Meet Resident Evil Revelations' Rachel in Extended Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Longer and uncut

Resident Evil Revelations is one of our most anticipated 3DS games of 2012, and that was before we saw the trailer below that looks to make some of the best use of the stereoscopic 3D since Dead or Alive: Dimensions.

The trailer below may not contain any gameplay footage, but the quality of the animation is undeniable, even if we haven't quite figured out how Rachel manages to see where she's going.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

it looks cool....and just because she has hair in front of her eyes doesn't mean she can't see.....my bangs are in my eyes but i can still see lol can't wait to get this game.

Katernity

Katernity said:

her hair is made of polarized plastic. it hangs in front of her eyes for UV protection.

romulux

romulux said:

hmm....

hard to say but the lips are very similar. i'm guessing that jessica gets brainwashed or something and ends up as rachel and the ridiculous hair is to cover her face so you don't see it. otherwise there's just a lady with ridiculous hair getting slaughtered mercilessly for no reason.

James

James said:

@mumof2kids82 But I'm guessing if you were fighting off a horde of mutated zombies you'd probably want to move your hair, right? :)

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

she doesnt need to see her breasts stick out so far they act like feelers lol.got this preordered cant wait off to be a classic cant wait to discover the story twists etc.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

it would be good if she was the young lass from resi2.but i think her name was sherry never know though.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

This looks fantastic. Better than I expected. I'm definitely getting this day one.

h0nden

h0nden said:

I do not wish Rachel any luck in the future =) But according to the trailer, she dies, right? But I sure hope her role is not that big.
I can accept big boobs and lips in some games. But showing them like this in Resident Evil just doesn't make any sense. And yeah, then it is the hair, of course.
The one who designed and the one who granted her for the game should a taste of the whip :P

And yeah. The fact that she seems like a weak person doesn't make her cut for any kind of mission like the one she's in.

Samholy

Samholy said:

boobs are nice. ok ?
but why every game heroins are like boob extravaganza?
i mean, i will play a resident evil or another game even if the girl doesnt have those ultra milkfeeders sticking out like they wanna go away from this body.

this is only due to a geek artist that his only sex life is the boobs he draws.
seriously, its not all that necessary. ill pass this title unless its really a masterpiece.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

That's the dumbest looking hair I've ever seen. However the game and story look like there coming along well. Can't wait another 6 months or so for a new real resident evil!

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Looks like she stepped out of 'No More Heros'. I prefered the Gamecube remake style character designs to those since RE5. Seeing a hulked up Chris punching a boulder was pretty silly too.

Still, the game does look good so far.

Tate24

Tate24 said:

Isnt this the scene at end of resident evil R demo?

Room that shes in at end of trailer is the same one as in demo!

And if u remember as you walk downstairs in demo towards window sumone gets thrown into it but cant see who?

so maybe were seening sum cutscene's before the attack and after it !

Mmmmmm interesting!

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Yeah, it is the same scene shown in past trailers in a new perspective. You can see Jill standing through the window behind racheal

timp29

timp29 said:

Stupid hair stupid breasts.
Maybe those zombies were just horny?

Anyway, if they are going to make boobs that ridiculous, they could at least shoot lasers or something.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

She should have spent slightly more time trying on her wet suit before making her purchase so the zipper would actually be functional.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

At least when the Zombie Apocalypse comes around, we all know that showing off a lot of cleavage in tight spandex is not an effective weapon on the undead.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Seriously, girls are just asking for sexual harrassment when they dress like that (although it's still not an excuse for the guys who do it).

Jahir

Jahir said:

That's what happens when you wear your hair like that u_u

Anyway... I miss the designs of RE 4, those were the best (along with REmake). These just look a little bit ridiculous and her boobs... why doesn't she wear something that could really protect her from damage? Damn fan service.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Lol, nobody in their right mind fights a zombie apocalypse with all that cleavage exposed. XD Who's she trying to look sexy for? The zombies?

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

lol she was a classic example of the first girl to die in a horror film, blonde and lots of clevage. that always spells death, she should have been more conservative.

booker_steve

booker_steve said:

Well she wasn't the brightest, clearly entering the boat in scuba gear but left half of it behind keeping her jacket on, still, with boobs like those boutancy control is probably an issue ;)

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

That looked absolutely amazing - I can't believe that's running on a 3DS!

I can't wait for Revelations, what with new characters popping up left, right and center in addition to a renewed emphasis on horror.

Still, like everyone else, I think this Rachel is badly designed. I mean, if you were stuck on a cold, desolate, monster-filled ship, wouldn't YOU make sure your body was covered up adequately for protection? Wouldn't YOU make sure your view was unobstructed by your hair?

Sigh...Still, at least Jessica was smart enough to cover her "sweet ass"!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

supermodels dont have boobs or cleavage.think that honour goes to glamour models.(cant wait for this game)

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

I've completely lost interest in this. This is lowest denominator, by the numbers, tripe.

Stormy night, shaky hand-cam, buckets of slime ( and slimey sound effects ), the strings from Psyco's shower scene, chanting, and test book cliche lines of bravado, and fear. Oh, and an unusual amount of boobs, and butt shots. I didn't appreciate the suggestive 'spew in the face' scene, either.

Has Capcom lost their creative talent? I think so. The classic games in the series knew how to build a real sense of fear.

And don't get me started on that hair. That would almost be acceptable on an SD, or anime character, yet this games' style is far removed from those. They've taken away any chance of considering the character as more than T&A, by eclipsing her face.

I don't know, maybe I'm outgrowing games like this. Or maybe I expected companies like Capcom to grow up with me.

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

Amen to that, Jahir.
I'm so thankful for the RE Archives on Wii. The last two real games in the series, as far as I'm concerned. 4 was a great game, but it was also a departure.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

And the nostar for the worst supporting character 2012 goes to ... Pam... umm i mean ... revealing Rachel