Miiverse Update Changes Profiles in New User Page, Adds a Couple of Extra Features

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Set favourite posts and 'Yeah' comments

Miiverse, Nintendo's continually evolving bespoke social network, has had another update applied today. This time around there are improvements — at least we think they are — to all three versions across Wii U, 3DS and web browsers.

To start with, there's now a revamped User Page, with the User Menu of before now relegated to sub-menu status, while you can now also give 'Yeah' votes to comments on posts; if someone makes a witty remark in response to your musings or drawings, you can now show your approval. A neat feature on the Wii U and 3DS, meanwhile, is that you can set hand-written or drawn posts as a favourite, and they'll then be displayed in your updated User Page profile — ideal for sharing a drawing of which you're particularly proud, for example.

The official update post is below, though the new User Page is partially featured in the web browser version too — albeit with less substantial changes — despite the wording of Nintendo's announcement.

There has been an update to Miiverse today.

1) (For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS only)
We have replaced the User Menu in the menu bar with an option called "User Page", which leads to a new and refurbished profile.

For example, you can now display a favourite handwritten post in your profile. Just select any one of your old handwritten posts, touch the spanner icon, then select "Set as Favourite Post" and it will appear in your profile! If you later want to remove it, you can do so from the Profile Settings in the User Page.

By the way, the User Menu is now accessible from within the User Page.

2) (For all versions of Miiverse)
It's now possible to give a Yeah to comments, as well as to posts. You can also touch or click on a comment to see some of the people who gave it a Yeah.

That's it for today!

Are you happy with these changes to Miiverse? Let us know in the comments below.

Smooty

Smooty said:

Hi there! i just woke up! And this is good news! Hehe :)
Yes, i wake up to NLife, everyday!.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I stumbled upon this for the first time when seeing Sakurai's Pic of the Day. I clicked on his comment and it suddenly enlarged, something I never saw before. Then after I made a comment, two people yeahed it, and then when I saw the comment tally on people's posts, I knew.

This is a good update. People have been wanting this for a long time. I also like the favorite post option.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I just wish the Mii Channel let you look at each Mii's achievements within each game. I have almost 8 years of playing history for my Miis!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@ThomasBW84 "The official update post is below, though as stated above the new User Page is featured in the web browser version, despite the odd wording of Nintendo's announcement." Bzzzt that's incorrect. The web miiverse still shows the old user profile page as it has always looked. The profile page when seen on a Wii U or 3DS is completely new & shiny. Check it out yourself if you don't believe me (or Nintendo).

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Miiverse will continue to be bad until they remove the time restrictions for posts. Having to wait to simply post on peoples comments is so annoying.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Oh great, Now I'm going to have 25 notifications instead of 5-10 because of the yeah comments! Joy. :(

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@WiiLovePeace The browser based User page has still been renamed and tweaked, just without as many major changes. Tweaked the wording to make you happy though ;)

Koapa

Koapa said:

I´m still missing possibility to add (include) my 3D photo.
From the day, when Ninty shut down messages, I haven´t use my camera for taking 3D photos. That's very shame, cause I liked peoples ideas and "photo works".

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Aww, man, when I first read that you could favorite posts, I thought it meant you could favorite others' posts. Oh well, still a cool update.

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

With every good update, there's always a dark secret around the corner. Now our notifications will be more spammed than ever. Stupid 20 notification limit...

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@KodyDawg

you hardly get notifications now as it is due to them removing notifications when someone posts on a comment you posted on. Also, considering how long it takes before you can comment after each comment you make, I doubt you'll be spammed

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Yay, I've been wanting to mark favorite posts for awhile! Sucks that it's only one post, and it has to be hand-written, but it's a start! If only you could search through your posts, filtering by which game you posted for...

Koapa

Koapa said:

Question : How can I save posts? There is a button "Saved posts", but I can't do that. Thanks for help.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Aww, now this is why I wish you could use someone else's drawing for favorite post. Your favorite post becomes a header for your page, and my Brawl in the Family Waluigi drawings look good, but like, it would be awesome if I could put say, a drawing I requested someone to draw as my banner. Maybe Nintendo could make it so that people can gift drawings to others! That would be really cool!

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Nice, now people can make something like a signature post to better represent themselves! I like it!

Tysamu

Tysamu said:

About time. You'd think that we'd at least be able to yeah comments since the beginning

NImH

NImH said:

Great update! ! Like someone else said, I'd also like to see some 3DS camera support somewhere at some point.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@PrincessEevee9 there wasn't all that much spam and for double comments.. that was rare. But you would rather wait several minutes to reply to someones comment it makes it kind of hard when you are browsing through the miiverse looking for interesting stuff.

UltraLaserTen

UltraLaserTen said:

@Koapa on the 3DS, if you access Miiverse while wireless is disconnected or away from wifi, you will be taken to its Offline Mode where you can make a post and save it for whenever you want to post it when you get online again.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I was hoping for access to collected stamps. Why are the Super Mario 3D World stamps not usable in all Miiverse posts? You can only make use of collected stamps inside the game in which you collected them but wouldn't it be really cool to be able to use them outside of those games as working achievements.

TimeGuy

TimeGuy said:

@ikki5 God I hate the posting restriction so much. What purpose does it serve other than being a pain in the ass?

kevfrei

kevfrei said:

@ikki5 I agree, but I understand why the limit is in place.. I would want to comment on Sakurai's Pic of the Day, but some annoying dude already took up the last 30 comments saying "Last." "Last." "Lolz put Shrek in!" "LAST!!!" etc.

So I agree these circumstances needed to be handled, but what if the comment limit was just set for VERIFIED USERS, so that regular Joe's like you and me would be able to have actually conversations with friends? :)

HnD

HnD said:

Ack. Annoying as hell. Normal notifications will get drowned out because of the flood of new ones. Also, if I need translation support for a post, three extra clicks are now needed for me move to the post, copy the post, and return to the original. TOO MUCH STUFF. The simpler, the better.

SecondServing

SecondServing said:

Miiverse is meh. I don't really see a point in it these days, kids just use it as a chat room now, no one even helps me when I ask for tips in a game.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Is there any particular things I need to be aware of linking my 3DS (With default Mii) and NNID / Club Nintendo to a Wii U. (Or does it all just work as you would expect.)

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

I'm really happy about this, actually! I've always wanted to be able to yeah comments! And honestly, if it is a few more clicks than normal, it really doesn't matter that much!

erv

erv said:

This is powerful agile development showing better and better results. I love it.

Pod

Pod said:

Oh no, Yeahs for comments?

People are already going all out for the yeahs. It's damaging to the community, and I think they should get rid of it altogether.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I really dig the new improvements! It'll make MiiVerse that much more fun to use!

DespyCL

DespyCL said:

I love the new profile design, now if nintendo remove the 3 minutes per post rule... Now that i think it, miiverse is looking like flipnote hatena.

Cosats

Cosats said:

Miiverse users still help each other when someone asks for help. Whoever said in a previous message that it doesn't happen is wrong. Simple as that.

Action51

Action51 said:

@Cosats - Yup. Miiverse is full of generally helpful and nice people...I almost dread what would happen to it if the Wii U become super popular...lol

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Loving the updates. Like how you can yeah comments now since some people will answer a question to a post that I will agree with. Also cool that they show which system(s) the person owns in the profile.