Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Scares Its Way Onto The 3DS March 24th

Posted by Orla Madden

A new spooky adventure

Nintendo of America has announced the much anticipated release date for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will make its way across the US on 24th March, with Luigi travelling through more mansions and scooping up some more ghosts with his upgraded Poltergust 5000. Hopefully European gamers won't have much longer to wait for the title.

While you're waiting, why not read our preview in the meantime?

We can't wait to get our hands on this game, what about you? Will you be saving up your pennies for Luigi's next ghost hunt?

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

that's the same date as the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. Nintendo you are going to kill my wallet lol

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Great; it's going to be fun!

I'll be getting it on my birthday a couple weeks later since it's close enough.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I thought this was set to Feb? Oh well. Been looking for this game for years! Too bad it's on the handheld instead of big screen but this will work!

mystman12

mystman12 said:

YES! I can't wait for this. The original Luigi's Mansion is one of my most favorite games of all time!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Just watched a video and discovered this game isn't a 2D side-scroller. And was playing Paper Mario Sticker Star on my sons 3DS and that wasn't 2D. And Kid Icarus was a great game in single and multiplayer.

And the Wii U gets another round of 2D NSMB. I tell you something ain't right at Nintendo HQ.

Yanni

Yanni said:

Great news! I hope we won't be waiting too long after March 24th. Europe I mean. ;-)

Hokori

Hokori said:

Why do they release the big stuff around Iwata, Mayimoto, and Reggie's birthday?
LM2 is Reggie's Birthday and the 3DSes 2nd Birthday

Emaan

Emaan said:

Finally a release date! Now just give us the fated day for Animal Crossing: New Leaf and my life will be complete. :*

seronja

seronja said:

day 1 purchase for me =D time to save lot's of money for march, so many great titles comming out =)

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Sweet Jesus...
Well, only time will tell if I'm getting this day one - depends on how much extra money I'll have. That and the rest of the world is against me getting even a part-time job, so that's a factor too.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

This is my most anticipated 3ds game and has been that way for a very long time. Finally, the wait is almost over ..

renaryuugufan92

renaryuugufan92 said:

finally a solid release date :)~ was hoping for a feb release date but thats alright~ harvest moon, and paper mario: sticker star should hold me off till march, if i take my time with those games which i have been~

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

So, Nintendo, now your saying that instead of the 40$ I need to save up for by March 24th for Pokemanz Mystery Dungeon, I now have to find 80$ INSTEAD CUZ LUIGI'S MANSION DARK MOON LOOKS SO DANG GOOD?
It's time to get some allowance advancements.

SMW

SMW said:

Luigi's Mansion! :D

Also hows this game use the Nintendo Network? Its got the logo in the top right corner.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Well, I'm not getting this at launch. PMD is the better game so I'll buy that instead. I'll DL this later though

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Well...looks like March 24th is going to be quite expensive for me and my poor 3DS. Definitely needs a new battery...soon.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

It's about time that LM:DM got a solid release date. This game has been on my wishlist for months now. It's also a good thing that I still have my Gamestop giftcard from Christmas. I may not go broke after all!

Austroid

Austroid said:

Yes its almost here! Weegee time! Hopefully I can convince my wallet to keep itself shut 'till then.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I was beginning to wonder when this game was actually coming out. It was supposed to be a launch title!

lightbringer

lightbringer said:

Yeah... still never got around to playing the first. I'll order it online when I get a chance.

mikeyman64

mikeyman64 said:

Apart from Luigi's Mansion being a fun game, I remember associating it with the joy of obtaining a new console. It was the first game I remember seeing a demo of when the "Dolphin" was in the works, and then I remember it being one of the first games I played on the after-named Gamecube. Can't wait for the much awaited sequel. :D

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

wth this seems to be delayed more and more each time -_- i thought i heard the end of this month now march?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

The title made me think "global release" date like many of the recent release news titles on Nintendo Life! NoE doesn't serve us with news so well unfortunately ;)

zachts98

zachts98 said:

tgis is false just the other day I read feburary 4th for Us at gamestop!!!!! it had fire emblem and this game advertissed. I asked about a release date he said Feburary 4th

Tantan

Tantan said:

Amazing
Going to play the GameCube version in anticipation. Only Nintendo can have cool multiple franchises like this. Hope this will one day become a trilogy!

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

1st: Kid Icarus: Uprising - March 2012

Now it's:

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - March 2013

What will it be in March 2014??? Kirby or Donkey Kong perhaps? ^__^

janettocrossing

janettocrossing said:

WOOOOOH!!! A DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY! Last year Kid Icarus came out on my birthday, & now this?! Nintendo sure loves meh XP