Cammie Dunaway Leaving Nintendo Next Month

Posted by James Newton

Executive's gaming days will soon be behind her

Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales and Marketing, is to leave the company on October 1st to take up a new role elsewhere. Although her new job is not known, it's not another games industry position.

Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president, paid his tribute to the departing Dunaway.

We appreciate Cammie's contributions to Nintendo and the role she played in bringing the Wii and Nintendo DS experiences to millions of people. Her team and the rest of Nintendo of America remain focused on our goal of maintaining the incredible momentum Nintendo enjoys heading into the busy holiday season.

Dunaway is most fondly remembered by Nintendo fans for her appearance at E3 2008, of course.

[via uk.wii.ign.com]

iAlias

iAlias said:

Heyyyy....
My Mom's name is Cammie!
Well, not sure how that helps, but goodbye, and let's all hope Ninty hires Kevin Butler instead.
EDIT: Joking here, by the way. :)

Cia

Cia said:

Good riddance. But seriously, i couldn't care less about the marketing people, they are not the ones who makes our games.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

No! The horror! Why Must the world be so cruel!?

...Who is she again?

I bet she's going to work with Sony, traitor!

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

Oh, how sad! I was just settling in with Mrs. Dunaway. Cammie Dunaway was such a breath of fresh air from Reggie Fills Aime. I can't believe she is leaving. It breaks my heart. Oh, well at lest I've got Christine O'Donnell now.

Archy

Archy said:

If I recall correctly she blueberried up Nintendo's 2009 E3, sooo ho cares.

Watch the language - mod team

Malouff

Malouff said:

Nintendo should release some new Club Nintendo items as a farewell as I remember her saying they were going to be updating the prizes.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

I'm sure she'll make 'camio' apperances... c'mon its funny... her name is Cammie and... ahh forget it.

Ah well, bye bye. I only know you from 2008 E3 anyways...

Mike_Hawk

Mike_Hawk said:

Good riddance to the annoying soccer mom. This only good memory she'll be leaving me besides not showing her face at this year's E3. Hopefully someone who can actually bridge the gap between the core gamer and the current casual crowd will take her place.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Im with PunnyGuy on this one... as well as everyone else

I bet she's gonna say the 3DS shovelWare is gonna be good

Machu

Machu said:

Good luck to her, 'n all that, but I will never forgive her for that performance on-stage, omg.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

I'm gonna sound like a jerk, but my response to this is good. She was annoying and not charismatic or interesting at all during her E3 appearences. I hope she finds another job, though. Everyone has their purpose, but I don't think this job was hers...

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Thanks goodness. I won't say it could get any worse, but they could bring in Kaz from Sony.

Joetherocker

Joetherocker said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Who will tell us about her skiing trip with her kids now!? And who will ruin Nintendo's E3s!?

Thank God she's gone. Maybe she can get a job marketing Kinect for Microsoft.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

She was just awful! Thank god she's gone. She left a 'Soccer mom' dent in Nintendo's image and didn't fit in whatsoever....Her laughable and embarassing presentations didn't help either. Leave it to the big boys and who actually HAVE interest and love everything 'videogames' > Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata are the freaking TRIPOD man! :D

And I'll always remember after her first lame E3 apperance, Ninendo put her in a funky shnazzy leather jacket for their next showing just to make her look more hip!lol

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Joe hmmm thatll be awesome to have her a E3 11 for kinect.

Cammie Presents Kinectimals 2 even more Happy Pilled Animals :D

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Bye, bye, Miss Mrs. [Nintendo of] American Pie executive vice president of sales & marketing.
hey, has a nice ring to it!

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!! That means she'll never bore me to tears during another E3 again.

@32: Even worse, they could bring in Gabe Newell.
Gabe waddles on stage
The 360 and PS3 are worthless train wrecks. Thank you.
Gabe waddles off stage

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

And here I thought I've never seen such ignorant responses. Apparently someone's presentations at some conference determines how good they are. Pitiful

killer6370

killer6370 said:

whos gonna play shaun whites games now?,always sad to hear that people leave, but finaly no more shaun white games during E3 nintendo conferences
E3 need people like Regginator not Gamer Mom like Cammie

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

At first I didn't like her, but now I'm gonna miss her...
Good by Cammie, NoA will never be the same without you!
@sonic_brawler95 "they're so sexist!" That was a joke, right?

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I just randomly thought what if Charles Matinete (however you spell his last name, lol) replaced her conferences? xD

Now we can listen to "boring" stuff...but with Mario's voice! xD

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, this surprises me. I wonder why she's leaving? I hope she finds a good position somewhere. Where would Nintendo be without marketing anyway? I'm not saying I loved Cammie but she was important to Nintendo's strategy. I highly doubt the Nintendo bashing will be decreased because of this.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

She freaked me out this year for E3...

I finish watching the e3 presser on Nintendo's site
Wow, awesome! I don't know how it can get any better than this!
Cammie comes on
Hiiii, I'm Cammie Dunaway...
I jump out of my chair
AHHH!!!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

I feel kinda bad that the first thing I did when I saw this was cheer and scream "YES!" but it's how I really feel. She didn't fit in, left a bad image, and doesn't truly care about vidya games.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

"ALRIGHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" I'll never forget when she said that at her first appearance at E3. It was cringe inducing!

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

@Robo-goose- lol, yes, it was a huge joke. Its poking fun at the X-Play's Other M review. I would never call Nintendo, my favorite company ever, sexist if it wasn't in a joking tone. :P

childofacid

childofacid said:

I met Cammie at E3 and she was really nice. Kinda reminded me of an Aunt. She will be missed.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@41: The only pitiful person I see here is you, giving everyone else crap because they're happy she won't be stinking it up on E3. If you read the article it says she's moving to a different job. Now if she had been fired and had nowhere to go at the moment that would be one thing, but since she'll be just fine with a new job lined up there is no reason not to celebrate that she won't be boring us to tears at E3 anymore. And it's not like anyone was saying "She's a horrible person and I hope she dies because she was boring on stage" either, we're just glad we won't have to see her up there anymore.

@53: I'm sorry but I must throw rotten tomatoes at you now.

odd69

odd69 said:

Nintendo should hire someone with character, who also loves to game.

JimLad

JimLad said:

She probably did good things for the company (or they would have fired her) but I'm glad she won't be showing up at E3 anymore, trying to appeal to an audience that isn't watching the show.
I'm sure she'll find something else quickly, her credentials are pretty impressive as a marketer.

#53 wins the trophy for best comment.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@47drift: well done.

and say what you will about her E3 presence, but in her 3 years on the job the Wii and DS have completely dominated. And she was exec. v.p. of Sales and Marketing. So, um, yeah I think she's probably pretty good at her job.
I certainly won't miss her. But give the woman some credit, yeah?

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Erm... was she the one at the beginning of the web presentation of this year's E3 before it actually started? Or was that someone else...
@47drift ONE DAY I WILL KILL YOU. AND I WILL SAVOR EVERY LAST DROP OF YOUR BLOOD.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

@5 Without the marketing people you would never have bought any Nintendo games.

SuperPeach

SuperPeach said:

She seemed really nice, I wish her the best.

Thinks about it
I wonder how hard it is to get a job at Nintendo.

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

Jesus Christ, you guys are cruel beyond words. I never cared much for her, but my god, do you REALLY have to say that you hope she remains unemployed? What the hell is wrong with you?!

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

@YoshiSage: I wouldn't go as far as not wanting her to get employed somewhere else, but I'm glad she won't be doing her stupid thing at Nintendo anymore.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

...And nothing of value was lost.

Sorry, I know I've commented already but I just felt someone had to say it...

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Btw, you all do realize someone far worse than her can take her place ;)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@lz: I suppose they COULD, but given Nintendo's apparent re-focusing more towards the "core" side of things, I don't think that's overly probable. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if part of why she's leaving is that her usefulness to the company is expended.

killer6370

killer6370 said:

She was on the stage thats enought(but i think it was her palying shaun white snowboarding on the balance board and talking about crapy games that ruined everything)

KiroX777

KiroX777 said:

so the spot is open then! =D hire me! i can compete with Marcus Rivers! we need someone "hardcore" to show nintendo has hardcore gamers too.

"3DS, Step yo' visuals up!" XD