Pullblox/Fallblox Sequel Coming to Wii U eShop in Japan on 19th June

Posted by Jowi Meli

Right outta nowhere

According to a newly found addition to Nintendo of Japan's official website, a Wii U sequel to the Intelligent Systems-developed Pullblox (known as Pushmo in North America) and Fallblox (known as Crashmo in North America) translated as Pushmo/Pullblox World is coming to Japan on 19th June this year.

The site is in Japanese, so until a full translation is released it's up in the air what all the new features of this brand-new puzzler are. From what you can see on the site, however, it can be inferred that user-created levels will be traded through Miiverse.

Be sure to check out the video below for a preview of coming attractions, and let us know what you think of this pre-E3 reveal with a comment.

Thanks to Joe Merrick for pointing this out on Twitter!

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Great! Absolutely loved Pushmo and Crashmo. Hope it comes to the West.

ClassicJetterz

ClassicJetterz said:

YAY! One of my favorite 3DS games. :D
I hope it comes to America!

WELL, it looks like there are some English names in the trailer. Maybe a worldwide release is in order?

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

More Mallo games the better. Played the first 2 to death. Like 70 hours combined between them.

Ronoh

Ronoh said:

Loved the first one, not so big on the second. Glad this one looks like a return to the first game's puzzles.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I love this series! So glad to see more entries! :D How interesting it's gonna be on the Wii U! Hope the new mechanics are very interesting. Hopefully they find a middle ground in difficulty between Pushmo and Crashmo though. While I loved both I did feel Crash,o got a tad too hard way too fast.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

Both games are an absolute gem on the 3DS. They also singlehandedly proved that the e-shop matters as a platform. Really masterfull gamedesign all in all.
Looking forward to anything new Intelligent Systems can cook up in that regard. When their other game smt x fe, in cooperation with Atlus, finally arrives I just might have to get a WiiU afterall :P

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

pushmo was and is amazing
crashmo is really REALLY difficult, but cool
this sequel looks like mostly pushmo, so it'll be super awesome :D

AVahne

AVahne said:

Looks nice. Still haven't beaten the first one though, so this unfortunately won't be on my buy-list.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

:D Yay :D
So glad about the return to Pullblox-style gameplay. Fallblox was terrible.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo said:

Never played a game in this series, but it looks pretty interesting so I will probably buy this when it comes out.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo said:

brianvgplayer

brianvgplayer said:

I hope it will have plenty of new puzzles. Most of the puzzles in the video were from the 3DS Pushmo.

Tops

Tops said:

I liked Pushmo much better than Crashmo so a return to those types of puzzles is welcome

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

It's finally coming. I've actually been thinking about a Pushmo U sequel for a while now.
I'm probably buying day 1.

Vallu

Vallu said:

I wish it has pullblox and fallblox styles in the same game, maybe even more prototype 3D levels from fallblox? This looks really cool.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

Will welcome both to the Wii U when they arrive hopefully grab them on a discount at some point.

Henmii

Henmii said:

At this rate not a single surprise is left for the E3 Direct?!

On a positive note: A sequel to Pushmo could be fun. Didn't see much new in the trailer, but a fresh batch of puzzles could still be fun.

biglittlejake

biglittlejake said:

Those games were fun but I am not so sure about them on the Wii U. I usually leave puzzle type games to the 3DS.

ToniK

ToniK said:

Cool! I'm gonna miss the 3D effect though. I think the puzzles look slightly confusing without it.

accc

accc said:

Awesome news! Pushmo is one of the best puzzle games of all time.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

OMG! I love this series! and Wii U definitely needs more eShop games.

Edit: Do I see stamps in that Pushmo World trailer?

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I don't know what's new in this one, but I really don't care, the first two games (especially the first one) were awesome enough to warrant my purchase!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I greatly enjoyed but finished neither game so I'm excited for the Wii U one. Being able to download other people's puzzles from one central place without having to deal with QR codes is awesome too!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Um, cool. I loved Pushmo and all, but with a title like that (World, specifically), I was hoping for greater gameplay elements that would more aptly justify the jump to home console. This seems like it's just kind of a regular sequel, which isn't bad, as Pushmo is brilliant, and the GamePad makes the Wii U the only proper console port. Still, I should have liked to see less of a straightforward sequel and something that expanded the brand in new and unexpected ways.