Nintendo Download: 31st May 2012 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

Mega Man, Rayman and blackjack with a girl

Virtual Console

Mega Man X2 (Super Nintendo, Capcom, 800pts) — Back in the day this made use of Capcom's new "C4" chip for fancy 3D effects and the like. Now you can buy it for 800 Points and enjoy all that 90s blasting on your Wii. We'll have a full review for you very soon.

3DS Virtual Console

Rayman (Game Boy Color, Ubisoft, £4.50/€5) — Ubisoft's little mascot hops onto the eShop just in advance of Rayman Origins' release next week. Is it a classic handheld adventure? Our review will tell all soon.

3DS Download Software

Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, £3.60/€4) — CIRCLE publishes its first of what's certain to be many 3D card games, this time with a story about a young girl named Kasumi. The more you two play blackjack together, the closer you'll get. We'll have a review for you to cosy up to in the near future.

That's all for this week. What will you be getting?

Related Games

Fabian

Fabian said:

Sweet so many cool games in one week.
And 3dsware and 3ds Vc in the same week verry nice.By the way what happens to Wii Ware 3 weeks without a new game -.-

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Back in the mid-nineties, I had a choice. Get Mega Man 7 or get Mega Man X2. I went with Mega Man 7, wanting to get Mega Man X2 later. I never saw Mega Man X2 again.

welsh_gamer

welsh_gamer said:

Is the GBC version of Rayman a scaled down port of the the first Rayman game, or a totally new game with levels that I haven't played on the PSone/GBA version? Keep getting mixed messages when I try to an answer online.

Omega

Omega said:

Mega Man X2. This one is added to my wishlist. Also interesting to note that I find that the Virtual Console is now much more interesting than WiiWare. The times are changing.

jackaroo

jackaroo said:

@welsh_gamer the level layouts are different to the PSone/GBA Versions. The only thing they share is the themes so you still have the forest, the music land and all that. But the layouts are different.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I really wish they would make VC releases multi platform. I would love Mega Man on my 3DS.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Nothing for me this week unless Sweet Memories Blackjack turns out to be exceptional, which I really don't see happening.

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

I'm getting Rayman for sure (:

I'm also interested in what Demo @Tate24 ...
Maybe Order Up!? But that's for the US only right? :P

DoodleJohn

DoodleJohn said:

EU tends to get good stuff. NA or whoever gives us games better give us something they don't have or hasn't been announced for release yet. (Operation C would be cool.)

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

To be fair to Tate24 it did say last weeks news that the Order up demo should arrive this week.It didn't mention what region in that specific article,only that the full version would be on its way to the US Eshop next month.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

sweet memories black jack:An old childhood sweetheart named Kasumi moves back to the city one day and enrols at your school.

The more time you spend playing blackjack together the more your memories of your past time together return. Find out that she is the perfect match for you with every turn of the cards.
...wait what?,guess it keeps things more original.

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

@wiiwii

Yes, the article is only stating that the game is on it's way to the e-shop next month, but the link in the article goes to the NA e-shop update of last week, logic thinking: NA only. :P

James

James said:

Plus we always tag articles with the relevant region — the Order Up!! article is also tagged North America :)

pokeDrago

pokeDrago said:

Why doesn't America put up 3DSWare and VC games in one week like Europe does? The only exception to that rule here is demoes :(

I hope NoA starts to be like Europe and put up as much content in a week and not go for one or the other.

On-topic, great week, hope MMX2 and Rayman show up in NA this week.

pokeDrago

pokeDrago said:

@WarioFan63
I cant even remember the last time it happened other than NES games (demos dont count)

It happened before, but it is very uncommon, and Europe has started to do it on a regular basis (almost every week this month)

All I'm saying is that i wish NA would do what EU does and release a good amount of software every week, something that will appeal to everyone. There is no excuse for NA to be missing so many VC games, and VC/3DSWare weeks during that drought would have fixed the problem instead of releasing one (usually mediocre) game per week.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Mega Man X2 is a good enough sequel, though I still much prefer the first one; good to know it's coming for the Wii Virtual Console for the current gaming generation to experience

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Sweet Memories: Blackjack and VVVVVV for me (the latter still hasn't been released in Australia, despite it having been classified two weeks ago).

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

The Blackjack game will have to be fantastic for me to pay £3.60 for it. I'm sure I could get a DSiWare blackjack game for half the price...

GoldenGate

GoldenGate said:

When I first read that Rayman was on VC, I thought it was the console version. But then I remembered that the Saturn and Jaguar were not on VC ...yet :P

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

Undecided on Rayman. Love Blackjack, but disinterested in this weird sounding title. Might just get Mega Man X2 though... Been quite a long time since I got something through VC on my Wii!

CommanderAudio

CommanderAudio said:

@DoodleJohn Well you know what? I know this isn't about downloading but did you NA folk get Excitebots? We didn't. Did you guys get New Play Control! Chibi-Robo? We didn't. Did you guys get Mutant Mudds? We didn't. (Not yet, anyway.) Did you guys get Sakura Samurai? We didn't. (See Mutant Mudds) Be grateful!

ADaviii

ADaviii said:

I'm more excited for more VC than for more Wiiware. Virtual Console was a huge reason for my purchase of Wii in the beginning. Wiiware was an added plus with a few fun gems to play on it, though.

Even though I don't have a PAL Wii, this is a nice list.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I love too more VC than Wiiware. I have a lot of VC games but my wish list is big too. I hope they don´t quit more games or it they do it i want they advertise us weeks before.

Nintenbro

Nintenbro said:

Megaman X2 better arrive in the United States sometime soon, and I'm totally serious this time. If it doesn't, I will be forced to commence "Operation Game Vault"! :)

Now Capcom just needs to give us Megaman 6 & 7, and then I will be one happy Megaman fan.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

X2 is good but a bit of a step backwards in quality from X1 (music and such), X3 makes up for any misstep though.

BenAV

BenAV said:

@sillygostly Yeah, Australia's really started to fall behind with the eShop.
Good thing you can change the region on the 3DS though, so we're not stuck with another DSi situation with no Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Where's my Defenders of Oasis? That's supposed to be out and it was announced like a month and a half ago, It's supposed to be the first decent RPG out on the 3DS' Eshop and I also hope EU and OZ get Unchained Blades, because if we don't then screw the Eshop.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Megaman X 2 coming so soon after America?! So I need a new e-shop card then!

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

"Europe gets a trio of new titles this week including a couple of but goodies. Here's what's up for you EUers this week."

I'm not sure I want any 'butt̶ goodies' :D