Ultimate NES Remix Coming To 3DS This November

Posted by Damien McFerran

Both eShop and physical releases planned

It has been revealed today that the Wii U eShop series NES Remix is making the leap to the 3DS in the form of Ultimate NES Remix.

The game — which will be released on the 3DS eShop and in stores — will boast quick-fire challenges from 16 8-bit classics. It will also have online leaderboards and a Championship Mode.

The game will launch in North America on November 5th, with the European release coming two days later.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Is this a portable version of NES Remix 1 and 2?

Honestly, I think NES Remix would be best-suited for a handheld. Its pick-up-and-play gameplay is perfect for it.

tysonfury

tysonfury said:

it'll be interesting to see if the 3DS version interacts with the Wii U version, if you own both copies. Well we can dream can't we...!?

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Oh cool! Neither me nor my brother have picked up the Wii U version, so I might give this a shot instead. Too bad we still don't have SNES Remix though... When the article said "16 8-bit games" my mind first read it as "16-bit games". :P

maxcriden

maxcriden said:

@Damo can you bug NOE/NOA and ask them what the heck this game is? Just a compilation or something new...? :)

BlockPunch

BlockPunch said:

This has to be a totally new 3DS version and not just a port of the Wii U games. Surely?

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Quick everyone, we must buy this to ensure SNES Remix gets made!!! (not really I am one of the people holding out with no intent to buy NES remix :) )

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

According to Nintendo of America's press release, it comes out December 5th along with physical release of the two games from the Wii u eShop.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

If these are the same as the Wii U version how the heck are supposed to play the ones with the constantly splitting screens on such a small one to begin with?

Nionel

Nionel said:

Only 16 games? Seems like this is just going to be the first game, or a selection of 16 games from the 28 total between the two NES Remixes.

I would have much rather seen the 3DS game a "Game Boy Remix", but that's just me.

kobashi100

kobashi100 said:

brilliant!

i skipped wii u version as thought it was better suited for 3DS. will buy for sure now!

blaze8937

blaze8937 said:

I have yet to get it on my wiiu so I seriously wonder which one I should get now. Well I guess I have to wait and see if the 3ds version offers anything new.

xj0462

xj0462 said:

hmm might have to get it, as long as they lower the difficulty, and make all games hve there own levles,

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama said:

@allav866 Perhaps with the hardware refresh it won't be a problem? Or they made some changes to the code to make it run smoother on the 3ds and didn't have resources to focus on that the first time around?

I'm happy for 3ds only users for this but I'll be passing. I prefer this game on the TV.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Choice. This always seemed better suited to the 3DS to me as well so I'll likely get it for this platform now.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Am I the only person who feels NOA/NOE rushed this news out to try and draw attention away from the New 3DS. It would explain why the press release is lacking screens or really any useful information whatsoever.

@DestinyMan It might be a cut down version as those have 28 games between them and this is only 16. IIRC NES Remix 1+2 have 2 golf games so there is filler to be cut.

But honestly for the price of 1+2 I'd rather 1+2 for all their flaws (2 has some terrible challenges, which I kind you not, are to watch the title screen demo).

BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger said:

Excellent news! Although I really enjoyed NES Remix 1 & 2 on the Wii U, the "quick to pick up and play" style is well-suited for the 3DS.

Sherman

Sherman said:

Yes!! I was waiting for this!! But... what is Ultimate NES Remix, @Damo? Is it 1 & 2? Is something else besides 1 or 2? What? :(

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Loved the 1st one on the U and I will be getting this, it is the perfect game for portable play. Online leaderboards make everything all the more sweet

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Day one purchase physical for both 3DS and Wii U! Thank you Nintendo for making physical versions of both games.

TheAlbinoLion

TheAlbinoLion said:

I'll wait to get the NES Remix 1 and 2 physically for the Wii U. I'm still waiting for Gameboy Remix and GBA Remix :D

Noboty

Noboty said:

About time. It should've been on the 3DS first. It's far more suited to playing on the go.

Henmii

Henmii said:

So the Retail version does come to Europe, only as a 3DS version? Well, I am fine with that. And if the title is a indication, this will be a enhanced version!

On a side-note: That Nintendo figure who said it could only be done on Wii u? LOLOLOL!!

wurde

wurde said:

It's sort of weird how the design shows Mario characters practically the whole screen

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

This sounds cool! I wonder what the price point will be. It seems like something I'd actually want digitally to just play a bit whenever.

NEW3DSXLISMINE

NEW3DSXLISMINE said:

I prefer to only buy games at retail and I love compilations. So consider this one an open-and-shut case for me. I hope it combines the best levels from NES Remix 1 & 2 on Wii U & not just take the 16 titles from Remix 1, since the Remix 1 titles were weaker overall in my opinion.