Capcom Responds To The Lack Of Mega Man On 3DS

Posted by Shaan Joshi

Too good to be true?

If we were to choose one franchise that is disappointingly absent from the 3DS library, it would have to be Mega Man. Following the soul-shattering decision to cancel Mega Man Legends 3, Capcom released Mega Man 1-3 on the 3DS eShop, but these Virtual Console titles have been limited to Japan.

With fans clamoring for a Western release, Capcom's Christian Svensson has posted on the company forums, asking fans to remain patient. His message was short:

Patience...we'll have things to discuss on this topic in the future.

Could Capcom be implying that a North American release is inbound? Perhaps closer to the series' 25th anniversary? It's too early to tell, but things could be looking up for Mega Man fans.

[via capcom-unity.com, rockmancorner.com]

Related Games

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

The last time Capcom told us to be patient, it was about Monster Hunter.
That turned out to be worth it, they announced MH3 Ultimate coming to 3DS and Wii U.

Hopefully they won't disappoint with Megaman. If it's that Megaman X Over crap for iOS they will know the fan's wrath.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

The solution is simple, just release Megaman Legends 3. Capcom, I'm going to be a little undignified here and say that I'm practically begging. Whatever dispute you have with Inafune, let it pass. You basically already have my money, just release the game.

Nekketsu3D

Nekketsu3D said:

I do not want a new megaman, if announced with drums and flutes as mediocre games like Resident Evil 6. I want Megaman Classics for eshop like Japan store ¬¬!!!

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

Yeah, I don't think I'd trust them with another Megaman title. Just give us the old stuff that Japan's been given, and I'll be juuust fine.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I've heard a rumor...and I hope it's true. :) In the meantime, I'll enjoy the 25th Anniversary soundtrack remix albums. Not as good as a new game of course, but I'm happy with them!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I have a bit more faith in Capcom since the Monster Hunter 3DS/Wii U announcements, but they've treated Mega Man pretty poorly the last two years. I want a new game for the 25th anniversary, not another collection.

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

I cried over the cancellation of MML3. Capcom has a lot of redeeming to do for reminding me I have emotions.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

still dont understand why they didnt release that prototype of MML3 for the eshop. it was already done

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I have no problem with having respect for all the NES Mega Man games. Whether they're to come to the eShop or not, I don't mind. But seriously CAPCOM , what ever happened to all the rest of the GAME BOY Mega Man games that you never put out on the eShop after Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge , huh? I would rather want to at least play Mega Man II next instead of the mentioned titles since I beat them more than many times I can count. As for an announcement for being patience. I hope there's some small miracle that Mega Man Legends 3 gets released. Having it get cancelled before was THE ULTIMATE INSULT!! to all Mega Man fans out there imo.

ultrasann

ultrasann said:

I'm very skeptical about this after what happened with MML3 and other series just going down the drain.

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

Mega Man? You mean that franchise that was abandoned a few years ago?

But in all seriousness, I hope they're serious.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Awwww, I can't stay mad at you Capcom, everyone should give you another chance.

I really wish to see 3D Classics of Megaman games.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I'd like Mega Man 6, Mega Man 7, The Wily Wars released on Wii VC before the end of the year. And NES Mega Man 1 - 3, Game Gear Mega Man and GB Mega Man 2 on 3DS.

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

People saying "OMG I want mega mans legendzz NAO!" are being very immature about this and need to accept that Legends 3 will simply (and most likely) not happen, at least for a good while; that way if the release does happen, the surprise will be pleasant. I understand that the cancellation is a big disappointment but literally whining about it won't do anything but make you all look like babies. I will get hated on for this but that's just my two cents... Seriously, first world problems much?

I'm into Classic Mega Man and not much else so I'll be thankful for ANYTHING playable to celebrate the Blue Bomber's 25th, 'cause something is better than nothing, right?

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I can't wait for Capcom to announce them rereleasing GB Megamans.
Capcom's biggest mistake is not giving Inafune enough credit.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Silly Capcom, you've done a lot to nearly run Mega Man completely into the ground.

Cancelling two high-level titles (MM Universe, Legends 3), fishing him out for merchandising and that thing called Mega Man Xover?

Yeah, I hope that this 25th Anniversary is worth something. Seriously, this is just an abysmal showing of how you really think of one of your top franchises.

Discostew

Discostew said:

"Patience...we'll have things to discuss on this topic in the future."
...Wha....WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!!?!?!!?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

They do realise the big 25th Anniversary is two months away, right?

They realize. That's plenty of time to make an announcement of an upcoming release, and more than enough time to release some VC titles. Something's coming, I'm sure of it. :)

Edge_Diest

Edge_Diest said:

I thought they would stop announcing announcements after Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate being announced -_-
Capcom, remember that among fans who CAN wait, there are those who CAN'T. I'm one who can, though.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

By "patient" he means "We're going to announce a Mega Man DLC costume for one of our games too that was already on the disc."

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I would rather they focus on releasing the GB Mega man games on 3DS VC as there are already other ways to play the NES Mega man games like the Wii VC and anniversary collection.

KAHN

KAHN said:

capcom, how hard is it to make a good decision? all you have to do is port over some of your Japanese games until you come up with something good. i mean, it's not like anyone will be mad >:[

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

@ChunkyDroid Capcom has trolled Nintendo console owners since pulling the rug out until too late in the end on N64 and the Capcom 5 scam on Gamecube canceling three and then telling PS2 owners not to buy RE4 as they'll have a 'full version' out within a year once exclusivity expires. When I buy Capcom games these days, they're used.

accc

accc said:

Why can't they make a similar comment about EX Troopers coming to the US? It looks far and away like the best game that Capcom currently has in development, and it would be a damn shame if US 3DS gamers never got to play it.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

I'm sure they'll have a "thing" to discuss. If you add a "no" before it.

Oh but I kid. This is just Sven once again single handedly trying to pretend the company he works with isn't going dramatically downhill. God bless him really, he's either the nicest company guy, or the most sadly delusional man.

Well Capcom at least has the huge Resident Evil 6...oh

...oooh

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

If they do something, I am sure it will be lackluster, I don't see why they don't announce it and build hype, if the anniversary is in two months.

Besides, I think a (new) Megaman without Inafune will feel like a Resident Evil without Mikami, something big will be missing.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

My words to Capcom:

"He who hesitates is lost"

Please don't disappoint us, Capcom!

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

I have absolutely no faith at all in this company anymore. This is going to end in disappointment, just like everything else they do. :P

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

I'm confident it's going to be something good, Capcom might be shysters but they know the fan base has been hurt badly and damage control is needed.

allav866

allav866 said:

With the lack of attention they've been giving the Mega Man fan-base, they need to release Mega Man 1-6 as VC titles, and 9 and 10 as 3DSWare, and Mega Man Legends 1, 2, AND 3! Only then will I give a crap about another Capcom game.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

To be honest with this whole subject. I really don't get what the hell this WHOLE Mega Man Xover is supposed to be anyways. Is it supposed to be like a new Mega Man series? Or is it like a crossover of different Mega Man series' coming together or what?

NintendoCat14

NintendoCat14 said:

They need to release Mega Man 1-6 on NES and 2-5 on GB in ALL regions. And Mega Man on Game Gear would be nice...

neilbissett

neilbissett said:

Banana_Jane: Do you know how excited I was in the UK for the Megaman Colelction games? these never got a release in europe and when I imported the Megaman Anniversary Colelction for Gamecube the control system was screwed up with no option to change the button configuration. The PS2 version was not an option due to having to buy an import system. I would love for these games to be released as collections on XBOX Live Arcade but that is not going to happen because we are in the day and age of "charge for every title" rather than buy a collection.

Mascarpino

Mascarpino said:

Dang! I'm pissed at Nintendo for one reason now. The fact that they'd even consider a MegaMan 25th when they didn't even do a Metroid 25th, and Metroid being one of their biggest franchises and Megaman not even close.