Kirby Mini-Games Now Available on North American eShop

Posted by Alex Olney

Straight from Triple Deluxe

You can now download two of the mini-games from Kirby: Triple Deluxe from the eShop without buying the full title if you happen to live in North America.

The two games in question are Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe and promise to contain enhanced gameplay features rather than just being a straight port from the original cartridge. For example, Dedede's title has seven additional stages on top of the standard version's.

Should you already own Kirby: Triple Deluxe and have StreetPass data for it, you can get even more content from the additional downloadable versions of the mini-games.

Both games are available for $6.99 each on the North American eShop.

Are you willing to splash cash again for these extra features, or have you been spoilt by the value of Mario Kart 8's recent add-on content announcement?

shibbyduckegg

shibbyduckegg said:

@Tsurii897 I believe they're expanded version of the games, with new levels. The article does mention this vaguely. I think Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe has more levels, and Kirby Fighters Deluxe has more fighters.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

If this reaches europe, ill definitly get the fighters one ;)
I was rather disappointed that the minigame only featured a handfull of copy powers, as the minigame itself was a blast to play.

Late

Late said:

I'll wait till sale. Kirby Fighters looks like a lot of fun but I'll rather wait.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I wonder if StreetPass data means just having it created on the 3DS or if you must actually have StreetPassed someone to get the additional content.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I really enjoyed Triple Deluxe, insanely clever at times and the key chains are amazing, but I hate these mini-games. I'll never achieve 100% on my file because of them.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

I will gladly get both mini games. Seven additional stages for Dedede's Drum Dash? Totally worth the value! And I played the originals in the full game.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

There's also a new Puzzle Swap puzzle for the games. Thank goodness I just completed the Mega Man one!

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Oh great I don't have to get the full game then.....wait say if I wanted to get the main game down the road.....would there be a discount?

gage_wolf

gage_wolf said:

$6.99!?!?!? Seriously, someone at NoA needs to wake up and look around. These are mini-games! I can buy full-fledged games on Steam for the same price.

Volmun

Volmun said:

definitly getting Kiby Fighters Z (Delux) as iv been looking at the JPN Miiverce of it and realy like the new additions from what iv seen but unsure on DrumDash

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

2.99 or 3.99 I'd probably pick these up. Guess i'll sale wait this (and that may be awhile, if ever).

millarrp

millarrp said:

I may get these eventually but I think I will wait until it goes on sale. Thanks to the Mario Kart dlc and the Capcom sale I spent all of my eStore credit.

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

I still haven't even gotten the full game ;___; (stupid being broke). I do have a little cash in the eshop though so I'm tempted to get Dedede's Drum to tide me over.

Inkling

Inkling said:

Well today I went out to my GAME store and pre-ordered Smash 3DS so I'll get this later when it comes to Europe

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

I'd buy the Kirby Fighters again if it included online. I get bored fighting CPUs.

Furealz

Furealz said:

This was free in Japan if you bought Kirby Triple Deluxe. No point in getting it then, I already have the game! :(

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'll get Kirby Fighters Deluxe at least. Dedede's Drum Dash, while fun, can be pretty tough, and this new game would be even tougher.

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@Phantom_R What the heck, I'll try. Or at least I'll give you a bit of a rundown based on what I've played from Triple Deluxe.

Drum Dash has some pros and cons over other rhythm games, depending on your tastes. If you lean heavily into the music side of things, wanting a lot of syncopation and time signature changes and such, you might be disappointed here. Drum Dash's foundation is in the standard beat of each song, whether slow or fast. Drum Dash, however, also doesn't quite put you "on rails" as much as other rhythm games. Your height is adjustable, you can choose to hop onto or over certain objects, and you'll need to plan your route through a stage in order to collect the most coins and get the highest scores.

Personally, I enjoy it, but I'm a big fan of Kirby music and Dedede in general.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

@TimLatshaw Kirby music is certainly a beast of its own. It's so obnoxiously J-pop (which I normally can't stand) and ill-fitting yet somehow it works so well.
So would you say Drum Dash is more like being rewarded for attacking/jumping in a non-rhythm game to the beat, just for fun? But is ten stages really enough challenge for someone who's already wrecked HarmoKnight?

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

I'm sure I'll bite for the Kirby Fighters game, since that seems like a Lite version of Smash Bros. but with only Kirby as a playable character, but was really hoping for these games to be $4.99 instead...

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@Phantom_R I'd say it's kind of like that, yeah.

I bought the game last night to add to my Kirby collection. You get 7 stages with it (none of which are from Triple Deluxe), but then those stages on higher difficulties after beating them. Overall, though, $7 does seem a bit high for what you get.

arielp

arielp said:

i bought it for my son's 2DS, i already have the Kirby Triple Deluxe,

the bad thing is that Kirby Fighter and Kirby Fighter Deluxe ARE NOT COMPATIBLE for Multi Player...

come on nintendo, i really i can have full featured play with my son (vs limited selection Download Play)

too bad....

crzysortagamer

crzysortagamer said:

Smart move. I bought Triple awhile back and resold it. I needed the money but wanted the online and multiplayer so this was perfect. They got 34from me for the game new and 6.99 from me as well and I am happy.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

"should you already own Kirby: Triple Deluxe and have StreetPass data for it, you can get even more content from the additional downloadable versions of the mini-games."
I don't like this kind of move. If you don't own the Kirby TD game you might be put off buying these because content is locked due to that while if you own Kirby TD the new content might not be enough for your to buy.

@arielp It doesn't support multiplayer? My first thought when this game came out was "oh I guess if you have 2 systems you could use this for multiplayer and it is cheaper than buying a second Kirby TD"

maths

maths said:

I just bought Kirby Fighters on impulse and am pleasantly surprised. It seems totally worth the $7 to me as they added several new stages and abilities to the Triple Deluxe version. This will definitely keep me entertained and whet my appetite for Smash Bros.!

arielp

arielp said:

@Starwolf_UK it does support multiplayer, but it does not compatible with KTD, only compatible with Kirby Fighter Deluxe...

so if you have KTD on System A, you cannot duel with KFD on System B
tried it myself..

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

That seems a bit pricey even if they did add more content... they were pretty shallow games to begin with.
I must suck, because I didn't get the DeDe Drum game at all. Like I couldn't even get through part of the first one. I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing.
I played the Fighters one a bit, but I got bored with it. There's a lot of good selections, but its again pretty simple. I guess that would be more fun if you had friends to play with. It is pretty much Kirby-themed Smash Bros super light.

Such angry Kirby!

Shane904

Shane904 said:

A question for those with them:
By StreetPass data, does it mean you just need to put in the cartridge and allow StreetPass for it? Can you delete the StreetPass data after that and keep the unlocked content?

rjejr

rjejr said:

@arielp @Starwolf_UK - My kids are playing multiplayer "download play" now w/ 1 copy of Kirby Fighters on 1 3DS and some DL content onto the other, if that helps anybody. DL player is limited to 1 of 3 abilities - sword, cutter, beam - but all 7 backgrounds are available. My kids are smart enough to hand-off their 3DS to each other to keep things fairer. They think it would work w/ 3 players but they don't want to stop to let me join, so I'm typing this.

ReaperX30

ReaperX30 said:

I don't own the original game but after watching the trailer on Nintendo website the Fighter game looks pretty tempting. I might have to spoil myself. ;)