Nintendo Download: Popstars, WiiWare Remakes and Clay Fighting (US)

Posted by Darren Calvert

Finally North America gets Bubble Bobble and Adventure Island on WiiWare

This week the US Nintendo Download is playing catch-up with Europe except for a DSiWare app which is new. As a result we have already reviewed these games so you can get stuck right in if you like what you read!

First up on DSiWare today is American Popstar: Road to Celebrity for 800 Nintendo points. This was released under the name of ‘Pop Superstar’ in Europe last Friday just in case there was any confusion. If you are at all familiar with the American Idol TV show you will know exactly what to expect in this ‘sim’ game. It’s just a shame that the Hoff does not feature. If you think this might be your bag then check out our Pop Superstar: Road to Celebrity review for more info. Surprisingly we really liked it.

Next up on DSiWare is another app by the name of Photo Clock. It sounds like it does exactly what it says on the tin – you get a clock and the ability to show off your photos according to your preferences. It’s not going to rock your world probably, but for only 2 bucks (200 Nintendo points) it won’t break the bank either. Watch out for Corbie’s review coming up soon if you are in doubt.

Now moving on to WiiWare. This week you are spoilt for choice with both Bubble Bobble Plus! and Adventure Island: The Beginning competing for your attention. As far as retro Wiimakes go, both turned out to be quite good when we reviewed them following the Euro releases. Fans of Bubble Bobble will be thrilled with the 4 player, wi-fi scoreboards and staggering amount of content on offer this WiiWare remake. Make sure you check out our Bubble Bobble Plus! review so you know what the deal is. It only costs 600 Nintendo Points in the US so it’s a real bargain, poor old Euro gamers had to cough up 800 points. Maybe that will make investing in the additional DLC packs more palatable as a result.

The Adventure Island remake might not be to everyone’s taste. Some may not like the graphical style old skool gameplay, but fans of Master Higgins will no doubt get a kick out of this. It’s an enjoyable platform romp that packs a stern challenge unless you are a platformer master like Drake. Be sure to read our Adventure Island: The Beginning review if you are on the fence about downloading this. It costs 800 Nintendo points.

Last but not least on the Virtual Console we have the Sega Genesis version of ClayFighter. If you are unfamiliar with this game think Street Fighter II made out of Clay with a side helping of humour added to the mix and you will get a good idea of what to expect. It certainly had a bit of a following back in the days and even spawned a few sequels, but as our ClayFighter review states the gameplay is pretty mediocre by today’s standards. We recommend you pass on this unless you have your rose-tinted specs firmly in place. ClayFighter costs 800 Nintendo points.

So that’s what’s going on in the crazy world of the Nintendo Download this week for North America. What will you be downloading?

[via press.nintendo.com]

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Good week. Two long awaited WiiWare titles get released in America. Clayfighter as the VC game isn't too hot but it has more appeal than other games of a similar quality. Oh and you get to waste more money downloading an application that should have been built-in already. Meh.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

ClayFighter!!!!! I guess its time to mark another game off my virtual wishlist. Good update all together

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

BUBBLE BOBBLE!!! YES!! AND ITS CHEAP!!!! WOOO!!!

Now with that out of the way, I've noticed Corbie is reviewing Photo Clock. I think you should change the reviewer, a 7/10 for a clock seems a bit much ;)

7th_lutz

7th_lutz said:

It is great to see 2 good Wiiware releases this week.

Clayfighter isn't a great fighting game in the genesis imo. I have to say is better than Virtua Fighter 2. Clayfighter is in my bottom 5 head to head fighting games on the Sega Genesis.

Knux

Knux said:

YES,another wonderful update!! I like Clayfighter and Bubble Bobble Plus,so they are must-buys for me! Here I come,Wii Shop Channel!

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Talk about Nintendo listening to us! Nobody better complain about today's update. (I'm sure people will anyway.)

I'm definitely getting Bubble Bobble Plus but I am on the fence with Adventure Island but the fact that I've never played the original could win over in the end. We'll see.

I was right in predicting there would be an app today.

Kevin

Kevin said:

About time we got Bubble Bobble. Why do so many people want the original smash bros when melee and brawl are much better games? Waste of 1,000 points if you ask me if you got either melee, brawl or both already.

Olimar_91

Olimar_91 said:

Nothing for me this week, but an overall good week I'd say.

It's also worth noting that the weekly game release limit seems to be gone now. Which is a good thing, if it stays that way.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Don't fuss about Smash Brothers. Despite mainly playing catchup with Europe, all-in-all this is/was a very good week. Make that two good weeks in a row. ;-) Now let's all show Nintendo some gratitude by downloading at least one of these great games... well, except for maybe Pop-star, but ironically, even that got a decent review :P

Terra

Terra said:

Lucky buggers. First, you get Cue Sports for 500. Then, you get Plattchen 500 points cheaper, then probably some other example, and now this. We Europeans are getting screwed over, point by points.

Aside from that, great week for the US. Nintendo seem to be becoming that much more generous to our regions lately. Also nice to see that it's one of the rare occasions the US play catch up to Europe and not the other way round.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Good update for the North Americans overall. The fact we (EU-ites) have to pay more for some games takes the piddling p#ss though

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

I'll be getting Photo Clock and Bubble Bobble probably, and Adventure Island in the future. Good games this week, the Monday updates seem to be starting to accelerate in greatness!

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Well, it does take us WAY longer to get these sometimes.

FFIV: The After Years next week!

Terra

Terra said:

"Well, it does take us WAY longer to get these sometimes."
Oh yeah, poor US. It's not like you missed out on many great games before as much as we have, or had to wait as long. It's almost always the other way round, with Europe having to wait way longer.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Why are people complaining about the lack of SSB64? Even I really want the game but I'm not complaining. Not only is this a great update but come on, did you really expect them to release it so soon after MM?

@TwilightV: I have points to get the FPP DLC today. I'm gonna post on the Game Page and let you know what I think or alternatively I could post on the Forum. You choose.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Poor US? I said no such thing, i'm not complaining, and yes, sometimes we have to wait for things too. Sometimes the PAL area gets something that would likely never be released here (example: PAL is getting a subbed version of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise).

@SonicKnuckles8: The game's page is fine.

FroguinZX

FroguinZX said:

Yes! YEEEEES! Bubble Bobble+ for 600! I better switch gears to begging now. As for the update itself, good overall, obviously, I'll be picking up Bobble Bobble+, but it seems to be the only thing for me this week. But, on another note, what is wrong with everything? When Nintendo finally starts letting the games flow, everyone starts clashing, it's NA vs. EU all over again! Does Nintendo have to crap out on us again for us to band against our common enemy? Although it is biting the hand that gives gifts but whatever. Not looking forward to next week, I HAVE to play a Final Fantasy game. :'(

EDIT: I'm neutral in NA vs. EU, but I'll be more than glad to stir the pot.

North99

North99 said:

I'll be downloading multiple games when I get home from work today!!! Yay!!!!!

Terra

Terra said:

@Bahamut Zero
Damm it, as a man of the left wing and an anti-capitalist I oppose that (Although I do love a good conspiracy). Nintendo must be stopped. Europeans, gather and stop the potential menace. Only together can we can bring down the prices.

@TwilightV
I know you didn't say that, I did. Admittedly, we do get some things that you guys wouldn't (Don't care much for One Piece though) but it's generally the other way round. That's what I hate.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

@sebas215: the more and more I see crappy DSi apps being released instead of real games, the more I fear that a "Virtual Handheld" service may never come to fruition. But ya never know - Nintendo been known to keep surprises up their sleeve...

XD375

XD375 said:

A good week. Two long-awaited WiiWare titles which I'll download when I get the chance, along with Clayfighter, which has a small following. I have memories of playing the SNES version, but I think I'll pass on this one, even if it was the SNES version.

Nirvanainchains

Nirvanainchains said:

TO THE SHOP!!!!!!!! :)

Also i don't get why so many people want SSB. Yeah it was one of the better N64 games but we have Brawl now....???? Personally id rather see one of the Mario Party games or DK64

Popyman

Popyman said:

I was kind of angry at no S&S, but BB+ for only 600!? I can use my spare 600 points!

And I gotta get Clay Fighter soon, that game was hilarious years ago, and it got me into clay. I think that's worth a purchase, even if it isn't that good.

EDIT: @wiiloveit: Thanks, it feels awesome. Do you get these great updates all the time?

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Wow, huge catch up week for us! Not sure I'll be downloading anything from this list but it's nice to not have Clayfighter hanging over our heads anymore. Of course we still have Secret Command and Fantasy Zone II to be released. I fully expect both those games in June.

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Instant download for me for WW and VC games once I get points! As for the DSi I've heard some good things about the Pop Star game, but I want to get Real Soccer 2009 and Brain Age Express: Math since those are also 800 points. I'll download the Photo Clock application later today.

And we get WW for 400 Points less then everyone!!!!!

HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi said:

@ Kevin - I coudn't agree more, Super Smash Bros. is a great game, but it's gameplay improved a lot in Melee and Brawl, so i don't see the point in playing it again. Many will say that we have to respect the classics, yes i do, but in this case the newer games are better in all the aspects.

Good and cheap week! I wanna try Bubble Bobble Plus!

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Good week. Good week. I'm content. BB at 600 points is a freaking steal! Pure awesome there; no reason NOT to download it.

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

Mighty Flip Champs?! Swords and Soldiers? Pop? Meh. I might get Adventure Island though. And why does everyone want SSB? That game has aged horrendously. I wouldn't even think about playing it today, much less spend1000 points on it.

mariofan5000

mariofan5000 said:

I agree with AquaTeen. I mean this is a good update but where's SSB64? Are they holding it for E3 2009? i think that's on June 1st.

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

Why the Genesis version? I don't remember it having anything the SNES version didn't have. The SNES version had better sound and a pretty cool opening song.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Last week we had Majora's Mask and PictoBits. This week we have Bubble Bobble and Adventure Island.

I must be dreaming, and when I wake up I'll find out we actually got Tingle's Family Bathroom Party and the Punch-Out!! clock and calculator.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i am disappointed no swords and soldiers but i been wanting bubble bobble plus since its japanese release and adventure island game looks great, as a kid i loved clayfighter even if it wasn't a great fighter sometime i'll pick it up

Pastry

Pastry said:

I think that these downloadable titles are taking a turn for the better. :)

I don't remember the last time we got 5 things! :P

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Well the VC and DSiWare entries suck, but this is one of those rare weeks where the WiiWare games totally makes up for that.

BrazCanaMan

BrazCanaMan said:

I'm not gonna complain about this weeks WW, but I was REALLY hoping for S&S and/or Icarian. But at least we still get two quality titles, so no harm done. Why is everyone so eager to get SSB64? I mean, it will be SSB with less characters, less items, and just less overall. I love classics, but in SSB's case newer is better.

JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas said:

Great update on WiiWare
OK update on DSiWare
Meh update on VC

Overall a pretty good update

JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas said:

I wish they would release the SNES version of Clay Fighter. From what I've heard it's better.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Wii Remote functionality. If you don't have a Classic Controller or Gamecube controller you can't download SNES games.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Woot, Bubble Bobble finally in the US. Think I might be grabbing that and perhaps getting my bro in on some two player destruction. I wonder how much the DLC will be in the US...?

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

Not a great an update compared to last week but it's still a good one, thanks to Taito/Square Enix and Hudson offering a much cheaper price for their WiiWare offerings (sorry Euro fans). I was waiting to get BB+ on the Xbox but for 600 Wii Points, it looks like I'll be picking this one up. I'll think about getting Adventure Island but I'm still waiting for much more anticipating releases (namely Cave Story and Swords & Soldiers).

Popyman

Popyman said:

Oh, wait, Clayfighter 63 1/3 is the one I played. Is that one better than the first, and does the first even have Earthworm Jim? I might not get this afterall...

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

YAHOOO! Finally Bubble Bobbie+, I've been eagerly waiting for this one :), and at 600, how to avoid the download?, I'm on the fence on AI:TB, I'm not a huge fan of the series, but it has some nice differences, I'll just wait and see how much the DLC for BB+ is.
On the other hand, I'm not interested on VC, I really prefer the N64 version of Clayfighter, which I have, and that's enough for me; and, even thou Dsiware is getting a little better, still no major game to make me want to purchase a $350 Dsi, woot! :)

Overall: What a great week!

Jeroen1

Jeroen1 said:

I will download...nothing. I am a real European. Fight for the rights of every man.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Yay Nintendo! Some great WiiWare games, too bad we got a lousy VC release, but I don't care!

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Call me the first major complainer here, but this Virtual Console update sucks big time. It's not all bad thought, as were (hopefully) going into the right direction with WiiWare and the DSiWare update should at least be decent:

WiiWare: A solid update. Two highly anticapated game finally reached NA, Adventure Island: The Beginning and Bubble Bobble Plus. The latter I'm considering downloading. It's a step in the right direction.

DSiWare update: Two games, but only one is really a game, but that doesn't bother me too much. American Popstar is a very good game to play, but I don't care much for Photo Clock. Still, at least it was a decent update.

Virtual Console: Now this is ****! They've decided to put up a sub-par game that is the INFERIOR version (Which is Clay Fighting for the Sega Genesis). Couldn't they give us another game to play, maybe it would be passable. A poor week indeed.

I'm actually surprised nobody hates the Virtual Console update today as much as me. I don't care if the WiiWare update is good, NOA should be ashamed of themself for scareficing quality of Virtual Console games today and quanity, AGAIN!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

this Virtual Console update sucks big time.

Its been out in Europe for months so it had to come to America sometime. And as I said, when a game originally came out out on both the Genesis and the SNES, the Genesis version gets favored regardless of quality in comparison to the SNES game simply because not everyone owns a Classic Controller or Gamecube controller to play SNES games. Its just the way things are on the VC.

Objection

Objection said:

This update does not suck. However, I still don't like it. ;) Wake me up when S&S releases. :P

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

I'm with the others who would prefer getting the SNES version of CF.

Someones going to be angry if they download this and the SNES one comes out later I bet.

Edit- Anyone one know of differences between the two?

WolfLink22

WolfLink22 said:

ClayFighter is not as bad as some of the games we were getting before Majora's Mask on the VC.

I predicted ClayFighter as VC Game 301.

If you liked ClayFighter like i did then get it again.But the Genesis version was not as great as the Super Nintendo Version.I am getting this one only because we don't have the SNES version.

This game should have been reviewed at least a 5 overall review wise.But anyone who likes this or hates this game both know that it was never going to be a 10.

As for WiiWare it was a great week for WiiWare Fans.

As for DSIWare it did not get the same fate as VC or WiiWare this week.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I'd rather have the Genesis version than no version at all. Hope we get 63 1/3 too!

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Even though there's some minor nostalgia factor there I wasn't really planning on getting Clay Fighter anyway when it comes to the VC over here. But it being the MD version is definitely the deal breaker. What's up with them releasing all these inferior versions all the time? Dammit!

WolfLink22

WolfLink22 said:

@60 Djungelurban

The Genesis version of ClayFighter is ok.

I would get this to show Interplay that we care and that we want ClayFighter 63 and 1/3 as well.Any way at least support interplay.That would be if i were you.

I got ClayFighter no matter the version because i like it.I hope Interplay knows that we are supporting them no matter the game.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@WolfLink22
I just genuinely hate the Genesis/MegaDrive sound chip. It's just not pretty. I mean it works in some cases, especially in where you don't a SNES/Arcade version to compare it to... But generally, it just doesn't work.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

Did the nintendo channel come late for anyone here? Mine didn't update until recently, well after 12 pm. Just want to make sure that it's not a problem with my system.

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Bass0X Post 53#: It's understandable if it's something like Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, which is still good on the Genesis, but when the game sucks and Nintendo choose the inferior port, that's just flat out wrong. I rather have the SNES version (The better version) then the inferior Genesis version of Clay Fighting, it ruined the week.

WolfLink22 Post 63#: You know, we should be supporting Interplay for just getting Earthworm Jim 2 on the Virtual Console. Not only it's better then the original, it's also ESRB rated so that game will probably be Interplay next game on the VC.

Djungelurban Post 60#: I agree, why does Nintendo of America always throw inferior versions on the Virtual Console at us?

Chatham

Chatham said:

Shows how much EU gets price gouged from NOE. Amazing WiiWare update today!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Well its the first and only Clayfighter game on the Genesis. Any future Clayfighter games will appear on the SNES or N64. Not that it'll bother me, I won't be getting any of them.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Nothing for me this week but pretty good releases all around. Clayfighter is not my thing but I know lots of people were waiting for this game so good for you! I'm sure Bubble Bobble and Adventure Island are both great games but I need to save my points for Final FantasyIV: The After Years and Swords and Soldiers! I'm still waiting for Cave Story too but since its not coming out until after E3 I need to make sure I have enough points left over for that.:)

JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas said:

Woah woah wait a minute. Not all the Interplay Genesis ports are inferior. The Genesis version of EWJ is superior since it has an extra level that the SNES doesn't.

Pikamander2

Pikamander2 said:

I just had a thought.

Nintendo has had plenty of opportunities to release SSB. Maybe they're taking their time because they're going to add something for the NA release. Online play, perhaps?

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

I was just asking about BBP in the forums yesterday! HURRAY!

final fantasy victory music

xesbeth

xesbeth said:

aaaah riiiight. Bubble Bobble 600 points in US, 800 in europe?

European are considered as rich people? Or it flopped in europe so you get a price drop? Ahah! So funny.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

I just made #3 under Regional Rankings in Bubble Bobble + Standard mode. So far, I'm having fun with the game. I only played Standard mode with a friend and tackled the Ranking mode for Standard. As you can guess, I haven't touch any of the Arranged modes. Overall, if you haven't played Bubble Bobble then definitely get this version. And if you do have the NES version of BB, Taito may have sweetened the deal by offering the game 200 points less plus you'll have Arranged, 4-player, and Ranking modes at your disposal. A definite buy, in my opinion.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

Good update today guess ill be downloading Clayfighters, Bubble Bobble and Photo Clock. :)

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

@post 74. xesbeth
If I had to guess, I'd say it didn't too that well in Europe, so they dropped the price for NA.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

OMG anther dissapointment for us DSi owners AGAIN. I want Mighty Flip Champs. Well I guess Ill grab Pictobits today to hold me thru to next week I guess.

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

I used to play the SNES version a lot with my friend back in the day and I liked it a lot (even though he always whupped my @$$ :p). I may purchase this later on in the future, but for now I'm saving my points for Cave Story.

Jolted85

Jolted85 said:

I noticed most of this years games have gone 1 week with an 8 bit game and the next with a 16 bit game, our only break was when we got Majora's Mask last week, I'm not surprised one bit about Clayfighter being released, now the only game we don't have that Europe has in the SG games is E-Swat and I have no idea why they won't release it...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Hurray for Clayfighter! At least we got something worthwhile this week. I just hope we get Cave Story next week, wasn't it supposed to come out in May?

@03bgood

So? It's not like their word suddenly becomes fact. You gotta take that stuff with a grain o' salt, man. Personally, I like Clayfighters, and I plan on getting it as soon as I can, and no reviewer is gonna change that.

Oh, and I'm glad we got the Genny version, since that was the one I had as a kid, and that's the one I want to relive.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

I noticed that bubble bobble was on taito legends. Are the normal levels in BB+ just like the original arcade one? I'm asking because I may get Taito Legends some day (had it once), but I was thinking of getting BB+ now, want to make sure it's worth it.

Also, how long is AITB?

J_K

J_K said:

Wow NOA gives a solid week for once. What happened? :)

Seriously though that was a pretty damn fine setup given out there for purchase on WiiWare, even if it was delayed stupidly at least they're out. The DSi offerings seem a bit weird but you got two to choose from, but I still don't get the weekly hosings of the VC yet again.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

@longtimegamer: There's 4 modes (plus 2 downloadable ones). Standard Mode is identicle to the original Bubble Bobble, and Super Standard is identicle to the Super mode in the original. Then there's Arranged and Super arranged (both are identicle to each other in level layout but feature different enemies). These feature completely new levels and both offer 4 player support (where as standard does not). They also feature a new boss character. I'd say it's worth the $6, since you're getting online ranking mode, 4 player support and about 500 levels. 10/10

Viral

Viral said:

I noticed there are fewer and fewer weeks of European news releases on here. Are you guys steering towards NA and Japan releases only?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Viral, its just that we're getting less things worth covering about. They can't write news articles about things that aren't happening.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Wiiware: Awesome!
VC: Meh.
DSiWare: Bleh...

Pretty good update overall, especially compared to what we've been getting. Though I would've preferred Swords & Soldiers, we still got 2 other games the Brits have been holding from us. Now if we can just get Cave Story next week, I'll be a happy Hippo Man.

anthonyb

anthonyb said:

I'm happy. :) We've finally caught up on some of these great games. Downloading Bubble Bobble when I get home.

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

Not bad, not bad.... I've been waiting for Clayfighter for a while.... I just might have to scoop that one up. Idk about Adventure Island, and I really like the old Bubble Bobble on the NES and it's the only one I ever played, so I might just stick with that.

Vertigo

Vertigo said:

Oh well, downloaded Bubble Bobble Plus and played for a while and not happy with it. The logic isn't right in some places and if you're used to the arcade one, there are a few things that aren't right that should be, like enemy timings, bubble grouping and the slightly slippery controls. Taito really shouldn't be getting something like this wrong, but they are owned by Square so anything's possible. Taito, if in doubt, stick it on Virtual Arcade. At least it was only $6 and space I can clear off my Wii, doubt I'll redownload it.

worrybomb

worrybomb said:

I'm ranked #1 in Super Arrange mode for the Regional Rankings. I keep losing in Stage 18, I believe (darn those blue flying Witches!). Also, I'm glad to report that BB+ already ranked in the Popular Lists at the #18 spot. I don't know if it did good over in PAL territories but I have a good feeling it'll have a longer lifespan over here.

Billmaan

Billmaan said:

The BB+ physics changes are irritating, but only if you're really used to the arcade version. After a few hours of play I honestly stopped caring. (I'd still buy the arcade version in a heartbeat, though.)

Shameless self-plug: looks like I'm the first in NA to clear the classic stages in ranked mode. It looks like only 15 people have done so worldwide (and subsequently updated their scores on the leaderboards)...that (probably) says bad things about the game's popularity.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I hadn't thought of Bass X0's explanation for Genesis and NES versions released instead of SNES versions before, but I must say that it sadly makes sense, at least if you view companies as money-grubbing instead of customer-liking. But I question how well that's really working out for them.

I'm not downloading this crap because I want the better version, so that's a sale lost. Does this happen enough to counter the theoretically increased sales to those who don't have Classic or Gamecube controllers? I'd say yes, because I don't honestly think there are very many people regularly visiting the Wii Shop Channel (particularly the VC side of it) who don't have at least one CC or GCN controller. The main purpose of the Classic Controller IS the VC, so fans would all have it! Also, playing Genesis games with just the Wiimote is really awkward, imo.

Would it really be so hard to put up both versions of these games, if nothing else? We have FOUR (I think I counted that right) versions of Street Fighter 2 and pretty much every Wonder Boy game twice, but we STILL don't have Wario's Woods on SNES? They can't bother with it for some strange reason, even though it's VASTLY superior to the NES version? That's the biggest deal to me. Yoshi's Cookie is another, though less of a deal, I admit. Then you come to EVERY Interplay game, and now Activision is doing it, too. I'm SICK of being treated like this!

That was a long rant...as for this week's update in general, I think it's pretty good, mostly because the WiiWare games were highly desired. Still waiting for Mighty Flip Champs, though. And I still want to know where the heck Lolo 3 is!

WolfLink22

WolfLink22 said:

@Djungelurban

I know that the Genesis version of ClayFighter is not the best.But because of NOA beggers can't be choosers if i spelled that right.So if you don't want ClayFighter then hope that we get ClayFighter 2 and ClayFighter 63 and 1/3.

@66 Super Smash Bros. Fan1999

I don't mean just supporting Interplay for a few games.I mean no matter the game.If they announce more games after EWJ 2 then start asking for other Interplay based games too.Not just a select few.

Also for those of you who replied/recommented to my last post must have forgot in my first comment in this article i said this:

I predicted ClayFighter as VC Game 301.

As for WiiWare it was a great week for WiiWare Fans.

As for DSIWare it did not get the same fate as VC or WiiWare this week.

Just to refresh both people who replied/recommented to my last comment.

VALERHU

VALERHU said:

I found some information about the us release date for swords and soldiers, its next week or the following week (I asked a developer)

swordsandsoldiers.com

JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas said:

I have this feeling we'll also get the tournament edition of clayfighter. It was only on the SNES. So that way you guys will be happy.

TheEmulationZones

TheEmulationZones said:

Omg! Why !!!! WHY !!!! Why Does America Deserve More Games Then Europe?! America Aint Anny Better Then Europe... Tss I Thought We Finnaly Had A 800 Points Game That America Doesent Got
And Yet They Get American Popstar Road To Celebrity!
DAM YOU NINTENDO !