- Release Date
- 19th Nov 2006, 500 points (USA)
- 8th Dec 2006, 500 points (UK/EU)
- 2nd Dec 2006, 500 points (JPN)
- 17th Oct 2012, ¥500 (JPN)
- 15th Aug 2013, $4.99 (USA)
- 21st Nov 2013, £4.49/€4.99 (UK/EU)
Wii U eShop
- 15th Jul 2013, £3.49 (UK/EU)
- 15th Jul 2013, $4.99 (USA)
- 15th Jul 2013, ¥500 (JPN)
- Donkey Kong
- Controller Support
About This Game
The classic that launched the careers of Donkey Kong and Mario. Climb all the way to the top and save the beautiful Pauline from the paws of the giant ape in this colourful platform game.
Released in arcades in 1981, Donkey Kong became a cultural phenomenon everywhere and put Nintendo on the map among video game enthusiasts. It introduced a little hero called Jumpman which would later be better known as Mario. The Game & Watch version introduced the +Control Pad which became a standard in the industry. The NES version, which you can play here, was a launch title for the console as well as one of the most faithful adaptations of the original arcade game.