Nintendo Japan Unveils Ice White 3DS Console

Posted by James Newton

Out 3rd November

It seems the 3DS console's range of colours is growing out of control: no sooner has Nintendo announced the Misty Pink 3DS for Japan, it's come out and announced another new colour — Ice White.

The colour harks back to the Game Boy Advance's classic Arctic White scheme, of course, but boasts the familiar black surround for the 3DS top screen. It'll see release in Japan on 3rd November, just after the Misty Pink's 20th October release, and will cost ¥15,000.

Spin the 3DS colour wheel and let us know what you think will be the next variation of the console.

[via andriasang.com]

NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992 said:

contrasts way too much from top too bottom, I'll stick with my original blue-ish green teal colour, whatever they call it

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

I'll probably get this one if they announce it for Europe. Unless they've announced a 3DS Lite by then.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Wow! That looks stunning to say the least. :) Of course, if the top weren't black but white, it would be a lot better.

I was originally intending to pick up the Flame-Red 3DS whenever I accumulated enough money, but now I think I'll go with Ice White (glad they didn't call it Snow White :P) instead.

Of course, that's assuming I buy the first form of 3DS. Most likely I'll wait for the 3DS Slim to come out.

GuarinoMatt

GuarinoMatt said:

I bought the black one because I couldn't have this. I'm happy, but this one looks so damn cool...

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Now this is the only color so far that is about as cool looking as the cosmo black 3DS in my opinion.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

Yeah, Nintendo tweeted it a few hours ago, warning Google translate is not good at translating currency. I didn't see white coming honestly.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Looks awesome, but nothing will ever top the surreal glittery mermaid Aquatic awesomeness that is Aqua Blue. B-)

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I was wondering when White was coming out. I found it very odd that it wasn't a launch colour. It's my least favourite one though, after the Wii being white for years and me buying a White DSi it put me off white. I'd prefer black over white any day but given the choice of an actual colour I'd pick red. I wish red was a launch colour instead of black. I ended up picking blue as it's my second choice colour.

Shugo

Shugo said:

Cool, I need to get a Japanese 3DS anyway. I've always liked white consoles; I wish we had more of them in the west... (Looking at you, Sony!)

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm not a fan of any of the white DS models, but this is freaking sexy. I love it. I still have my heart set on purple though.

Kifa

Kifa said:

I really hope that white version will be available in Europe too, along with "3DS System Transfer" tool. I would totally switch my blue system for this baby any day! :O

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

Damn, this one looks nice; if they release the redesign in white on US shores...I'm definitely picking it up.

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

I realize my comment may sound slightly illogical (and it is) but I already own a 3DS (although until I see the redesign I guess my comment is pointless :P)

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Wow, I really want to swap this out from my Black 3DS, this looks awesome :)

jgary1

jgary1 said:

The Flame Red 3DS may not look like much in pictures, but in person it is a real head turner. By far, the best looking color of the 3 released in the US. It is probably one of the most gorgeous finishes on an electronic device that I have ever seen.

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Nintendo, why do you do this to us?

With all these colors, it makes me wonder if it would've been better to go the route of the Game Boy Micro: face plates. Maybe more like actual skins too.

As an early adopter these new colors are making me feel a little more and more screwed, but that's life. Don't get me wrong, I love my 3DS to death, but it really makes me wonder why colors are so limited upon launch, especially with all the flavors at E3.

Oh well, enough complaining, good on those who like white. Also, @Koops3, I lol'd.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

Why is white such a great color? yeah, I know it's really not a color, but you know what I mean

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

It's pretty amazing. But I'm not going to get one until the make a silver one like the original GBA SP and DS

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

That white looks so cool... :O

If I didn't already have Flame Red and commit myself to getting Aqua Blue, I'd snap up this in a (cold)snap. And...would you look at that? It's released in Japan ON MY BIRTHDAY! Oh, what sheer (cold) coincidence! :D

/me is all punned-out...for now...

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I have a plain black one... I would've preferred this over any of the other colors they have out/are going to release.

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

This white system looks, ehh, odd. Between the white, the black bezzle, and the grey circle pad, it just looks off balance and even a bit ugly, in my opinion. Give me the orange one from E3 2010. Please, Nintendo, ORANGE!!!

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

First colour I've liked since the blue one for the 3ds, it looks like we have gotten the gameboy colour sequel where you buy your colour of choice and everyone else could have a different colour

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Dang :O That really is a nice color scheme. I think I like it better than my Cosmo Black one

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

nICE, to see a COOL color like this. I just hope it gets released in America. I've been thinking of getting a 3DS but I like this color best.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I love it. If they make a 3DS Lite, Ice White or Flame Red is the colors I'll be waiting on!

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i like the ice white colour on this 3DS. only gripe i'd have is it could leave fingerprints, marks on it. but other than that, it's very nice.

they have released a black, red and now nice white. i wouldn't mind it in orange, yellow, purple. green, sky blue colours either!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Awesome! Glad they made this color...but now I can't decide between a Red 3DS or White 3DS XD
Guess I'll go with red since it'll take a long while before the white one gets here.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@Teh_Ray the skins idea is excellent and much more affordable.

nintendo should release 3DS skins. each one has mario, link, samus, kirby, donkey kong on them! :-)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow that is a nice one. I am still happy with the Flare red one but this would easily be my second choice. I wonder if they will be bringing this one out for NA for the holiday season. Kinda like some sort of holiday bundle maybe?

IMO The white one, the black one and the red one should have been launch colors. The blue one is nice but it seemed sort of an odd choice for a launch color.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Keep pumping these out :D

More variety, the better.

Orange, purple, yellow and green should be next :)

Doma

Doma said:

Not silver (the better choice).. but close enough. This needs to release here by Christmas, cause i may be forced to wait for the 3DS lite after then.

@YashaStepanovic The contrast is direct, therefore perfect. Best looking 3DS so far (blue/teal is the worst).

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

For some reason I now have Vaniila Ice's song Ice Ice Baby in my head.

Thwiidscube

Thwiidscube said:

Love it! :) The color's cool (That wasn't intended to be a pun)! I'm keeping my Cosmo Black though, because I still like the color, and the fact that it's got the Ambassador games on it.

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

with nintendo bringing out new colours at a steady rate, The sunshine yellow (my name for it) 3DS should be out soon :)

Doma

Doma said:

@misswliu81 Ah, i thought LM2 would get add-on support. Glad Ninty weren't stupid enough to ignore it.
That doesn't seem green btw.. looks like their printer ran out of ink or something.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

@Doma well it looks dark green. that pic must've been photoshopped. the person must've put a green tint over the 3ds.

either way, it would be brill if nintendo released LM2 with a green 3DS.

Sh00kst3r

Sh00kst3r said:

...And boi, do we have colors u liek.

Seriously, though. Anyone know when all these colors will hit US stores? I REALLY want my sister to have a 3DS, and the only way she could get one is Christmas. But being stubborn, she wants that new pink one. Any news/rumors?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

On the one hand, skins like #24 Teh-Ray mentioned would be awesome, & make me a much quicker 3DS adapter.

On the other-hand, maybe Nintendo wants color ownership variety to be more concrete, so there would be less same-color, more eye-grabbing variety?

Dodger

Dodger said:

I think this looks pretty cool but I'm not getting it. I already have the blue one. Anyways, I prefer the red one. I really wish that was out at launch. It was one of the colors announced at E3 so why not? :/

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

I WANT BAD! BRING THIS PUPPY TO THE STATES. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL EBAY MY RED ONE IN A NEW YORK MINUTE.

Rm88

Rm88 said:

Oh man, oh man. OH MAN.

For the first time ever I regret buying my 3DS. Okay, I don't, but I seriously want this. I'll probably buy one if I can transfer my eShop purchases by then...

Jono97

Jono97 said:

WOW! this is EPIC! Why don't nintendo say what colours(colors) they want to sell before they sell their first 3DS? Well, people say white stuff gets dirty, but I doubt that this would get dirty. My polar white ds lite only has some dust stuck under its own outer case.

iPruch

iPruch said:

:OOOOO I love that contrast! Too bad this version wasn't able at launch :<

motang

motang said:

The white actually looks pretty cool. I hate being a early buyer sometimes.