Ten Games Discounted in European eShop Sale

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Demos and free apps, too

During this morning's Nintendo Direct broadcast in Europe it was announced that there would be a sale promotion on the platform, to celebrate its one year anniversary. Ten titles will be available at 20% off, with half being reduced this week and the others next week: details are below.

22/06/2012 — 14:59 CET 28/06/2012

Pullblox — £4.30
Zen Pinball 3D — £3.60
Let's Golf! 3D — £4.30
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX — £4.30
Super Mario Land — £2.90

15:00 CET 28/06/2012 — 14:59 CET 05/07/2012

Dillon's Rolling Western
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive!
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
Mighty Switch Force!
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Demos are available to download now for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, with both titles due to arrive at retail in July. In addition, SEGA has announced that Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics 2012 Virtual Card Application will arrive soon, a free download where you collect 70 cards via StreetPass, wireless internet, Nintendo Zone or with Play Coins. Some cards will only be available from download hotspots, and you must collect all cards by September to unlock a special extra.

So, plenty going on in the European eShop. Do any of these details push your buttons?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

:O ... and we just get a sale on SML!? >:[ Hope we get something equal announced soon. Great for you guys though!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Retro_on_theGo I know, that's rather strange that NA just gets one game reduced. 20% is quite a small decrease for a single week promotion, however, but now I'm just sounding ungrateful ;)

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I knew sales would start as soon as I bought Dillon's... I bought it a week after E3... Blast. My total savings would have been enough to get Link's Awakening...

Hopefully they bring this to America too, even if I already spent all my eshop credit...

luminalace

luminalace said:

Oh man I own all of them except for Fun Fun Touch Golf and Dillon's Rolling Western. Also I'm broke!

Late

Late said:

I have some of those games already but I think I'll get Zen Pinball and Rolling Western now that they are cheaper.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I'm pretty annoyed. Why? I have all those games already! >:(
And I am really angry about it!!!!!

But, I guess you should all go and grab a bargain! That olympic app sounds pretty cool, a great way to get everyone in the olympic spirit!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Already doWnloaded all of them. Do I get some kind of re-imbursement for price drop? No? Demos are a welcome announcement

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Well, because I'm amazing I already own 6 of these 10 games. That leaves Minigolf Touch and Lets Golf which I still wont buy Nintendo (garbage), Mighty Switch Force and Zen Pinball. So I suppose I'll be getting one of those. :3

welsh_gamer

welsh_gamer said:

Already own the majority of those, but may get one of the golf games.

Zen Pinball 3D would by my favourite from that selection. So addictive!

SaSoBe

SaSoBe said:

Perhaps it's time to pick up some of these titles now. But wait, the discount are for all European countries, right? Not just those with Euro as currency?

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Own 7/10 of them already. :( At least I can get Dillon's Rolling Western now, I was put off by the high price.

Crafton

Crafton said:

This is great news, was on the fence for Mighty Switch Force but I'll certainly get it at the reduced price now :)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

@James - I understand that but you know as well as I do the eShop is most likely massively over-priced in the first place. Nintendo KNOW that and that's why they're offering these "discounts". In fact they KNEW that. They should have been priced like this before, maybe even less. To be fair Nintendo have "re-imbursed" Nintendo customers before with the 20 free GBA downloads and the free NES game on wiiware when the web browser price was reduced from 500 points to zero. They should do that now, because of this "over-price" issue imho

belmont

belmont said:

I may buy something if I find a Card but there don't seem to be available...

Cipher

Cipher said:

Taking the opportunity to get Super Mario Land and Dillon's Rolling Western while they're on offer. Maybe even Mighty Switch Force! as well.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID
You bought it at the old price because you thought it was worth your money, right? It wasn't overpriced for you. Sales are great for bringing in people who don't value the games as highly as you. It's fair as fair can be. If you thought it was overpriced, you shouldn't have bought it. Right?

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID by offering discounts Nintendo are doing what every other company has done for decades. I think Babybells are overpriced. I didn't feel like Tesco needed to reimburse me when they had them on offer for two weeks. Chill out.

James

James said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID I see what you're saying but that's crazy logic. Also the 3DS price drop knocked about £50-70 off the console's price — here we're talking pounds! Just enjoy what you have and think how lucky you are! :)

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

How come we only get 1 sale game? If we got the same deal as in Europe, there would be a couple of titles I would download. I already have SMB.

Doma

Doma said:

The funny thing here is that while discounted they're still more expensive than the default US store prices. I might get a couple, but not any GB. I tried that Myths and Monsters game i got from a free code and it was terrible. Blurry with no colour option (or any options for that matter)... i can't believe people would pay for this.

Stine

Stine said:

Wait, a sale? On a Nintendo platform? This means that I'm finally gonna buy Pullblox and Mighty Switch Force!

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Stine Good! ;) Mighty Switch Force is debatable, but Pullblox was well worth its original price - there's a huge amount of content in that game! They are both well worth £4.30 though and anyone who does not have any of the games on this list should download them right away! (other than Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH. Don't buy that)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@James Actually James you can do that here in the states. If bought from the same store and at anytime I. The next month it goes on sale you can take back your receipt for a refund of the difference.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Majority of the 3DSware games are kind of worth getting because they are good games and made with effort and care. I'd pay out for them to buy the games, support the service andkind of support the good work by the devs. I don't have psbox consoles or ios devices anymore so I can devote my budget to the. However I was refering to the eShop DL software prices which can't be comapred to retail prices of food! Completely different animal (though I used 3DS price reduction example because that was a Nintendo comapny price reduction). In the modern world they are most certainly high even though they come with a 3D effect. Nintendo gave no indication that they'd reduce prices. They've very rarely done that for wiiware or dsiware which are overpriced as well. For what its worth I would recommend those titles highly. It doesn't mean I wish they weren't 99p instead of 8 quid. Also over a periof of 18 months or so, how much could u potentially spend on the eShop? Close to 50 quid?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Sorry, yes, we are lucky to have such good quality games on the 3DS. Just "debating" DL price issues. :)

HaNks

HaNks said:

the 8-bit/GB games in particular are vastly overpriced to start with. these price drops are more like what the prices should be from the get go. and they're still overpriced IMO.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I read the article header as 'Discontinued' not 'Discounted' O_O Glad it's the latter, though I hope it affects NA, too!

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

I'm in NA, but this is nice. Already had most of the games anyway. Would liked to get Rolling Western though.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID the point wasn't the item in question, the point was that you can't expect to be reimbursed whenever there is areduction in price. A better example is Super Mario Galaxy - it is currently available for less than its launch price. I don't think anyone who bought that at launch expect or feel they are entitled to be paid back the difference in costs.

All in all, this is just 2 week of a very small amount of games being a little cheaper. Companies don't reduce prices as an 'acknowledgement that they are overpriced', especially not for such a short period of time, they reduce prices to encourage further sales.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Damn you nintendo you really want my money don't you. There is 3 games there I want on the list that I am going to get but I am going to have to pick up a points card or 2 in the next week.

I will be getting Pullbox, MSF and DRL and I still have to pick up mutant mudd. :(

Henmii

Henmii said:

Finally, sales! Sadly, the few interesting games are the games I have already!
But I also see 2 new, interesting demo's! And that Mario and Sonic application: I don't know, but it will be free! Could be fun stuff, like the Pokedex 3D. Hopefully it doesn't munch to much SD card space, like Pokedex 3D did!

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Does this apply to NOA too? i want that discounts too. I only have zen pinball and the other games are on my wishlist.

Gumballamiyumi

Gumballamiyumi said:

i can FINALLY Get dillon's rollung western,AND buy some retro games! i've been meaning to get it loads but there are alot of good gameboy,gamegear,NES games in there.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Ah, nice to see people buying things at the original RRP and then complaining of BETRAYAL and MISTRUST and WHY WASN'T I INFORMED OF THIS A YEAR IN ADVANCE when a sale happens. You... you folks are aware of what a sale is, aren't you?

Please?

H_Hog

H_Hog said:

Silly Nintendo, selling games for 20% off on your Anniversary sale... Pullblox and Link's Awakening for €4,80? That's cool, now what am I gonna spend the remaining €0,20 on when everything else besides your OTHER anniversary sales are rounded to whole euro's?...oooooh Super Mario Land is €3,20... yeah, I see what you done there, Nintendo.

ScruffyYoshi

ScruffyYoshi said:

20% is pretty poor, Should be around 50%. Still this is their first sale so thats a step in the right direction to stimulate sales.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Europeans - buy tons of games and convince Ninty that sales are profitable!

I'd buy SML here in the US, but I already got it.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@Retro_on_theGo,

Don't worry I just went into the e-shop yesterday & there was a banner saying:

Game of the weekend

So we might still get the same games that the UK is getting with the lower price's maybe just one weekend at a time. At least that's what I'd assume with the banner in the e-shop saying:

Game of the weekend

It's cool with me that way besides the only one I have left to download on that list is:

Mighty Switch Force

It's either a price drop or club nintendo with using my coin's.

Hoping this will be club nintendo games of the month for july. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

You Europeans got lucky there. Hope we can share the luck over here soon.

So I would note, not only are there sales on the eShop, they are for games that are actually good, not just a bunch of crap no one will buy. Still you will find people complaining, as is customary.

Bane

Bane said:

Lol at first i though it said Discontinued and not Discounted, imma so eshtupid

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I ain't complaining, but it sure is a bummer that both the Vita and 3DS are taunting us with digital sales in Europe only at the very same time. Bad luck for us I suppose.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Also, I agree with Token_Girl, I'm going to buy Super Mario Land just so Nintendo gets the point about sales working. And I hope Ymmas is right about getting another sale next weekend that's a pretty good hypothesis.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@sinalefa - Stop saying Europe is lucky with this sale. Please realise that eShop games in Europe are on average 30% more expensive than in the US. That means that even with this sale we're still paying 10% more than you.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Geonjaha

Yeah, I know the pricing is crazy, with the parity between Euros or Pounds not matching to the USD prices. I was talking about how you have discounts on ten games while we only have one game on sale. No offense intended, though.

Still, I hope these sales work so you can have them over there all the time so you don't have to pay that much for games.