Grab a Blue Classic Controller with Sonic Colours Down Under

Posted by James Newton

And the figures too

The Sonic Colours Special Edition with the Wisp figures is all well and good, but what it's really lacking is an awesome blue Classic Controller. Thankfully now gamers down under can grab themselves a branded Classic Controller when the game launches later this year.

Retailer JB Hi-Fi has the bundle available for AU$89.00, pretty cheap compared to the AU$115 being asked for GoldenEye: 007's Classic Controller Pro package.

Will this tempt you to grab Sonic's upcoming Wii adventure?

[via jbhifionline.com.au]

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

I prefer the old classic controller to be honest, this looks like a win!

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Maybe the extra button is a turbo for Sonic to go even FASTER! Whoosshhhh :-p

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I like having everything being white to match my Wii, but a blue Sonic old-school classic controller is so sexy. If it comes to the US, I might just have to get it.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Dazza You're not alone, the original Classic controller is my fav too, you just don't get that classic Retro SNES feeling with the Pro. And Bluh to handles I say! Anyways, I'll probably pass on the Blue CC, But I wouldn't mind the figurines that come with it.

Other_DaveStaff

Other_Dave said:

Actually, the extra button does kinda look like it says TURBO underneath.

Cool looking pad.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

It does but.. I bet they also could've added a download ticket for sonic the hedgehog 1,2,3 or 4

Rasche

Rasche said:

This makes me so jealous. Lol. I'd love to have a blue classic controller that said Sonic on it.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

Man, that controller looks pretty awesome, especially due to the fact that you can't even find a regular CC in stores anymore, they were all replaced by the Pro once it released. I must say, if this makes it over to the US, I might just have to pick it up, despite not being a Sonic fan. Glad to see that this one is cheaper than the GoldenEye bundle, whose price point I wasn't fond of. (Paying full price for the controller, just for a gold coat of paint? No, thanks.)

Also, I agree with the "down with handles" group...

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

I have the original and Super Famicom classic controllers, I would most likely buy this one too, hopefully comes to Europe. As a fan of the originals I'll be getting the game anyway (heres hoping its good).

The 'pro' just didn't appeal to me either btw...

VGC

VGC said:

Now, just asking, how much would this be in american dollars? This must be a euro site or something >.>

They even spell colors "Colours" lol

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@VGC: Nintendo Life is indeed a UK-based site, and the official EU/PAL release of this game is in fact titled "Sonic Colours" as shown in the image.

irken004

irken004 said:

That is a nice looking controller. Throwing in some figures is a good addition too!

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I like the CC Pro with proper Wii games, but I use the original CC for my SNES games. Still, if it does come to the UK I'll pass, since I simply don't have the money.

/student budget

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I'm not sure its genuine. A simple spot the difference game:
Wii logo is missing on Sonic one and that extra button.

And yes there are cloned classic controllers about (look perfect as they're probably made with the same mold and plastics but there is no quality control hence a rock-bottom price so they have weird bugs like not working with VC games or stiff buttons) you can even get them to match Red, Blue, pink and black remotes (it doesn't take much to follow this logic to a conclusion). They usually skip printing the Wii logo as well.

Edit: Reading up a bit more on these things the extra buttons are usually turbo and slow (remember the days when they relevant...)

Sonic1994CD

Sonic1994CD said:

That is cool hey I notice something going on with speical color classic controllers hmm maybe they make a speical mario classic controller.

jack0

jack0 said:

wats got into nintendo australia have they relised that we dont like getting games 4 months after everyone else, and now they are making it up to us?

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Very cool. Good for you, Aussies! :) As much as I want this game, I probably wouldn't pick up the Special Edition. Not enough scratch. :$

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Hmm blue CC is tempting. I want the Gold one more though but its much more expensive but it comes with a game I want more than this. I can't decide! In the end I'll end buying both controllers off eBay.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

very cool - might tempt me to buy the game as long as it gets good reviews. Sega sure do love their peripherals seeing as All Stars Racing had the blue Wii Wheel

Azikira

Azikira said:

OMG, I have TOO many Collectors Editions to pick up in the next few months. Sorry sonic, your gunna have to sit this one out D:

Sushie

Sushie said:

I'm so jealous right now, I want all that. Offer that in the states and I will preorder fo sho.

Aviator

Aviator said:

@44 Colours in EU, Colors in America.

I could get this from JB Hi-Fi or, I could get the Sonic Hat from EB Games.

OR, I could not get the game.

Nintendo-is-my-love

Nintendo-is-my-love said:

COOL and i must admit i 2 do like the original cc better and ive never bought any sonic games but i will definatly buy this because i dont really dislike sonic. i like the figureens that come with it thats pritty cool i hope its not all just a rumour

SnaffyTheGator

SnaffyTheGator said:

I'm getting this!
Besides, my Gamecube controller went bust, and to Controller Heaven!
Now I can play Mario Kart 64 properly!

imapterodactyl

imapterodactyl said:

The old classic controller's analog sticks are too close together, and made it a huge pain to play Geometry Wars. Everything else about it is fine, but the Pro is just more functional, so I'll be skipping this.

Yoshi_2000

Yoshi_2000 said:

Hmm, might have to change Super Scribblenauts christmas to Sonic Colours christmas...

Wolfo

Wolfo said:

I prefer the classic controller pro because the separation between analog sticks.