SoulCalibur V 3DS Appears on Retail Coming Soon List

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Draw your weapon

3DS certainly isn't short of fighting games, but it may be getting one more added to its stable in the form of Namco Bandai's SoulCalibur V.

A retail insider tipped us off that a pre-order listing for the game appears on tills at a major high street chain.

Namco Bandai had not responded to our invitation to comment at the time of publishing.

Retail listings of unannounced games can be tricky things, so don't put too much faith in this — especially as it's apparently been on the list for a while — but we'll update you if and when we hear more.

Knux

Knux said:

If this has online multiplayer, it'll be a must buy for me! :O

zachts98

zachts98 said:

two things number 1 i am typeing on a 3ds. 2: Link guest character anybody?????

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

Please let this be true. If it is, I hope they keep the character customisation features and Ezio as guest character from the console versions.
(I suppose asking for Link to return is too much though...or is it?)

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@darkgamer001 Well Soul Calibur 2 had Link in it so it wouldn't be too surprising for him to show up again. It would probably increase sales as well just by having him in the game.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Wow, if true Namco is really throwing their support for the platform. Whatever happened to that Time Crisis listing? I hope they bring Klonoa next. Heck, give iNinja and Munchables a second chance while you're at it.

@10
It's actually a higher possibility than some may think considering they have Nintendo's full distribution support for Tekken 3D.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@7 Link had his turn. Pit should get the call this time. (Although, since it'll be a handheld game, how about Marowak? :P)

Knux

Knux said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Link returned in SCV 3DS, and hopefully he will. He would make more sense as a guest character on the 3DS version than Ezio.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I hope it's not as light on content as Tekken 3D and Ace Combat 3D are/will be (Nintendo Power hinted that Tekken 3D doesn't have too much by way of modes).

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Cool. I've never played a Soul Calibur before, and this looks good so I'm tempted to make this my first. And because it wasn't going to be for the Nintendo systems people might start taking this as a serious systems instead of the types of the games the wii and DS ended up with.

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

I want this game in my 3DS! I want it to sit beside Tekken 3D and let me choose between a fighting game with weapons or no weapons at all. New franchise (for me) or epic nostalgia; freedom!

aiwass

aiwass said:

I hope this is true. So much. Especially since they, not too long ago, doubled the amount of space a 3DS cartridge can hold... which means...
better graphics than what we've mostly been seeing. As AbuJaffer said, it would be rather amazing to have Tekken + Soulcalibur together. It's actually quite plausible, considering Namco has a vested interest in the 3DS in conjunction with Capcom.

ScreamoPichu

ScreamoPichu said:

Dead Or Alive: Dimensions was fantastic. But I was skeptical of buying another fighting game for my 3DS, but if this is really bought the 3DS.... I need more money.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Sweet.Hope this comes to fruition. One of the only fighting games I've ever really enjoyed.This would be sweet in 3D.
LOVE YOU NAMCO BANDAI YOUR AWESOME!! now gimme this game!! :D

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Soul Calibur V, Tekken 3D Prime, Street Fighter X Tekken and Dead or Alive 5. Looks like a good year for fighting games :)

Dak_n_Jaxter

Dak_n_Jaxter said:

Awesome. Soul Calibur for Dreamcast was my favorite fighter...The last and only one i've played. :) So i'd definitely check this out...

Late

Late said:

Have never played Soul Calibur before. I don't actually like fighting games that much but if it'll have some kind of Nintendo Guest character like Link in SC2 then I might consider buying this game.

TourianTourist

TourianTourist said:

I loved Soul Calibur 2... but I never played any other SC game since then. I didn't have any systems that runs them and yeah, Link was missing, who was my main fighter.

If this one gets Link as a cameo, it's an instant must buy! Otherwise I'll think about it.

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

Soul Calibur IV was the only SC game I played, but I loved it. So if this turns out true, consider me hyped. :)

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Meh, I want a Wii U version featuring the triumphant return of Link to the series!

TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy said:

If this is true, then nice! I haven't played an SC game since 2, but if I remember correctly, it rocked!

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Eeh? It´s possible since 3DS got Super Street Fighter IV, but I really didn´t expect it. Buying the 360 version this month though.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I'd totaly be down for some Soul Calibur V on the 3DS. B-)
Although IV left a bad impression at least for me in comparison to SCII back on the gamecube. The countering and manouvering around your character didn't perform as well in IV...Plus, I'd love to see the HD console release hit the Wii U some time as well.

Usagi-san

Usagi-san said:

If they do release a Soulcalibur game for 3ds I hope they have a lot of customization. I really liked that element in soulcalibur 3.

MDee14

MDee14 said:

if they could get soul calibur on the ios, they can do it for the 3ds. I'm excited, i hope this is true

Popyman

Popyman said:

Cool! I might get this, I was interested once Ezio was announced and it's been a long time since I've played one of these games.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Sounds good. Have Link, Ganondorf, Capt. Falcon, Pit or some other Nintendo character as an exclusive and that would be icing on the cake. Hopefully it's true.

Mok

Mok said:

Not my cup of tea. But the more people buy a 3DS for the good games the bigger chance for me to get a streetpass hit. :D

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

OMG!! this sounds too good to be true. well, i hope it is true! :-D

love my fighting games and soulcalibur would a great addition to the 3DS. after bringing tekken 3d, which fingers crossed, will be a great game, i don't see why namco should port this game as well too.

would like to see link but if not, maybe ike from fire emblem. he too has a sword!

Azikira

Azikira said:

@67: Ezio Auditore was already announced as the bonus character for Soul Calibur V. It's kind of neat, but I still kind of miss the "Console Exclusives" from past SC games.
I know I'll get a lot of flak for this, but Soul Calibur II for the Xbox was my favorite SC to date, and I know statistically Spawn was the "worst" of the exclusives, but I dare any one of you nay-sayers to try and beat me as him. Lets just say my friends will not play with me if I use Spawn. XD

Azikira

Azikira said:

@69: He was probably worse in action, but I meant statistically, like health, damage %, attack speed, stuff like that. It was reported that Spawn had the lowest stats out of all 3 mains, and yet I can 1-combo pretty much any character as Spawn. XD