Wii Party U Dated, Will Come Bundled With a Wii Remote Plus Controller

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

All for $49.99

Update:

Wii Party U will also arrive in Wii Remote Plus bundles in Europe, dated for 25th October. Listed as "Limited Quantity", there'll be the option of white or black controllers.

Original article:

As part of Nintendo of America's major information drop today, it's confirmed that Wii Party U Wii Party U will be released in the region on 25th October, will be bundled with a Wii Remote Plus and have a suggested retail price of $49.99.

The inclusion of a Wii Remote Plus unsurprisingly positions this as a Wii U equivalent of Wii Play, which sold in impressive numbers as it offered a mini-game collection and a controller for the price of a standard game. Combined with the Wii U price cut it could be a key release when targeting families that are considering an upgrade to the hardware. It's also a title that promises a good deal of fun and playful usage of the GamePad, as we explained in our Wii Party U first impressions earlier in the summer.

Will you be tempted to pick this up at that price, especially with a Wii Remote Plus included? Let us know in the comments below.

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

Looks like i'll be getting this after all. For $50 plus a Wii Remote Plus I really have no reason to pass this game up.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I will... anyone know when it's released in UK?

And is this a successor to Wii Play or Wii Party? That will hugely affect my decision to buy this...

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I'm not sure we'll get European details today, as offices are closing. I think NoA has caught everyone on the hop!

Zach777

Zach777 said:

@LavaTwilight

To answer your question I will redirect your attention to the game title: Wii Party U.
Now, you have two options on which one this will be a follow-up to... Hhhhmmmmmm.............

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Wow, is it Christmas already, Nintendo? Price cuts, bundles, new, cheaper hardware....

Include a black wiimote and you have a deal.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I wish Nintendo would offer me a way to send back my original wiimotes and motion plus attachments to get a discount on upgrading to the new remotes.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I wasn't interested in this before, but since the price is just $50, I might consider it now.

luminalace

luminalace said:

While this is good, how many parents are going to think this is a new game and controller bundle for the original Wii?

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Hmm, maybe we can find WiiU Party at a discounted price... because we have five Wii remotes, haha. Not all are motion plus, so maybe I can just sell one.

Edit: All are motion plus, but two use the adapter.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I'm guessing it's $20 by itself. I already have 4 Wii remote +s complete with nunchucks, and classic pro controllers. There's no way I'll ever need any bundle Nintendo makes.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I was going to buy this even if they didn't include the Wii motion plus. It just speed up the time it will take me to buy it to within 2 weeks instead of during/ after Christmas.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I want it! I already have 4 wiimotes but only 1 is plus, the other has motion plus. I can sell any of them to have a better wiimote plus.

jdarrell

jdarrell said:

I've been wanting a plus controller since Wii U launch, but couldn't find any sales and the unofficial ones look like crap. Problem solved!

Mahe

Mahe said:

This is a great deal. The game looks promising, and you can never have too many Wiimotes.

rmeyer

rmeyer said:

I didn't realize this was coming with a controller this is an excellent deal

Discostew

Discostew said:

I was looking at my local store for a Plus for $40. Decided not to get one yet, and now, I'm glad I made that choice.

alrighthearthis

alrighthearthis said:

I was going to pick this up at some point. Since it's bundled with a Wii Remote Plus I guess that will be launch day now.

rjejr

rjejr said:

So, $20 DL? Gamestop should have this used for $10 after Christmas. Maybe before.

so this onslaught of news is all NoAs doing? Does that mean Reggie is to blame for not promoting this news a bit? If you have this much info under your belt at least announce some big news is coming. I'm losing track of it all.

I'm expecting a summary article by days end.

fortius54

fortius54 said:

I'm on this one. Between this and the Skylanders, Infinity, and the first-party stuff, I'm not going to have a dime left to my name.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Clever Nintendo, suddenly making people interested in this game like that. I only have one Remote Plus so far, so I could certainly use another. Beats having to break out the Motion Plus add-ons. :P

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Like most people, I have more regular Wiimotes lying around than WM+. I'm likely to pick this deal up.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Will there be download codes to buy with Wiimote included?
Wii Party U is one of those games I'd like to download, but I don't want to miss the controller either.

Senario

Senario said:

Well uh...Since controllers are $50 anyway I can't see why you wouldn't just pick this bundle up if you were going to get another wii mote anyway.

I need to upgrade my other Wii motes with Wii motion+, the one remote I have from Skyward sword just controls so much better and it is noticeable on games like Pikmin 3 and Nintendoland.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I would probably get the game if there was a download version for a discounted price. I've already got 4 wii motion plus controllers

deusy

deusy said:

I'll get this if it comes to Australia! I'm always after more MotionPluses.

element187

element187 said:

I needed a new Wii remote plus anyways, so Wii U Party for 10$? Awesome.... I hope they have some as a download code, I don't want a physical disc... I need to fill up this 1,500 GB drive with Nintendo published goodness.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

@element187
"I hope they have some as a download code, I don't want a physical disc..."

I was about to say the same thing then I say you beat me to it! I still get annoyed that I have to pop in Nintendo Land when friends come over...

SergeantBaldwin

SergeantBaldwin said:

Meh. We already own four Wii remote Plus controllers, so an extra one would be superfluous - why not also offer the game by itself, at a steep discount?