Atlus Launches Code of Princess Site, Confirms Release Date

Posted by Damien McFerran

Pre-order bonuses revealed, along with new trailer

Atlus has today confirmed the final release date for its 3DS action RPG Code of Princess. 9th October 2012 is the special date — for North American players, at least, as the European launch has yet to be confirmed. Pre-orders will recieve a rather attractive art book, which also contains a CD with music from the game.

In addition to getting US gamers all excited, Atlus has also put the official Code of Princess site live. The site contains lots of lovely artwork, as well as content relating to the characters and back story behind the game.

As if all this wasn't enough, Atlus has also unleashed a new trailer to accompany the game, which examines the characters of Code of Princess in a little more depth.

Produced by some of the team behind the classic Sega Saturn action RPG Guardian Heroes, Code of Princess is certainly shaping up to be something special. Let us know in the comments section if you've already pre-ordered!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Yes! Damn, why two days after B/W2!?!? I got to preorder right now!I can't wait until October! It's going to be awesome!!

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

@Rockmirth: Allegro means "lively" or something similar in Italitan. I don't know about you but I was just thinking about the musical tempo indication... Also, he's carrying a guitar. So most likely that.

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

Oh come on, where's the European release date!? Even Nintendo thinks the European market is more receptive to JRPGs ;)

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

it seems interesting, but it's an Atlus title... I'll be waiting to see how the reviews pan out, I'm afraid.

Marks

Marks said:

Those panties.
I really hope they release this digitally on the eShop!

RR529

RR529 said:

Man, I need a new job. There are so many great games coming out this year, but at this rate I'll have to wait until Christmas until I get another chance at a retail game.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@Damien You may want to adjust the game overview release date since a North American release date has been announced according to the article. It still says "to be announced(USA)" for some reason.

Bane

Bane said:

If the gameplay of this game was more like Heroes of Ruin then i totally would buy it but i wont :l

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Like TBD, I will be waiting for reviews. Looks a bit like Muramasa's combat to me, and to me that was repetitive as hell.

Also, whose idea was to release this while the Pokétsunami starts bathing North American shores?

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Laughed a bit too much at Zozo's comment lol. It looks intresting but with all the great tittles coming out during the holiday reviews will be the deciding factor in me getting it or not.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

i love how Ali's 'bra' is bigger than hers. his has a lock on it, too.

i wonder what demographic this game is catering to??

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Oh Atlus, always launching this type of games with provocative character design...(now where is my luminous arc 3? :()

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I'm going to cleanse the sin right out of you! Seriously though I'm interested if only because of the cool character art by the guy that did 999 for DS (can't remember his name!).

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@k8smum Ali is female too. If you want proof, go to the character profiles on the game's website.This game looks awesome! I hope a European publisher picks this up. Maybe, Ghostlight will as they often publish Atlus games in Europe. I love the character designs for this game too. I also recognised some of the voice actors. I could tell that Sister hel's voice actress was Wendee Lee. Allegro's voice seemed familiar too, maybe that youtube commenter that guessed Yuri Lowenthal is right.

scrubbyscum999

scrubbyscum999 said:

I need to get a 3DS game, I still have not gotten one game. After beating Xenoblade and with Last Story coming out, I will give my 3DS some actual bonding time. I am going to pre-order this and try and get it along with a maybe two other games. Will probably pick Kid Icarus for one of them then Devil Survivor Overclocked for the other.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Seems like an interesting game, especially so since it has online co-op & online versus multiplayer, according to the website.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

I've known about the release date for over a month now. How come they haven't found it until now?

abINC4L

abINC4L said:

Haha, Solange's voice actor is Serah from FFXIII and Tohru from Fruits Basket.

I shall indeed preorder this game, hopefully I have a job with GameStop by then :3

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

TBH, this is the only thing I anticipate for 3DS. Nintendo is too hush hush about their products, it's hard to look forward to them.

WolfZombie

WolfZombie said:

I've been wanting to see more about this game, looks good. No pre-order right now but I am interested in getting the game.

Nanoline

Nanoline said:

Anyone else notice how when Solance shows up, there's a shine-bar added in to hide her breasts?

Looks like we'll be seeing the same censorship that Neptunia got fried with on this deal...if that bleeds into the game it'll be a deal breaker for me, I get tired of North American censors treating us like children when Japan can handle it just fine without complaint.

woohoo4

woohoo4 said:

i hope this is as good as guardian heroes n whoever said that this might be repeative must play more beat-em ups becuz thats wat they are pretty much but thats the formula ill still wait for the review as well hahaha xp

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

First blush, I'm thinking I'll roll with either Ali or Tsukikage, at least to start with.

Between this and Virtue's Last Reward, I should be in for an entertaining October.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

They "censored" the princess's outfit so she's wearing a bikini type outfit instead of a stripper outfit. Good job Atlus! I wouldn't have bought it up otherwise. This is a title that anyone should be able to pick up and place. If the slightly altered outfit causes someone not to buy this excellent and rare game then they truly are an idiot. Not like the princess wouldn't still be smokin hot in a turtleneck sweater anyway

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I'm going to wait for this one. Back in school when it comes out so my paycheck suffers... In between saving up for the Wii U and buying NSMB2 and White 2, I won't have the cash.

KAHN

KAHN said:

"censorship is like not allowing a man to eat steak because a baby can't chew it"
-mark twain

that's kinda what i feel about the whole outfit fiasco. :/

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

yeah, you guys are worried about censorship issues. lol. i really had no idea that the ali character was female...not from the art shown here. made me think of 'aladdin' tbh...

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Hmm. The art looks pretty beautiful, and I imagine the parallax scrolling is quite nice on the 3DS screen. Hard to buy what appears to be a brawler for full-price, though... but all the characters might give it a lot of replay value. Love that this is coming out, regardless of whether or not I get it.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

I've been excited from this ever since I heard about it :* :* :* (no not because of boobs... >__>) Glad it's coming to America :* :* :*

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

The way they censored the boxart is very very sneaky. Oh, and her image in the video too.

Also, wasn't Allegro female in Japan?

And... SISTER HEL FTW!

Xilef

Xilef said:

Looks really fun, actually. Will probably get this if it comes out in Europe. Does Atlus ever release games in Europe?

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

A SIDE-SCROLLING BEAT 'EM UP? ON 3DS?? There have been a lot of great side-scrolling beat 'em ups in the DS family. Like...Tokyo Beat Down...well that was kinda average...Spider-Man Web of Shadows...but the sequels sucked...ya, there haven't been a heck of a lot of beat em ups in the DS family tree. Sign me up for pre-order with this quasi-Guardian Heroes sequel!

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Dat sword!!!!!!!!UntitledWith um, artwork like that, this game is definitely on my radar now!

Oh, and she wouldn't catch a cold on the deserted tropical island where I'd take her and treat her like a Goddess. :P

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Partial nudity might be a bit of understatement here.
Anyway, boxed copy for Europe and i'll get it week one.

Kyhunsheo

Kyhunsheo said:

I'm always sold when games come with the soundtrack and the visual books but I would care more for music. As for the game itself, I don't know .... the game doesn't really seem that impressive ... like others are saying I'll probably wait for a review.

Nicko88

Nicko88 said:

Had it pre-ordered for months! Glad its coming with a art book and CD, the graphics look so lush, its gonna be awesome!!!