Senran Kagura Burst Confirmed For Physical And 3DS eShop Release In Europe

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rip off your clothes in joy

It has been confirmed today that Senran Kagura Burst will be receiving a European release on the 3DS next year.

Already confirmed for launch on the 3DS eShop in North America, this side-scrolling fighter will be going one better in Europe, where it will also be getting a boxed version as well. European distribution will be handled by Zen United.

Here's the press release:

MAQL Europe, the European division of Japanese publisher MarvelousAQL, is pleased to announce that SENRAN KAGURA Burst will be released across Europe in Q1 2014, as both a physical and a digital release for Nintendo 3DS.

A frenetic, high-speed, side-scrolling beat ‘em up, SENRAN KAGURA Burst combines sexy female ninjas with an accomplished fighting system and a superb story. SENRAN KAGURA Burst is the starting point for those unfamiliar with the series, with two games’ worth of content. Included within is the entire original SENRAN KAGURA game, only ever released in Japan, plus a bonus second story that’s equal in size and scope to the first. In each story, players assume control of five female ninjas from one of two competing Academies - rival schools which covertly train students in the art of ninjitsu.

With a range of abilities including an advanced aerial combo system, and the series’ trademark action - which sees fighters’ clothes take damage for increasingly daring combat - SENRAN KAGURA and SENRAN KAGURA Burst have achieved critical and commercial success in Japan, selling nearly two hundred thousand units combined.

Support for the SENRAN KAGURA series by Western fans has been unequivocal and MAQL Europe is delighted to be able to bring this unique Nintendo 3DS title to the everenthusiastic and hungry community of niche Japanese videogame fans.

SENRAN KAGURA Burst is set to be released in Europe during Q1 2014, both as a physical retail release and a digital download. Distribution, PR and marketing are being handled by MAQL Europe’s partner, Zen United.

So, European gamers — will you be going digital or physical on this one?

magicsnake

magicsnake said:

Capcom has now no escuses for ace attorney 5 physical release, I mean this has 5 times less chance of suceeding in Eu than ace attorney !

Emblem

Emblem said:

Sweet was waiting for the EU release confirmation. 2014 is perfect as 2013 is already looking full across my platforms.

Shambo

Shambo said:

I've been wanting this game since I first read about it. Not just because of its... Well... Looks.

I imagined it could come to Europe on eShop, but that's not what I wanted. Now we get a physical copy too? THANKS! I always prefer physical. No innuendo intended.

Beechbone

Beechbone said:

Since it's kinda hard to get most of 3DS games where I live, I'll just go digital.

Placlu

Placlu said:

If they improve the frame rate and actually add 3D in the gameplay.. maybe I'll get it, but holy crap this game runs at 12fps in the HUB!!

DePapier

DePapier said:

@Placlu I knew there would be that kind of downer... :( Just like for Code of Princess, hot girls should NOT be a reason to allow breaking a game.

letsplay

letsplay said:

I just viewed Big Bust Basics: Transformations on youtube. Too funny. Now I get it.

Anclation

Anclation said:

Lol, I'm just gonna call in advance for a Waaahmbulance to pick up Anita Sarkeesian!

Placlu

Placlu said:

Nice to see it getting localised, heck I never thought it would, but there's other games that should be released over this. In my opinion.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I am not bothered about the hentai aspects to it.

If its really good I will get it. If I am not sure I will probably get it physical (With the intention to resell it but I will probably end up not bothering).

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I can't wait to have this game. I do think they will see more sales on the eShop though than retail. I'll be getting the download version for sure.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

It's reverse of Code of Princess which was released physically in North America and eShop only in Europe and Australia.

AVahne

AVahne said:

So Europeans are more accepting of seeing very Japanese items on shelves?
Curse the other Americans for having a conscious hatred for sensuality and an unconscious love for violence and murder.

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

No, boxed copy for us Americans. UGH. Well I'll be getting the game anyway. We got Code of Princess boxed.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I'm AMAZED we're getting a boxed release for this. Very happy, but still amazed. Love you, Zen United xoxo

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Yasume Yeah but there is no real reason Capcom cannot do a small initial print run. (Other than they think they can make more money by cutting out the used market). Compared to the rest of the costs the actual costs of making the carts will not be much.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Koto Most of europe is quite liberal about that sort of stuff. (The UK is pretty prudish like America though). Don't think something like Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! would be ok though. (I only know about it because I like SNK games generally.)

Doma

Doma said:

That's cool, might get it then since i don't use eShop. Its gameplay and plot intrigues me.

@accc Because Code of Princess.

NINTENCHIP

NINTENCHIP said:

If 200k sales across 2 games is success for these two games, then that means the budget to make them wasn't that high in comparison to other games out now. So no, this doesn't directly serve as proof that Capcom's decision was faulty.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I might just get this because cute girls.

That's literally I need to buy a game.