Namco Bandai Is Bringing Barbie And Monster High To Wii U, Wii, 3DS And DS

Posted by Damien McFerran

While other publishers and developers fall over themselves to find excuses not to produce software for the Wii U, Namco Bandai is making a little bit of effort — although we're not entirely sure that Barbie Life and Monster High: 13 Wishes are the kind of games that dedicated Nintendo fans are waiting for.

Both titles are coming to all current Nintendo systems — Wii U, Wii, 3DS and even the DS.

Namco Bandai has also confirmed that Young Justice: Legacy is hitting UK Wii U consoles on September 13th.

It's nice to see one publisher support Nintendo so fully, but are these the kind of games that will turn around the Wii U's fortunes? Let us know your opinion by leaving a comment below.

Grackler

Grackler said:

"Today has finally come." Bet there were a few chuckles in the NamcoBandai PR office before they wrote that!

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Well there's ONE third party developer. Namco is winning out hearts, EA!
They have this generation in the bag with Monster High 13 Wishes. GOTY!

/sarcasm

Midnight3DS

Midnight3DS said:

I guess the rumors of these titles being announced at E3 as Xbox One exclusives goes out the window.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

it's not shovelware. it's aimed at young kids who play these kind of games. My daughter loves Barbie and Monster High so I'll probably get these for her.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

...I ask again. Why no article for the two One Piece games recently announced? One of them is a PSP port and the other has a teaser trailer! >:c

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

My question is, who are the 28 people who care enough about Barbie Life to retweet it?

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

Well you haven't made it as a console until you start getting shovelware dumped into you

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

I'll tell you what would sell a console, its ponies! Someone make a my little pony game and the bronies will go crazy over it.

Phle

Phle said:

I have the Monster High DS game called Monster High: Ghoul Spirit. I think it's the worst DS game I have every tried, the graphics are foggy and the game feels like it was put together in less than two hours. It's awful, everything in that game makes you sad, even if you like Monster High. I paid about 50 EUR for that trash. So if they are going to release more games that s**k just as much, I don't think they should be allowed to. Seriously, I know kids that spent their savings on the DS game and got really disappointed. Parents and kids are the ones that buy these games and they don't find out that they wasted their money before it's too late. So make the game at least close to decent or f*** off!

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

My daughter will be happy, as well as with Lego Friends. I will obviously make sure I get them with a 7 day money back no questions asked guarantee against bad games.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

FINALLY!!! :D :D

I've been waiting for barbie since I got my 3ds back 2011 for Barbie to come out!! :D

AWESOME!!!!! :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

MickeyTheGreat

MickeyTheGreat said:

"although we're not entirely sure that Barbie Life and Monster High: 13 Wishes are the kind of games that dedicated Nintendo fans are waiting for." Then you CLEARLY don't know dedicated Nintendo fans. Since that Barbie game on NES, the hardcore Barbie/Monster High/Nintendo fanbase have been craving a game to do their FAVORITE THING justice and, with Namco Bandai on the wheel, (a company devoted to quality #StarTrekTheGame) it's a near guarantee that these will be the new Wii U blockbusters! BARBIE/MONSTER HIGH/NINTENDO FANS UNITE!

AVahne

AVahne said:

So they don't give us Tales nor do they put their best efforts in their 3DS games....yet they give us this?
Tells you a lot about how Bamco thinks about their Nintendo-based fans.
Even with what people say about Capcom, I think they're far superior to these guys when it comes to Ninty.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@X-Factor

What am I chop liver?! I actually do really want to play barbie & have literally been waiting since 2011 when i got my 3ds to play barbie & I'm 25 heck I play BARBIE you can be any age & be a BARBIE/NINTENDO fan! :D

I am. :D

I'm still getting animal crossing - 3ds but push comes to shove the barbie game - 3ds will come first. I have all the barbie games for the GBC, GBA, DS, & now I can finally say 3DS. :D

So YES there are people who WILL PLAY barbie!! :D

I have called Gamestop since 2011 & asked them repeatedly over & over again like a broken record if they know when a barbie game will come out for the 3ds. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Is this the same Namco that makes cool games like Tekken and Soul Calibur or am I thinking of another company named Namco?

NocturnalYoshi

NocturnalYoshi said:

Personal opinion: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But on a not un-related note, It will get more people playing Nintendo 3DS, and drawing in a new crowd, which is good for Nintendo. Never the less, these are games which I have no intention of adding 2 my library.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Ugh. Hate these developers placing s*** on Nintendo consoles. This made me hate Namco Bandai even more.

@Rawk_Hawk That's the same Namco .____.

Gioku

Gioku said:

The only Barbie game I've seen was for NES, and it was in an AVGN review. It had the weirdest story ever, and was strangely one of the hardest games I've ever seen...

Monsti

Monsti said:

@NocturnalYoshi Exactly! There are a lot of Barbie fans in the world, so this is a good thing.

Also pretty sure the comments would look pretty different if Hasbro made a new Pony game!

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

Namco: "Namco will be developing Super Smash Bros 4 for the Wii U."
Homer: "That's good!"
Namco: "But we'll also bring Barbie Life."
Homer: "That's bad..."
Namco: "And we also got Young Justice Legacy."
Homer: "That's good!"
Namco: "As well as Monster High."
Homer: "That's bad..."

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

@triggers: That should've ended like...
Namco: "As well as Monster High."
Homer: "Uuhhhh"
Namco: "That's bad."
Homer: "Can I go now?"

RR529

RR529 said:

I'm honestly surprised that people are upset by this. I mean yeah, these games obviously aren't for the hardcore Nintendo fans that make up most of this site's population, but companies have to make this stuff in order to make more cash, which they can put towards making games with their core IP, and is something game companies have been doing forever.

They're not doing this out of some sort of "disrespect" towards Nintendo fans. You people are getting more & more ridiculous with all these "anti-Nintendo" conspiricies floating around.

Peachy

Peachy said:

I hope they are good games and a lot of people get enjoyment out of them.

And the more people who find games they'll enjoy on a Nintendo system the better. I see nothing wrong with appealing to people of all different ages, backgrounds, and interests.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Wow. I'm actually very surprised. Who knows maybe it's actually a good game. I would hope so for the people who will buy it on name alone.

Williaint

Williaint said:

At first I thought that was Princess Peach... or Zelda.... I thought "Eeew...". I'm glad it's a game unrelated :{[

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Pfff, who needs Mario Kart, or a 3D Mario, or Zelda, or Yarn Yoshi, or Smash Bros. when you can have BARBIE?!?!?! #sarcasm

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Oh, WOW! Namdai... seriously? You're actually proud of bringing these niche games to us instead of focusing on the good stuff you have?
Man... they're really begging for disrespect at times.