Over the past weekend we reported that The Pokémon Company was teasing a special announcement; the time has come and the big news is either awesome or disappointing, depending on personal taste. The company has re-launched the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" promotion in the U.S. — sorry, Canada and the rest of the world.
This is essentially a prize hunting promotion, in which you watch videos closely for codes and follow clues — once you've passed an initial test and registered — to be entered into a sweepstakes. There'll be a fresh round of clues and challenges each week, with a number of prizes on offer. This promotion will run for four consecutive weeks, with the final segment closing on 12th October, the launch date of Pokémon X & Y.
The following prizes will be up for grabs each week.
- One Nintendo 3DS Handheld Video Game System
- Nine Pokemon Trading Card + Figure Box (3 Designs)
- Twenty Black 2 White 2 Official National Pokédex & Guide
- Sixteen Pokémon Plush Toys (4 different characters)
- Four Pokémon X Nintendo 3DS Game Download Codes
- Four Pokémon Y Nintendo 3DS Game Download Codes
To enter you need to watch the first video closely — below — and spot a six character code, which you then use to register on the official website. Once in you can get involved in chasing down the many clues over the next four weeks; if you're in the U.S. — under-13s will need permission — then this may be worth a go. There are 3DS goodies — and others — on the line, after all!