StreetPass Quest Villain Appears in Latest Smash Bros. 3DS Screen

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Or Find Mii, if you're in North America

While we normally reserve our Super Smash Bros. screenshot coverage for our weekly round-up, we do make exceptions for new challengers or stages. Today's screen from Masahiro Sakurai brings us the latter, with the Dark Emperor from StreetPass Quest / Find Mii appearing and intimidating the Wii Fit Trainer.

As each release will have its own unique console-specific stages, this certainly seems like a sensible choice on the 3DS, with the built-in StreetPass software surely familiar to practically all of the portable's owners — admittedly not everyone will have made it all the way through the quest. The cage in the background, ominous sky and castle structure that's just visible indicate this'll be a full stage, rather than just a Dark Emperor cameo. Sakurai-san's Miiverse post hints as much.

Pic of the day. Pop quiz! Who is this monster, and where is it from? The cage may serve as a hint.

If this does transpire as a full stage, or even just an appearance from the StreetPass villain, will you be happy to see the free game represented in Smash Bros.? Sound off in the comments below.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

Shambo

Shambo said:

Way cooler than that hand thing. And that was -given that it was just a hand- quite a nice boss in fact.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I honestly didn't expect for there to be a Find Mii stage, much less the Dark Emperor to be in it. This should be pretty cool. I think the Dark Lord/Emperor final boss music is pretty catchy, so I hope that plays in this stage.

I really hope this means that Miis could be playable! There's Wuhu Island, and now this.

josh64128Staff

josh64128 said:

I love modern Nintendo, so to see Wii Fit Trainer up against the Dark Emperor is great! :D

And I really hated that guy, he hurt so many Mii's, so it will be great to get my own back on Smash.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

If Mii's are playable, then i'm going to kick the Dark Emperors butt. Because he captured mii many times, the swellest and most random king in the land.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

oh great. thanks for the spoiler. i have not been able to finish the streetpass quest yet

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain said:

Really happy to see something "Streetpass related" in SSB4. Can you believe it that some guys started a new fad in Miiverse saying that the Dark Emperor is actually Shenron from DBZ!!? They even said that Goku might make it in!! XD

Sparx

Sparx said:

Great now I don't know which version I want anymore Dx

Also if miis become payable then I demand Nintendo reveal it by having Reggie be the one to show it (answering all the Reggie for smash cries)

2Sang

2Sang said:

I hope this doesn't mean miis are in the game. I like the stage, but let's not go any further than that.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

@SheldonRandoms

I hope I can play as Mii too. I like playing as my favorite fighters in Smash Bros (i.e. Mario, for one), but for other games that have playable Miis, I'll always pick...Mii!

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

C'mon, it's obvious. It's King Koopa covered in Mutagen ooze. Glad to see Sakura has an appreciation for the turtles. ;) I'm going to be so disappointed when i find out it's just another random Sub Space Immissary monster.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

YES! Streetpass is one of the coolest ideas Nintendo has had in recent memory, glad to see other games incorporating things from it. Streetpass Plaza would be an awesome SSB stage!

mystman12

mystman12 said:

The weird thing is, I live in NA, but when I saw the Miiverse post I thought "Hey, it's the boss from StreetPass Quest!" StreetPass Quest is a much better name than Find Mii, in my opinion.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I personally hope for a Miiverse stage, for the Wii U or 3DS version. It would be the perfect successor to the Pictochat stage from Brawl.

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain said:

Miiverse is currently filled with Mii requesters..........and I'm freakin' sick of it!!! >~<

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Never saw him before, I only use play coins for in game items like Animal crossing and the Resident evil games, don't want to shake my 3ds a thousand times for puzzle pieces or useless cat warriors.

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

@Undead_terror but using coins is the worst and hardest way to reach it, it's easier to use miis of people you streetpassed they can reach up to level 7 instead of 2(the animals you get with coins)

GatorGamer

GatorGamer said:

I was heavily against having Miis in this game... Before now, that is. For some reason this screenshot triggered an idea in my mind... Perhaps Sakurai will only allow about 10 Miis each to be registered onto the game, in order to make sure miis don't overshadow the REAL characters.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Great game, great boss and great music. Will the music be in too? That would be awesome.

GatorGamer

GatorGamer said:

This is likely an adventure mode boss. Sakurai never said there would be no story mode, he just said it wouldn't be as cinematic and large as Brawl's SSE.

Plucky

Plucky said:

I never even fought the boss, let alone got halfway through the castle, just because cats barely do anything, even with sporadic streetpasses before the Nintendo Zone update didn't do much.

Beating ghost shields unless you have the right color is probably going to be like 4 not right's, and 1 actually having the color just to hit, then it's randomly bumping into more people for the first time, being low leveled rather than people who would be level 3 or something.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Is Find Mii any good? Been a 3DS owner for over a year now, and never paid attention to Mii Plaza games.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

The cage shouldn't even be there. Doesn't he usually have you wrapped in his tail?

also: everyone else first reactions, "Find Mii Stage/Boss Battle/Adventure mode"
My first Reaction to the image "what the heck's wrong with WFT's Hands?"

Haywired

Haywired said:

Surely they're missing out the far more evil villain from Streetpass; 5 duplicate puzzle pieces in a row!

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Saw this this morning could be an interesting stage, next they should announce a puzzle panel stage.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

why everybody is saying this is a great game? we don't even have play this game and everybody seems hyped so hard, I know many fans will disagree with me but I realizing that smash bros its just the same thing over and over with the different versions out there, at least I can understand that this is a portable version but I can tell im not impress with the wii U version.

allav866

allav866 said:

Mii has done so many things; sports, kart racing, party games, and saving a kingdom, and recently an entire galaxy. A character as versatile as Mario himself would make a welcome addition to the Smash Bros. roster.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Darn, if only he were a playable character!

Here's hoping Giygas is playable! (haha not gonna happen)

@TruenoGT Unless you live where you can hardly get any streetpasses. Like me.

Kmno

Kmno said:

What would be a Wii U version exclusive? This games are looking better by the day.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@DestinyMan Yeah, I've started wondering about Miis too, since so many stages are based on titles that use them.. I really hope you can play as your Mii!! Maybe colors of your shirt determine your moves? Like Red would be Mario style and Green could be Link's, etc etc...

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Miis as playable characters, huh? That actually sounds like a great idea...as long as their voices are not as obnoxious as they are in Mario Kart 7...

@B3ND3R Nah, that wouldn't work in teams where you have a set color.

PerezBro99

PerezBro99 said:

NO MIIS PLEASE. It would be HORRIBLE. smash bros is about nintendo franchises!!! I, personally, don't count the "Wii" games a franchise. Just try to imagine the online, it will be flooded with miis everywhere.

Polaris

Polaris said:

I like how they are getting creative with the game. I wouldn't have expected that, but it's a great idea!

IKAY

IKAY said:

I smell a Smash Bros. StreetPass puzzle! Maybe I smell something else, too... sniff, sniff Yeah, smells also like a new character that is to be announced, soon.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I think this is going to be the first game EVER where I buy both the home-console version AND the portable version at the same time! Time to start saving my streetpass coins so I can buy this! That'll work right?

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

nice see now that is a character to see not like wii fit trainer >.> and agree NO miis

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@TeeJay Well, if its moves based on what shirt you have on in the mii plaza, then it doesn't matter what color your team is... I mean, since I wear green in mii plaza, my mii (assumingly) would have link's moves, and if I'm on the blue team, I will just be like link on the blue team... I see what you mean with teams, but I'm talking shirt color on your mii OUTSIDE the game determining the moves of your mii..

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

This... is amazing. I'm finally starting to see something cool in the exclusivity of each version's features.

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

@Knuckles_Claus i didn't say it wasnt a adventure mode shot, in fact it would be surprising if it wasnt. i was saying it was odd that he didnt like master hand.