Fallblox Confirmed for November Release in eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Sequel to Pullblox known as Crashmo in NA

When speculating before Nintendo of Europe's latest Nintendo Direct broadcast, it's unlikely that many gamers would have predicted the confirmation of Fallblox, a sequel to the rather excellent Pullblox on 3DS eShop; just as Pullblox was known as Pushmo in North America, this latest entry will be known as Crashmo across the pond. It has a firm release date of 22nd November in North America, while Nintendo of Europe boss Satoru Shibata simply confirmed "November" for his region.

The footage shown re-introduced the charm of the original with puzzles that seemed more devious, and the tower was viewable from front and back, rather than just straight on. The main twist is that it's possible for blocks higher up the tower to become unsupported, so if you make a mistake lower down the laws of gravity will mean that they crash down. Nintendo promises various items such as floating blocks, doors and switches, while "enhanced puzzle-creation and sharing features" sounds encouraging.

With the original being so popular, are you excited to get your hands on the sequel?

WesCash

WesCash said:

I still have some bonus puzzles left on the original Pushmo to beat. That game is really superb and I look forward to what the sequel has in store!

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

This looks too amazing, I loved Pushmo, and now I can't wait for this one. Was not expecting a series out of this! I know this one will be great, I wonder what they will think up next to add to this series

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Now THIS looks fun. Pushmo's puzzles weren't as fun, as Editing levels were better. I'll buy this ASAP.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

There you go again Nintendo, making sequels before I've even had time to play the original. :P

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Uh...to be honest, I loved Pushmo, but I'm not all that excited for Crashmo. That doesn't mean I won't pick it up, however.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

Hopefully they can fix the serious lag when playing complicated, user made puzzles.
Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what LJM has to offer, I love his puzzles (If they weren't laggy)

wuuds

wuuds said:

playing Pullblox right now and loving it! (although i prefer the name Pushmo)
will be snapping this up as well as soon as it hits. damnit i haven't even tried user created puzzles yet :/

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Not sure if I like the name Crashmo but I think I'll treat it like Pushmo, I'll download it on a down day. No pun intended.

Scary_Old_Lady

Scary_Old_Lady said:

@wuuds Why?
Pullblox: You pull blocks out to get to the goal! :)
Pushmo: You Push 'Mos' in to get to a goal while thinking the game is named after some muppet? ?

Emaan

Emaan said:

I still haven't downloaded the original, I want to. Hopefully the NA eShop offers it on sale sometime soon.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Ok how is IS doing all of these games? Do they have multiple teams? Or are they just masters at multitasking? xD

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

well.. didn't see this one coming. Nintendo's listened to my about lack of eshop games. Thank you guys^^! I beat every single one of the original Pullblox levels, it was a pain in the , but a very gratifying task in my opinion. This looks like the puzzles may get even more complex.. If Pullblox is any indication of this title's quality, I'm in for a treat^^.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

@Emaan Stop whatever you are doing RIGHT NOW, go find your 3DS, go to the Nintendo eshop, AND DOWNLOAD PULLBLOX FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE!

Sorry, got a bit dramatic there. It's just soooooo good and I cannot wait for Fallblox!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Im gonna cry due to happiness of a new Pushmo and sadness of more headache filled hours of trying to solve puzzles.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I was doing inappropriate things to my bed because of how excited and happy I was when I read this. I literally just beat Pushmo and they announce a sequel? Awesome! This will be a day one purchase no doubt! I adored Pushmo.
@Emaan BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!

Grodus

Grodus said:

I need something in October to wait for all of this! As I say in my signature, Halloween is overrated anyway!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I am one of the few here that haven't gotten the original. If Nintendo had made buying games easier in my region, I would have gotten this by now. Gotta ask my friend for his credit card, and maybe I could convince him to pick up a copy for himself.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

Unfortunately, I never finished Pushmo because I traded my 3DS in for my 3DS XL without performing the system transfer. From what I completed of it though, Pushmo was a fantastic eShop game that is is truly worthy of a sequel. It may not be right away, but I plan to pick Crashmo up sooner or later.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Looks like a great sequel to a great game! I also stopped playing Pushmo because I hit a brick wall as far as progress is concerned lol.. A very tough game as you move up through the levels!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm pumped for the sequel but even more excited Pullblox is on discount! What luck I have been meaning to buy Pullblox but just never got around to it... Discount! :D

Late

Late said:

Day one purchase for me.
I love Pullblox and have spent 60 hours playing it. Still have some levels to beat to complete the game but I'm pretty much stuck in one level and haven't touched it for a long time. Level editor was also really great and my friends really liked trying to solve my puzzles. Here are two of my puzzles if you want to try: Puzzle 1 Puzzle 2

Ren

Ren said:

Awesome. the original was one of the best eshop games I've played. Never finished it, though, it gets pretty brutal after a while and I couldn't pass some of them; guess I better go back and try again.

yobucky

yobucky said:

(I suppose I could add some other comment... but somehow... "YES!" seems to cover my emotions pretty well)

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I dont know. There is a lot of the first game that I just didnt get to see. The minute it all started to click they would add another layer of difficulty and I ended up just getting bored with failing.

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

Cool, though the original got so hard in the bonus levels that it was basically impossible.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

time to get another eshop card i guess

if only i could buy them somewhere near and not drive 20kilometers to the next gamestop!!!!

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

Because Pushmo's final levels didn't give me enough headaches . . .

. . . Yeah, I'll be getting it anyway.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Haven't even completed the original, but the original is fun! So I guess I'll also download this one!

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

Can't wait for this one. After doing all those levels in the original though, I cringe to think how difficult these ones will be.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

I'll buy this at some point but I reckon Pullblox is probably the most overrated game on the E-Shop, I'd have only given it a 7/10 if I'd reviewed it but every site I've been on and everybody else I've spoken to about it seems to think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I find it way too repetitive in all aspects (including it's music)I can only enjoy playing it in very short bursts.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I am really really really really exited for this game. I loved Pushmo so much. And Crashmo just looks even more awesome. On another note, I like the name pushmo better than Pullblox, because it's more interesting. If someone asked you what your playing and you say "Pullblox". They already know you pull blocks. But if you tell them "Pushmo" then their more confused and I like confusing people. And on one last thing, does the name "Fallblox" kind of sound like it could be a lazy name for tetris?