These Games Are Coming to You Before June is Over

Posted by James Newton

What lies in store?

Nintendo's list of games to be released on Wii, DS and 3DS in the next three months contains a few surprises — we already reported on Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D's launch date — but let's not forget the third-parties who continue to support Nintendo consoles.

The list below is an overview of the games on the way to North American shops between now and the start of July, so bear in mind it's not intended to include every single game heading to the consoles. Still, drink up the days and dates below and let us know what takes your fancy.

Wii

Reader Rabbit® Preschool – April
Reader Rabbit® Kindergarten – April
Reader Rabbit® 1st Grade – April
Reader Rabbit® 2nd Grade – April

Konami Digital Entertainment
Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 2 – Spring

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
ExerBeat™ – April 26

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
LEGO® Battles: Ninjago – Spring
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters – June 7

Nintendo 3DS

Activision
Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ Stealth Force Edition 3D – June 14

Aksys Games Localization, Inc.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II – May 24

Crave Games
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion – May 24

D3 Publisher
Dream Trigger™ 3D - April

Disney Interactive Studios
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - May

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
DualPenSports™ – May

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® 3D – April 10
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes™ – June 7

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters – June 7

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

Cave Story the same month eh? Interesting...

Also eying that Pac-Man release.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Only one 3DS game from Nintendo and it´s a remake (of a great game yeah, but still). Still waiting for Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Kid Icarus and others.

James

James said:

@Yasume Yes, these are North American dates, sorry for any confusion. European dates should be up any minute now :)

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

The only game on their that might be an instant buy doesn't even have a solid release date. It is coming out this season though. :D

emirblade

emirblade said:

Zelda and Cave Story @_@. If I put the Zelda code on my Club Nintendo I will become Platinum! Also, I think Conduit 2 is on the 19th of this month.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Poor, Poor Wii. It's a shame when the actual highlight of the lineup is Wii Play: Motion. Decent amount of 3DS games on my radar though.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Hmm, this is weird. The original article on Nintendo.com does say April 12 for Conduit 2, but the normal upcoming releases page on Nintendo.com still says April 19.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

So, 3DS has Zelda, Cave Story, Pac-Man & Galaga, and Dead or Alive...

DS has Duke Nukem and Thor...

Wii has Conduit 2 and Thor...

...Hmmm... safe to say that Nintendo has their eggs in the 3DS basket. Can't blame 'em, though... gotta back the newborn, I guess. And it's an incredible machine too, so...

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

That list of releases for the Wii is underwhelming to say the least. At least the 3DS has some good stuff coming out fairly soon. I hope that E3 can turn things around for the Wii.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

A new Wii________ title! Yay! Looks like it could be promising since it utilizes motion plus and the last Wii________ game that did that (Resort) was a blast!

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

Zelda and Cave story are all I'm looking at on here... gonna wait for E3 to decide how much money to put away for new games though.

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

April - Conduit 2 (Wii)
May - Dead Or Alive: Dimensions (3DS)
June - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

They'll be my picks to buy (DOA and Zelda are must haves), so a game for each month isn't bad I guess. I'm also interested in PAC-MAN & Galaga Dimensions and Dream Trigger though. I might even get Wii Play Motion for a new M+ remote, although I'll probably wait to see if there's going to be a Skyward Sword bundle first.

Hopefully Nintendo are going to throw out some big suprises at E3 for the Wii and 3DS. Even if theres no real suprises and they just give us Q3/Q4 dates for the new Kirby, The Last Story and Xenoblade it would really help out the Wii's rather barren looking year.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Let's see... The Conduit 2 and James Noir's Hollywood Crimes for me as far as new and interesting to me. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to do catchup titles.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

THQ Inc.
SpongeBob SquigglePants – May 17

Did I just read that correctly? Wow, lmao.

I'm alot interested in Ocarina In Time than any of the other games. Splinter Cell is one to look into, though.

1080ike

1080ike said:

Sounds like an okay list. Could be better, but there's been worse (other than Ocarina)

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

NOOO I wanted animal crossing and mario kart D: cave story will be nice, and did its say Duke Nukem: Critical Mass?!?!

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Ah, man, no Kid Icarus before July? That means Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my only must-have title for early summer. I might get Cartoon Network and Wii Play: Motion if they turn out okay.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Yay! I can catch up on my backlog still! (no, seriously, I'm super psyched about this, I'm a slow game player).

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

dang, fun to have some dates for Zelda and Cave Story, but I was hoping for some Starfox. still can't wait for summer. hope e3 brings some real surprises too

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@ SilverBlacktail: No. I'm pretty sure it was ready for its originally scheduled Q4 2009 launch window, but due to problems in securing a publisher, the Duke Nukem Trilogy was delayed indefinitely. They were developing the series for the PSP as well, but that appears to have been scrapped. It would be nice if the cancelled PSP version pops up in the form of a 3DS game though. One can dream...

brainofj

brainofj said:

What a stellar list of Wii releases. Guess I'll be playing even more of my new PS3.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Wow, the Wii is looking pretty bad over the next few months. They better be cooking up something pretty great for fall.

motang

motang said:

Wow Nintendo has some killer lineup for the Wii...blah I can't say that with a straight face!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Ugh what an awful list. Conduit 2 and Duke Nukem DS might be good, but I'm not familiar with the series'. Pacman, Galaga, Cave Story ports will probably be good (i'll get Cave Story most likely when I get a 3DS).

Besides that, and Zelda, which everyone and their grandma will buy, I don't care for any of this other crap. Honestly, I'm not even looking forward to Conduit 2 or Duke Nukem or rehashes of previous arcade games I've played.

I guess the only game (remake) worth playing to me coming up, and one we already know of, is OoT so I can finally play Master Quest and whatever other new things added.

Roachant

Roachant said:

Hmm i was hoping for harvest moon and animal crossing and even that fishing game from natsume, still Zelda will do :-)

evimonkey953

evimonkey953 said:

i thought i heard something about a super mario game for the nintendo 3DS but when announced it they said that they were going into development after skyward sword

SazMelthic

SazMelthic said:

Looking forward to Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 unlike the other 2010, that one had bad lagging during in duel. For 2007 and 08 were far the best out of them in the World Championship series. there was no lag and lot faster AIs. enough said.

RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton said:

Enough with the damn dancing and workout games already!!!! Geez, 50 games is more than too many for each type!!!! If you've played 1 you've played them all! I wish Nintendo would bring back the "Seal of Quality" and actually put games through an approval process before green-lighting them. Bring back some of the innovation and creativity of past generations and put some support behind developers who want to create something new and exciting!