North America Gets 3DS eShop Demo Tomorrow

Posted by James Newton

Everybody's happy

North America: you get the first 3DS demo tomorrow.

The service launches with a free demo of Resident Evil Revelations, with Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games due next week.

Nintendo of America also confirms future demos for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and Rayman Origins.

Stay tuned for more as we get it.

FREE NINTENDO 3DS GAME DEMOS HEAD TO NINTENDO ESHOP

Resident Evil Revelations Demo Available Tomorrow

REDMOND, Wash., Jan. 18, 2012 - Nintendo 3DS™ owners soon will be able to play free downloadable demo versions of select games. Starting tomorrow, owners can go to the Nintendo eShop to download a free demo version of Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom. A free demo version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ published by SEGA will launch on Jan. 26. The Nintendo eShop will be periodically updated with new game demos.

"The demo program allows Nintendo 3DS players to be among the first to test-drive select games," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director and general manager of Network Business. "Players can try out new genres or series, often weeks before the full versions are available in stores."

Additional demos coming soon include Rayman® Origins from Ubisoft and METAL GEAR SOLID® Snake Eater 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment. Specific dates and other games in the demo program will be announced at a later time.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Good, but we get 3DS demo tomorrow, not demos. Oh Nintendo, why do you have string things out so much.

Karakato

Karakato said:

@Navi Nah, they just love to look for something to complain about. Anyway, I'm excited to finally try out RE:R after playing that demo on the Mercs game to see how far it has improved. Also, can't wait to try out Rayman, loved the console version, hopefully this isn't gimped.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Hmm... not really the demos I'd hoped for. I'm not a Resident Evil fan, so I'm not even going to bother with the demo.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Finally although I'm not really interested in any of the demos (I will at least try them though) that come out tomorrow it's nice to see that demos are finally coming out in NA though.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I'd like a demo of Sonic Generations. I'm almost certain it will happen. Sega is good about putting demos out.

Portista

Portista said:

I hate horror games, so I will only try RE once. But I will play MaSaOG for quite a while.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I see Nintendo is doing different demos for different regions again... :( Why can't we all get the same stuff?

Mok

Mok said:

Good on you, americans. Maybe you'll stop the incessant crying for just a little bit.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Well, at least there will be something worth a damn in this update, finally.

rjejr

rjejr said:

So are these demos you get to keep or do they disappear when you turn off your system like the DS demos you can DL from the Wii?

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

CerealKiller is mad! :D

@rjejr I've read somewhen, that in Japan the Revelations demo lasted a certain ammount of time you put into it.

I wonder how big these demos are, gonna need a bigger SDcard. ^^

@ BattleToad: The Rayman Origins demo is also the one I would be most excited for. Hopefully we get an chance to test it, too. :x

metafaniel

metafaniel said:

THE NINTENDO 3DS CAN'T BE BETTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW I though nothing would stop me from playing Mario Kart 7, now this will do (for a while) HAHAHA! Great! This new service will be awesome! And be able to download it as the console it's closed it's nice too for those of us we're working at the office =D

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Oh no. I wanted the demo of Cooking Mama 4!! AMERICAN RAGE!!!!!!!!!! :O

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@rjejr: From what I understand, you can keep them but you can only play them so many times (~30 I think)

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

was going to use Feb to finish paying off mass effect 3 and kid Icarus but i don't know depending on how good the demo is

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm afraid that the demo is all 3DS will get special. Will we still get Sakura Samurai and/or Lock 'N' Chase, or will this demo be it?

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@brandon: According to the release, this is the only demo we're getting tomorrow. It's possible that more will be added later

joevox316

joevox316 said:

@Portisanta I also hate horror games, so I shan't be downloading this. I'm not a big fan of Mario/Sonic Olympic games either, so...but I will download it anyway. Maybe it'll convert me. I just hope they don't decide to take the demos down "just because" like they did with WiiWare.

B-Ray97

B-Ray97 said:

Finally demo`s!
I`m looking forward to all the other demo`s this year!
I hope kid icarus: uprising!!!

Kirowan

Kirowan said:

This is good news. A demo is a smart way to get gamers interested in the most expensive 3DS title to date.

bahooney

bahooney said:

It's easy for you guys in Europe to call out the Americans for whining (and I totally admit I have been doing so incessantly) because you guys have been getting everything early AND coupled with announcements so you know when things actually happen! I feel like America's the new Europe of the '90s... wouldn't be surprised if the American Wii U only ran in 50HZ. Regardless, I'm happy we're getting this tomorrow, awesome.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Eh, at least we're finally getting them...even though I don't care for RE...lol

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

@CerealKiller

Nope. Most of us Americans are actually very whiny, and always will look for a way to complain.

@Article
Awesome! Although I'm not sure if I can get RE.
Hmmm... Well, I don't like horror anyways.

sirmarcelot

sirmarcelot said:

I hope south america gets them too! I still wonder why we didn't get Netflix yet, since the service already is available here, even on Wii...

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Awesome! This is the one demo I want most followed by Snake Eater. Thanks Reggie! You made my day.

As for all you people who don't care about Resident Evil, that's the whole point of a demo... to try a game you may not otherwise give a second look too. It's free, so everybody should download this one.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

@59

I hope the same for all of the upcoming games. I'd test drive Fire Emblem: Awakening, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus: Uprising (like you said), and Smash Bros.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

AWWWWW YEAAAAHHH!!!
I can't freakin' WAIT to get home from school tomorrow!

And BTW, all of you American Nintendo fans, stop making us look bad. We get a demo. It may not be one you like, it may not be the best, but GOT-DANG. We get a demo. Be happy.

Noire

Noire said:

Where is my free 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, Nintendo of America?! This proves that you hate us all!

milkman12

milkman12 said:

@60
its called fire emblem:KAKUSAI. thats the new one coming out. fyi, kakusai translates to "arousal" in english from japanese. Arousal is a physiological and psychological state of being awake.

@22
wow. that is really racist.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@LordJump
I wasn't actually refering to the demo itself. I was wondering if NOA is still going to release an awesome FULL game or if they will just release the demo, a couple dsiware, and pat themselves on the back for a job well done?

Hokori

Hokori said:

cant wait I know ill pick this up someday but this will get me more hyped.

Zero123

Zero123 said:

Australia better get this because anyone who says America isnt lucky with game releases and Netflix and all that jaz. Think again Australia is the worst we get everything last, they announce everything a week after Europe and America got the good news (or they never announce it and we just hope it comes), we dont have a Netflix program thingy "yet" which they could just make a Foxtel program and they havent even announced the idea of demos for Australia (and we have no R rating for games AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want Mortal Kombat Now!)

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Get ready for extra super cranked-up 3DDDD...... I'm a gonna turn the lights down low and grab the headphones for this one.

Progamer

Progamer said:

It probably will have a limited amount of plays, if it was unlimited Nintendo would be broke.

Hokori

Hokori said:

its a total of 30 times, but honestly is that a problem? I mean whos going to still be "unsure" about the game by then?? who plays a demo 30 + times??

Progamer

Progamer said:

There might be a way to extend the 30 plays limit. Need to experiment with it first though. hehe

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@TysonQ7

i admit i tend to get whiny and complain about those who paint with too broad a brush.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

Feb.7,2012 Nintendo 3DS is no longer a boy - he becomes a man bring on the M rated games Nintendo... Yes... Next Metal Gear Solid 3D now we have a system 3DS fans... I think I just shed a little tear...

James

James said:

The 3DS eShop is updated at 9am PST. You have to wait until then.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

@89 that was a distraction much like our teenage years, it was just a small taste of the goodness to come but the main course is almost upon us and I for one cannot wait cause from what I've read it's gonna be awesome and we already know Metal Gear Solid is awesome also @89 if you are keeping count we have had Driver Renegade as well with an M rating but it was kinda just a bump in the road LOL. No we are about to get our blood and guts games and their gonna be kick butt games.

Mok

Mok said:

@Will-75: "Their"? Your post was brilliant until that last moment of the last sentence. Perhaps you can spend some time in school a few months until the next big game release, learn something useful, and then come back. I'm sure your parents would be delighted.