Fire Emblem: Awakening Cut Down By Shipping Delay

Posted by Damien McFerran

That eShop version is looking very attractive right now

Fire Emblem: Awakening recently launched in North America, and if you've already consulted our review, you'll be aware that it really is a game that all 3DS owners should own.

Sadly, it would appear that a manufacturer shipping delay is preventing many people from actually acquiring the game. Game Informer is reporting that several stores have pushed back delivery estimates for the popular title:

I called a few Best Buy and GameStop stores, some nearby, some far away, and most were reporting a small delay. The Best Buys I spoke to said the game probably wouldn't be available until Wednesday February 6, and the GameStops said the game may not be available until Friday, February 8 due to shipping errors. Amazon also has a notice on its Fire Emblem: Awakening page that reads, "Potential Shipping Delay: Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays. Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause."

Have you managed to pick up a copy? Or did you go for the eShop version? Will this news make you turn to the download edition? Drop a comment to let us know.

[via gonintendo.com, gameinformer.com]

Obywan

Obywan said:

I'll call my GameStop in the morning and check... really hope they have it...

I hope they have the artbooks too, that was the only reason I even preordered.

Lan

Lan said:

You guys have a hi-res version of that picture? Like 720p or higher?

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

My whole day will be spent trying to acquire this gem. No idea whether it is in stores and no car to ferry me. Lots of snow to slow my travel though.

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

The photo caption was brilliant.

I don't care if it is a small wait; a couple of days worth of waiting to get it in the format I want is worth it.

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

Ya mine at Gamestop is delayed. They told me they would have it Friday. This is kinda pissing me off, this is the 2nd time in a row i pre-ordered a game and it has been delayed to gamestop.

Emaan

Emaan said:

So much for pre-ordering early. I should just get it at Walmart today. The art book isn't even worth it at this point ;_;

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

My Best Buy better freaking have my copy considering all the crap I had to go through yesterday with them telling me I could pick it up only to go there and have them tell me I had to wait until today... :p

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Wasn't there a problem last week with EB Games selling their copies too early? That should mean that at least some places still have their copies on time.

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

I can confirm that one of my 5 or 6 local Gamestops could not give me a firm date for when it would be available. They said maybe Friday, but will sell it as soon as it arrives.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

I haven't seen Wally World (walmart) being named anywhere in this delay... Maybe I'll see if they have it and say screw that art book, or just see if one of the gamestop people will give it to me for nothing. I have jedi mind tricks folks.

Holly

Holly said:

That explains a lot. If only I'd known before I went on my failed early-morning shopping trip today. Downloading it right now. I'm just too impatient!

bahooney

bahooney said:

I misunderstood the title to mean that the price of the eShop version got cut down. Sliced, if you will. 's a dang a shame.

M0HAWKMonkey

M0HAWKMonkey said:

My Gamestop got my copy,I used to work there. They usually have the game a week before it's out...and then getting the Fire Emblem 3DS the day after! :D

Silver_August

Silver_August said:

This is funny because I got my game a week early...lol Guess I should consider myself even more lucky now

siavm

siavm said:

I am downloading it now. Unlike most here I have no problem downloading games. And in some years, maybe a decade, this will be the only way to get games.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

I asked at my local Best Buy yesterday (since their website had said the game was released on the 1st... wtf), and the guy told me they had nine on order and they'd be in either Tuesday or Thursday (probably when they get their deliveries).

Shworange

Shworange said:

I just checked the online sites of every retailer that sells games around my house. Not one of them in Minnesota has the game. GameStop, bestbuy, target and Walmart all currently do not have the game. More over, none of their stores within at least a 50 mile radius has the game! Oy vey...

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

According to another Gamestop, they will have them tomorrow, but don't expect any spare stock besides pre-orders.

Edit: Anybody know if the eShop edition charges tax? Or am I good if I just grab $40 in points?

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Blast it! I just called three Gamestop's in my area and all of them were delayed with no idea on when they would get the game's shipment in. They just said to call back after 12noon to check each day. This is ridiculous. So would this be Intelligent Systems or Nintendo's fault? Either way, I think we all are owed an apology. Sheeesh...And here i thought i was going to stop on the way home to get the game. Boy was i wrong!

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

The delay is kind of annoying, but I'm playing other stuff anyway, so waiting for my physical copy isn't too much trouble. And I'm just not willing to buy full retail games from the eShop, if I can avoid it.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Ah, that explains why noone has received any shipments. I would just download it off the eShop, but I keep getting an error every time I try to purchase it, which I assume means the servers are full. C'mon, Nintendo, take my money!

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Just came back from a disappointing trip after school to my local gamestop. The guy at the counter said they may not get it til the 13th... The 13TH!!! That's NINE DAYS AWAY!!! I really hope it's only delayed til Friday (cuz I can't play games til Friday anyway).

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

I've had my game for almost a week now. Thank science I live in Canada. I've already played over twenty hours, since I had recently finished my first semester exams and second semester had not yet begun. If I had gotten it later, I certainly wouldn't have been able to play so much.

retroxdp

retroxdp said:

Don't give up on Target, guys. I went to my local store today, and had to ask for it as I didn't see it on-shelf. The clerk retrieved one from the storeroom and then proceeded to inform me that he couldn't sell it to me... Target had the street date in their internal docs as the 10th. I told him street date according to Ninty was the 4th and asked to see a manager (I wasn't leaving without one of those boxes...heh). The manager keyed it in and confirmed. 15 minutes later I was at home playing some FE:A.

I'm in the Raleigh, NC area FWIW!

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I played the demo, it was pretty good. Hope it comes out soon, because I really don't want to download it.

sonicriders

sonicriders said:

I think it would be cool if Nintendo allowed pre-orders for eShop games, so that as soon as the game is released, you would wake up in the morning and have it already downloaded to your game system!

I know this has nothing to do with the delays, but I thought I would share my stroke of genius anyway. :P

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I remember being maybe 14 and being SO. EFFING. PUMPED. for the first Animal Crossing. I poured over the articles in Nintendo Power, thought about it constantly, planned out what I would call my town and tried to figure out what native fruit tree I wanted... I waited until the release date finally came, and on the big day I even did all my homework so I could have time to play (a rare occurrence). I rushed to the store with preorder in hand, only to have the guy tell me that that day was the release date, which meant that it was the day Nintendo SHIPPED the game, and that I would have to wait a few days for them to actually get it.

It confused and very much upset me. I imagine a lot of people are feeling a bit like that today. I send my thoughts out to them.

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

Here in Mexico, we have something called GamePlanet, it is something like GameStop, so we are equally f..ked about the fire emblem awakening release date as well; some say feb 5, others say feb 8, and some others say feb 14 or 15,. Nintendo really screwed this one big time, I mean, come on, this game is one of the 3ds biggest hits of all time, it is eagerly awaited by almost all 3ds owners and famitsu almost gave the game a perfect score, but NO, nintendo was just lazy with their most powerful game (and potentially game of the year) and screwed things up without any apology regarding this matter. BRAVO NINTENDO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

Tonnie_gAmEr25

Tonnie_gAmEr25 said:

Went to gamestop, told me friday. So i just bought me some eshop cards!!! Id rather have it with me at all times anyway! :)

f_zul

f_zul said:

I still don't get it. Why EU version has to be postponed to april anyway? Pretty much everyone here are able to read in english, so why not deliver it here already, and then just update it with extended languages like french or german?

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

"Day of" sales used to be a big deal for me, long ago... these days, there's so much on one's plate, that missing a date is easier to accept.

retroxdp

retroxdp said:

Well, the copies of FE:A are flying off the shelves at the few Target stores in my area that actually had them. When I checked around 12PM this afternoon, all but 2 stores had them listed as in-stock. Now they're mostly gone. Turns out my local store only had two copies to begin with, one of which I was fortunate enough to snag.

Yeesh, good luck to everyone who didn't preorder and wants a box.

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

I go to school in Chicago and the local GameStop, Best Buy, and Target didn't have any copies. The next closest Target didn't have any, either. But one Target that is prettty far yet manageable had a few copies. I only had one class today and was off by 10am. I didn't get back to my dorm until 1:30pm, but the important part is that I had the game in hand =D it took them quite a while to actually find the game too hahah

For everyone who is suffering from the delay, try Target!!

I'd like to add that I would have just downloaded it to avoid this long adventure, but I plan on lending the game to my little sister once I've completed it, and I just can't do that with a downloaded version!

mrdanthedeadman

mrdanthedeadman said:

^What TurianAgent said I stopped at Gamestop unaware of the delay and went to walmart to pick a few things up and checked out their electronics section before checking out and of course they had it >.> Luckily enough I don't play my handhelds too much so I can wait for it >.> though I am a tiny bit peeved, love the Fire Emblem series. lol almost forgot the artbook came with the preorder that was my second reason for preordering it

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

lol has anyone else noticed Gamestop.com took away the 'pick up @ store' option for this game? i picked up mine at Best Buy this morning, they had about five copies out on the shelf. Check your local Best Buy stores, guys! :3

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

Well I did preorder it on amozon but they said they will E-Mail me when it's shipped. And said I could cancel it anytime. Well I don't know about you guys but I am Absolutely not canceling my order.

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

A friend of mine got it a few days early from EBGames. I'm still waiting on my copy to show up in the mail, though it should be coming in soon.

ZinogreMaster

ZinogreMaster said:

@Kyloctopus Me too. One of these days Gamestop, one...of...these...days, POW! Straight to the moon. Nah, but really hoped it'd be here today. Oh well...

lightbringer

lightbringer said:

Still have yet to get a call from Gamestop regarding my reserved copy. They said Friday, and I'm hoping they were correct.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

I don't have my copy yet, this is ridiculous (I have a pre order), Gamestop does not even know when they'll get the next shipment, they said "maybe" on Monday 11th.....