in all regions, some news on upcoming DLC aswell as one or two surprise game announcements. Nothing on the scale of Mario Galaxy 3 for instance though, which is a shame.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

On the facebook notifications, it is suggesting no new titles will be announced. No big surprises this time. Should be cool, anyway. :)

Here's the messages: "Tune in here tomorrow at 9AM PT for a new Nintendo Direct! We’ll be taking a fresh look at several announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games coming in 2013." from Nintendo and: "Check out a new Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 9AM PT for fresh looks at a few familiar Wii U games coming in 2013! We’ll be sharing the broadcast on the Nintendo Facebook page." from the Wii U page.

Shworange

Shworange said:

Come on Animal Crossing release date!!
On a side note, I live in Minnesota. I just got a street pass today while driving. It turned out to be a guy from Japan. His recently played game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf!!!! I was so close to the game, yet so far...

ClockworkMario

ClockworkMario said:

Maybe we'll see something about Super Smash Bros. U? I mean it's a previously announced game. Or perhaps 3DS Zelda? Yeah, I know just wishful thinking.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Like others have noted, Reggie had previously mentioned something about there being some unannounced launch window Wii U games. Hopefully we'll have some info on that!

At the very least, I expect dates on the following:

• Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Pikmin 3

And I'm hopeful for dates on these:

• The Wonderful 101
  • Fire Emblem 3DS
  • Game & Wario
  • Monster Hunter Ultimate
SMW

SMW said:

LEGO City is likely to get a date. Hopefully Animal Crossing as well. I would like to see more of Wii Fit U.

itsanandito

itsanandito said:

Come on Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon release dates!
Looking forward to any surprises as well!

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Sound's good! :D Can't wait til 12 noon tomorrow to watch nintendo direct. :D Yayy!!! :D

Hopefully & prayfully some news on animal crossing 3ds & luigi's mansion 3ds as for release dates. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I predict they will tell us the official releases dates for The Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, LEGO City Undercover, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Fire Emblem Awakening, & Animal Crossing New Leaf!

Void

Void said:

I'll be watching it, glad it's at 9am, and not really early like some of the other ones.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@TheN64Dude I've always thought they're would be something big, that they're holding back until it's release in its homeland on the 8th (asside from Nintendo TVii)

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

My Predictions:
New Super Mario Bros. U DLC
Details, and perhaps the launch of Nintendo TVii
Sales figures for all 4 consoles over the past weeks.
Some sort of eShop Christmas Promotion.
Yoshi Land announcement
Console Price Drops. Specifically the Wii.
Nintendo's first Wii U digital only title.

Leandro

Leandro said:

More FIRE EMBLEM details gotta be announced. I'm really looking foward to this one. Will be epic!

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

Super Mario MMORPG! Metroid Universe! Nope, instead it will be 'super Nintendo games' again, introducing game boy color rant...

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I'm certain they'll announce dates for:
Luigi's Mansion and AC 3DS. Ok thats wishful thinking...

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I doubt a new Zelda and Metroid being annouced, I bet its going to be the games that were previously annouced

idork99

idork99 said:

@seanzilla2234 I wish!

Also, today marks the one year anniversary of the release of Mario Kart 7 here in the US! My wish: DLC tracks to celebrate!! :)

RR529

RR529 said:

Hoping for a release date for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Also, Square Enix just trademarked the name "All The Bravest" back on November 29th, so maybe that's connected to a western release confirmation of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy?

Emaan

Emaan said:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, now's your time to shine! We've endured too many Nintendo Directs now expecting your appearances, surprise us! :O

pntjr

pntjr said:

God d@mn it, I just ran out of popcorn. I need to go to the supermarket tonight so I can grab some for the new NINTENDO DIRECT!!!!! I have class at 2, so this is a win. I think Nintendo and my university should get together and talk schedules so I will never miss a Nintendo announcement and never miss a class.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I think they'll talk about Game & Wario and clear up whether or not the Yoshi rumor is true. The announcement of the Wii U VC and New Super Mario Bros. U DLC is likely too.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I was about to complain about announcing final dates for games they announced over a year ago, and I realized I'm more excited about the notion of them releasing information about games they released years ago (I'm looking at you Wii U VC!) :)

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

How about some VC news? Kicking things off with an HD Zelda Windwaker.
If that were to happen, I could get set on fire and still call it a good day.

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

Yoshis new game for sure and maybe a pikmin 3 release date.
Also the animal crossing release date for 3ds.

nomeacuerdo

nomeacuerdo said:

I was hoping for an announcement of an update bringing Nintendo Network ID to the 3ds u_u

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Fire emblem. All Reggie has to say is "Fire Emblem awakening Is coming (insert date here)"

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Is mountain time 10 a.m.? I didn't see it in the article... I alway get the time zones mixed up. I've missed cartoon network/adult swim shows by an hour or 2 forever. Tiiiiiime zooooones! haha.

Mr_3DS

Mr_3DS said:

Ugh, 12pm ET is impossible for me to watch...will it be on youtube or something later?

Beta

Beta said:

There's a Japanese Direct too today! I think there's something fishy going on here... especially when you consider those 3DS and Wii U updates that just arrived along with the eShop maintenance.

@Mr_3DS I think they always put it on Youtube, if not, they put on the official Nintendo Direct page. (I think it's Ustream)

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@Mr_3DS It will be on the eShop for a few weeks

I don't know why, but I'm expecting news on the Sonic GG VC games.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

An announcement that GBA games will finally come to the 3DS shop for us non ambassadors?