Code of Princess Receives Temporary Price Cut in North America

Posted by Andy Green

It's now in the eShop for just $19.99

Code of Princess was released in the North American 3DS eShop earlier this year and was given a starting price of $39.99. However, in May it was reduced by 25% to $29.99.

It's now received a further reduction, but this time its only temporary. You can now download Code of Princess for $19.99 until 28th July, which is half the original price.

This is a bit of a steal considering how good the game is. In our Code of Princess review we explained how the action RPG is one of the most appealing titles we've seen on the 3DS.

Will this temporary reduction in price have you rushing to the eShop? Let us know by leaving a comment.

[via siliconera.com]

King47

King47 said:

Might use my 30 from fe smt promotion for this. But I'll have to read your review later after work.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Its tempting but I am afraid I dont have any money to spend on games till August 2nd. :( This game has been on my list for awhile now too.

Skotski

Skotski said:

@AeroTech If you enjoy Arcade Beat-Em-Ups, you'll enjoy this game.
If you enjoyed Guardian Heroes, you'll enjoy this game and be glad to know it was by the same makers.
If you enjoy quirky dialogues with humor, you'll enjoy this game.

It's a tad short. Disappointingly so. But the side missions and replayability with all the unlockable characters extends its length greatly. And if you have friends with a copy of this game, VS and co-op can be fun as heck.
There's online multiplayer, but there's rarely anyone on there these days. You didn't miss too much though: The top-ranking players would spam cheap moves over and over again - and many sore losers would quit before their score could be officially recorded. There were a good number of fair fights here and there, and there were ways to counter the cheap players, but for the most part: Nothing really missed.

If there was a Miiverse or Community for this game, I get the feeling the online would definitely bloom again.
But I think this sale will get some people playing it again.

Overall, it's just a good-ol-fashion fun beat-em-up with RPG elements.
Storyline's short, but replayability is high.
Controls are solid. Art is beautiful. There's some slowdown when too much is happening on the screen, but if that doesn't bother you (or you see it as 'dramatic effect') then don't dock off any points.
And yeah. Just fun. Worth this price, most definitely.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

that's not a bad price for it at all, even if you can't resell it afterward. if you'd been on the fence about it before and were interested, it may be time to take the plunge. :3

DePapier

DePapier said:

Sure, but what this game needs first and foremost is an update. A friend of mine downloaded it here in Europe (no retail, no resale value), and told me the game have some dramatic framerate issues, which I don't believe should be acceptable for a fighting game.

Though yeah, for some games I tend to see that as a "dramatic effect." :)

Windy

Windy said:

This is awesome! For people who have been holding off on this one I totally recommend it. online might see more people soon :) Maybe it's time to fire up some CoP!

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

@DePapier: That's just half of the story. Sure, frame rates drop but only when there are a lot of elements on screen and there is some hazard hitting them all with the 3D on, and chances are you're going to get caught in the ruckus anyway. Moreover, those situations don't compose the whole game, just some of the harder stages, so i wouldn't call them "dramatic".

@Skotski: I have played online just once because of the inactive multiplayer rooms. So hopefully this price drop will revive it again, at least for a while.

element187

element187 said:

I'm still on the fence... I didn't like the $40 price at all, and was only planning on renting it from gamefly. Sigh, decisions decisions.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'm playing the physical copy of that game as we speak :) It's a slow start, but give it a couple missions and it starts being a really great game. Once you go against Baku Juppongi, you might wanna consider playing it multiplayer, though :P

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I guess now is finally the time to jump on this. I've been waiting for a good reason to. I guess that extra 30$ came in handy for this news!

Emblem

Emblem said:

I got this at launch and still play it and would pay for it again at the price i got it for (£25), the only problem is the frame rate issues that occasionally crop up. I only play single player because no one else i know has it but i can imagine multiplayer being awesome.

Erixsan

Erixsan said:

Well, i like the idea, but really I am saving money for my last 3 games:

Sonic Lost Worlds
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Mario & Luigi Team Dream

Of course, because I only buy digital games with prepaid cards because the physicals games cost 3X, so I will see what I do with the 30 - 45 extra bucks...

If I can, I will buy Luigi Mansion 2 or DK... Maybe the first, because the last week I brought SMT IV and with the promotion, i get RE Revelations... 7:30 hours of download T.T

MussakkuLaden

MussakkuLaden said:

Still not really "cheap" for a DCL, but at any rate, another game which really makes me wish to own a 3DS... ^^

JustinH

JustinH said:

Atlus drumming up money to pay off creditors, or Nintendo preparing its fans for a new second-party studio? You decide!

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

It is a good game but it does have its issues. My main gripe is that you can't skip the dialogue on repeating a level. That might sound minor but it gets really annoying.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@JustinH

I am starting to think the second one. This and Shin Megami Tensei IV, both Nintendo exclusives with tempting offers? Why we don't see discounts on Catherine or any other Atlus game on other platforms? Hmmm.

That said, I think I will take the plunge. I haven't even redeemed my $30 yet (Tensei has not arrived) so I can lessen the impact. And TBH, I would rather spend $20 on this than on Luigi U

Anyone knows the size of this download?

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

@sinalefa it's about 9000 blocks because of all the voice clips.

I would say that 29.99 is a bit too much for this game, but 19.99 is a good deal

thanos316

thanos316 said:

im downloading it now as we speak.. i hope this game is worth $20. i will report back and let yall know if im enjoying it or not

DashDG

DashDG said:

This game is worth only those 20 bucks and nothing more, there are plenty of much more better games on the eShop. Frame rate issues, lack of online players (from day one, not a sinlge match for me), Short game play, and very poor replay value. I always thought this should be a cheaper eShop niche title and nothing more... Dont get me wrong I paid 60 bucks for the Ltd Ed, and the art and music included are great, but thats it for me...

TonLoco

TonLoco said:

I enjoy it and play it for a few quick fights every now and then. I expected more from the game but it has good replay value with all the characters you can play as.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

I`ll buy it from the eshop, if this game comes to Europe with a 25% discount.

thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ said:

Ohh looks like it's time to finally get this, I've been meaning to for a while now.

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Had it. Sold it. Regretted selling it. Now I'm gonna buy it again. I think I willed this price drop actually. I want to say that you guys should probably thank me. So... you're welcome?

Bikeage

Bikeage said:

@gazamataz Hold the R button to fast forward cutscene dialog and get right to fighting. Bought the game when it was $30.... saving $10 would be nice but never felt it was not worth it.