Unique Vivillon Distribution Confirmed for Paris Pokémon Center

Posted by Andrew Karklins

The chance to grab a special pocket monster

One of the most exciting aspects of Pokémon is the various distributions that occur throughout a specific game's life cycle. Not only does it revoke interest in many players, it provides enthusiasts the chance to get unique and special Pokémon, many of which are not available through the standard game. Today, it has been revealed that the recently unveiled Pokémon Center in Paris will hold a special Pokémon distribution to celebrate the store's opening.

The special Poké Ball designed Vivillon will be making its first worldwide appearance at the Paris Pokémon Center and as of now, is exclusive to this location. The Vivillon will be distributed at level 12 and will know the moves Stun Spore, Gust, Light Screen, and Struggle Bug. The distribution will take place between June 4th and June 21st at the Pokémon Center location in the Crémerie de Paris. Owners will of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y can take part in this distribution during the specified dates.

Will you be able to attend this special distribution? Let us know in the comments below.

[via serebii.net]

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

:/ Does Vivillon really need more forms? Its hard enough to get the current patterns and now they made another one only though distribution in Paris.

Pinemeowth

Pinemeowth said:

@AltDotNerd vivillon is very popular right now. So giving him away him like this is gonna quite a big thing for most x and y players right now.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

@AltDotNerd I think it's pretty cool. The idea of a Pokemon that contains a different form depending on where you live. No, I won't go out of my way to get it, but i'd still be joyful for a new form in my collection.

Yamitora1

Yamitora1 said:

When will the US/north america get something good. Japan has had like 10 or more events. Come on game freak, it is disrespectful to the american fans. Its bad enough we always get shortchanged compared to the UK and all the distributions they got in the past.

@Radbot42 Only 3 that I know of. There was the Torchic holding Blazikenite, and then there was the Walmart exclusives. If you bought X you got a lame Garchomp, Y a lame Scizor with nothing special to the two of them. There are 4 if you count the Bank Celebi.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I wish I could go to that pop-up PC in Paris...Its only like 3 hours driving from here. But I don't have a car right now haha and high-speed train (TGV?) tickets are expensive. Not worth 1 awesome Vivillon...though buying every piece of merch they sell is a good reason, I guess.

Oh wait there's always carpooling or like that mitfahrgelegenheit stuff in Germany, I'm sure Belgium and France has something like that...its Europe after all.

My sis would kill for a new Vivillon to add to her freaky V. collection/team/shrine.

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

NA wants some Pokémon-related love, too. 😢 At least Pokémon Art Academy would be nice...

Morgan19

Morgan19 said:

"...Not only does it revoke interest in many players..."

Should that "revoke" be "promote" instead?

Wolf_Link

Wolf_Link said:

@Ony trade me one pls! I'm from Mexico and I think it will take me a little more than half hour to get there :p

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I looked up "aucun objet" to see what awesome new hold item it had...that is the French equivalent of no item.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

"...Not only does it revoke interest in many players..."

I do believe you mean "In"-voke

Robo-Knight

Robo-Knight said:

This Vivilion Design was actually leaked last Year... you all know that, right?

Crap I want it! >_< :(

GalacticMario28

GalacticMario28 said:

A Poké-Ball pattern? This makes me want to try collecting the different Vivillon forms again (I gave up a while ago). It looks like I'll have to get back into the GTS business now.

Yomerodes

Yomerodes said:

I got the 18 regular patterns of Vivillon some time ago...Sandstorm sure was tricky. Now I need that one. I hope someone decides to put it on the GTS for any member of the legendary trios of the previous generations, I have some to spare.

Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi said:

I've got every current version and it was great fun collecting em. Having a relatively rare Aussie design helped a lot when trading. Looking forward to getting this one some time soon, fingers crossed.

Plucky

Plucky said:

Personally I'm surprised that this is the first event for the Pokeball-pattern Vivillon, i theorized that it could've been a reward for the April Fools Google Pokedex Hunt, mostly because thematically, Vivillon's pattern depends where it was evolved in the world, so having a globetrotting Pokedex hunt for a Pokeball Vivillon would've been pretty poetic.

Maybe even more so, if it also had Happy Hour, perhaps.

MegaBeedrill

MegaBeedrill said:

One problem.. You cannot breed this thing or get the guarenteed nature. The egg generated will instantly become your type of vivillon instead of this one.. and since this is event only there is no single person in the world who can breed competitive ones to give out.

If lucky maybe one person will use the vivillon wonder card on their powersaves or from here and might even eventually get a perfect one.. which can be cloned and passed around... who ever has time for something like that..

I believe I may be able to get one.