Mario Party 2 Joins the Club Nintendo Rewards Gang

Posted by James Newton

It'll cry if it wants to

North America, your Club Nintendo rewards have been updated today, with two download games available to buy with your hard-earned coins.

Art Academy: First Semester (3DS, DSiWare) — 150 Coins

Mario Party 2 (N64, Wii Virtual Console) — 150 Coins

These rewards are available until 29th February. Remember if you want to get Art Academy you'll need a 3DS to use the redeem code: a DSi or DSi XL won't cut it.

If games aren't your thing, there's also a 3DS Game Card holder if you're the organised type.

What will you spend your coins on?

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

Alexneon

Alexneon said:

Well, mario party 2 is not a bad game at all, but only two games nintendo...C'mon.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Damn I thought this was announcing Mario Party 3 for Virtual Console. :( This is totally useless to me not only because I'm not American, but because I already have the awesome game known as Mario Party 2. :P

robohobo93

robohobo93 said:

Darn... I just got OoT 3D yesterday, which put me at 110 coins. I was all excited to get another game just in time for my birthday and it turns out I can't. :(

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

I was hoping for a 3DS VC game. MP2 is decent though I'll probably save up my coins or get that 3DS/DS game case.

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

@James
The 3DS game case is the only new reward other than the games. The notebooks and pencase thing have been there since the site was redesigned. I may actually pick up some of these rewards. The case might be useful.

Sasukeanditachi

Sasukeanditachi said:

Great, the first time that they only have 2 games, the main one is one I already have :/. Is Art Academy worth getting?

Cipher

Cipher said:

I really, really want that game card case. I have done ever since it was added to Club Nintendo in Japan, so hopefully it'll come to our Stars Cataogue next.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

If this was the thrid one, then I would get it, but I already have Mario Party 2. It's still a great game of course, and whoever didn't buy it from the VC should go ahead and get it this way if they can.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

The only thing I'd be getting would be the Game Case. Otherwise, I would've wanted to get Mario Party 2...if I had WiFi connection to my Wii.

Edit: Plus, I hope Club Nintendo will provide a better selection next month. Four from last month was good enough while two is too short. For the least part, I have the Platinum Elite Status.

Digiki

Digiki said:

Yay! I don't think I've downloaded anything since the end of 2010, and now I can pick up the best Mario Party for free, yahoo!

Jave

Jave said:

I'm not getting MP2 since I already own it on cart, but I recommend it. It's one of the series' best.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Only two? Come on! Drawing is my least favorite sort of art, and the only 3DS title for me to choose from. Have to wait a whole month now for something else.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I really like the look of the game card case. I'm definitely getting that! I've been in the market for one for a while but they're all so damn ugly! I finally found the one that suits me perfectly! And it doesn't hurt that its an official Nintendo product. I buy the official stuff instead of 3rd party crap whenever I can.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Awesome. I always thought ART Academy was too expensive. This is the best way I can get it. I LOVE CLUB NINTENDO

rjejr

rjejr said:

Dam it. I bought 3 3DS game cases last week. They were only $4.98 each at Amazon and hold 22 games and 2 SD cards and 2 styluses each, but still, I would have gotten at least 1 of these cases. Oh well, 250 coins for next months games I guess.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Actually, I think I might grab Art Academy. Been wanting it for awhile.

ejamer

ejamer said:

Mario Party doesn't work for me - I only own 2 Classic Controllers, and have no intention of running out to buy more for one game.

Art Academy is a tough call. If interested in lessons, the full DS game can be had very cheaply these days so that you wouldn't have to worry about missing the "second semester". If interested in the drawing tools, Colors! 3D is coming soon and seems like it might provide some very interesting ideas not found here. Art Academy for free is still tempting... but not sure it's a sale.

But those 3DS game cases? I'm in love. Of the three new rewards offered, those are the clear winner in my mind.

Shworange

Shworange said:

The game card case is actually pretty cool. I'd need about three of them to fit all of our DS and 3DS games. It's cool that each case can have a different cover. I'll probably wait until around May though in case other cool things come out. I'll have to use 400 of my almost 2000 points at that point so they don't expire.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

Good update, but nothing for me this time. Just ordered that RAD game card case though.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Ok I don't want the 3DS game card holder. I NEED the 3DS game card holder. I may go buy some stuff to get it.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I'm definately getting MP2, undecided on Art Acadamy since I've already got the DS cartrage version. I'll probably end up getting the 3ds game case too

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

I already have both games, they're not crappy at all.
Even if it is a smaller selection, it's still a very good one.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Getting that case! The one I got for DS game cards has been nothing but useful, and it cost more than twice as many coins.

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

I really want that 3DS case. I want Mario Party 2 as well, but I'd rather get the actual N64 cart, because finding 4 classic controllers to play multiplayer would be a nightmare.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

The 3DS case looks lovely. The Zelda slip cover is droolworthy, even. I'm just a bit hesitant because I have no practical need for cart cases such as these.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Good thing February is "short" month, nothing I want this month. "Party" games are not my thing.

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

Fond memories indeed, but I may pass on Mario Party 2. Played it to death back in the day, burning me out on the entire franchise for years to come.

Art Academy could be fun (it'd be better on an XL's larger screen, but I digress). I could use it to move up from drawing stick people in Swapnote.

Dodger

Dodger said:

And my sister just got Mario Party 2 with her half of a points card that we split a couple weeks ago. :P Ah well, we've been having fun with it and I don't have enough coins. I might have 150 by the end of the month though but I don't want to get Mario Party 2 again. If you have somebody to play it with then get Mario Party 2. It actually is rather fun.

Slightly curious about Art Academy but I think I'll save my coins for next month. If art lessons and books haven't rescued my pathetic art skills yet then I don't think a touch screen will either.

I'll admit, I was hoping for some 100 coin games again but this is a pretty good month. Mario Party 2 is fun. At least they didn't give Mario World, the the other VC game I just bought. If it was MP2 and Mario World then I would be quite annoyed.

And hey, that case is pretty cool. Still not worth wasting my coins when they've had a pretty good run with choosing good VC games.

WildMan

WildMan said:

Seriously?! I already have mario party 2 and I don't feel like getting the other game either

13uster13

13uster13 said:

The mario party 2 game isnt wifi online is it? also cant you use 4 gamecube controllers instead of the classic controllers?

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

WiFi: No.
GameCube Controllers: Yes, you can use any combination of GameCube controllers and Classic controllers you want.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Hope this helps people who are uncertain if they should get the retail or DSiWare version of Art Academy. It's from the official UK site of the game. (I don't think the American versions should be different.)
Untitled

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

I ordered four of the game cases! I plan on using both of the Zelda designs, the Mario and Luigi design, and the Nintendo 3DS design.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well I was saving up for the Zelda poster set but with it being out and the fact that I dont have any room on my walls for posters I went with the 3DS case and Mario Party 2.

iphys

iphys said:

The games don't interest me, but I love how that game cart case has switchable covers.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Well, I'm definitely not spending my coins on either of these games. Better luck next month I guess. :P

Punny

Punny said:

Only two games? Ah well. At least this gives me a good reason to pick up Mario Party 2! :)

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Why, oh WHY can't there be an interesting game that I don't already have/can play? Why?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Third dissapointing month in a row Nintendo. :(
I swear there better be something for me in March! I'll go look at that case everyone is talking about.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

got the game case in the first hour it was release but sadly i only got enough coins to buy one game,my wii is broken so no point in MP2 and not so sure on AA

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

mario party 2 is THEE best mario party
well, its the most solidly built, and the roller coaster thing will take you forever to beat

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

I waited the first two rounds to see if they would make available a game I truly wanted, but now I'm afraid I will ever see one.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Hm... Maybe the case. although I have 15 games (16 with RE Revelations) so it will fill up in no time.

I-Rock

I-Rock said:

The case looks really nice, I got it and it's Awesome from the looks of it

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

Disappointed in the games, I liked Mario Party 2 but I already have it.

I'm getting the 3DS card case though, it looks nice~ Ironically, I was just thinking earlier today that I really needed to store my 3DS games separately from my DS games.

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

I unfortunately already have a pretty sweet game case (which is incidentally smaller than the one show here, holds 22 games and 2 sd cards). Also, whats the logic of giving us Mario Party 2 when Mario Party 9 is about to come out in March? Now I wish I had picked up Xevious and Kirby's Dream land. We've been getting less games since the first month, I consider last month to be only 3 games because I don't really need 2 copies of Dr. Mario....4 games, 3 games, 2 games. In march, maybe none? I really was hoping for 3D classic excitebike or Paper Mario 64...those would be sweet,

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

oo ooo ooo, I just got a rad idea, how about The Last Story and Pandora's Tower as downloadable games for the wii? I would shell out a ton of coin for that lol.....

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Personally, back in the late N64 days, I found MP 2 to be somewhat short.
I got much more enjoyment out of the original MP, followed by MP 3. ;)

carson

carson said:

Mario Party 2 is the BEST Mario Party. MP3 is pretty good too, but 4 would prove to be the end of the classic mario party era.

xkirbyx

xkirbyx said:

r they going to release any club nintendo redeeming game for dsiware? can u only redeem games for wiiware and eshop??