Infinity Runner Heading To Wii U eShop

Posted by Lewis Childs

Includes multiplayer support for up to 32 players

Award winning game studio Wales Interactive have informed us that they’ll be bringing their latest title, Infinity Runner, to the Wii U eShop this Summer. Described as Mirror’s Edge meets Mass Effect, the sci-fi action running game is currently in development for Wii U, PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PC, Mac and Linux. It will also feature support for Oculus Rift – whereas Project Morpheus is said to be supported at a later date.

Infinity Runner puts you in the role a prisoner trying to escape the largest man-made spaceship ever built, The Infinity. In order to make it through the game’s 14 levels and escape the decaying ship, the protagonist must employ various techniques "inspired by the disciplines of parkour and mixed martial arts". Direct combat is necessary to deal with some of the terrors lurking deep within the spaceship; this is achieved using the game's targeting system alongside fast reflex combinations. The title also offers a multiplayer mode, where up to 32 players battle it out in order to find out who’s the ultimate Infinity Runner.

From the game’s website:

Features:

• Werewolves in space!
  • Stunning Graphics
  • 14 action packed levels
  • Action Combat Mechanic
  • Storymode
  • Multiplayer - Up to 32 players
  • Oculus Rift Support - VR Mode

Are you looking forward to Infinity Runner’s release on the Wii U’s eShop? Let us know in the comments section.

[via walesinteractive.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Online Multiplayer? For a WiiU game?
Is this a super late April Fool's joke guys? Come on now, fess up.

On my radar if WiiU version actually gets all those features.

ekreig

ekreig said:

Werewolves in space, oh my goodness.

This is one of those games I never knew I always wanted.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

So if there's werewolves in space, couldn't you just just fly to the dark side of the moon and stop them from being able to come to life?

AVahne

AVahne said:

Online multiplayer for a running game? How the heck does that work?

erv

erv said:

Action combat mechanic and story mode don't really seem like unique selling points.

I like this concept however, and with great online - quickly joining and playing - I'll be checking it out.

Diz93

Diz93 said:

Looks pretty cool, but needs a lot of polishing. Might see a sale from me =)

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

Now, by "this Summer" they do mean "THIS Summer" and not summer 2015/2016 right?

@dkxcalibur The Wii handled quite decently the 32-player multiplayer mode of Medal of Honor Heroes in the Origin server, so I'm sure the Wii U can handle 32-player multiplayer matches in whatever server they are using for this game. I wonder who runs the severs for Indie games.

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

@Ryno Does it really matter that much? I mean, we're taking about minor differences on two HD resolutions, not "night-and-day" differences as in 480p and HD.

Imagamerboi

Imagamerboi said:

If its not rated m then I'll give it a shot, but lets hope a lot of people actually play this game.

vonseux

vonseux said:

online multiplayer ; 32 players time attack ?

hahaha

interested on hearing more

Windy

Windy said:

omg what a novel idea...........are you kidding me a 32 player online game. that's just crazy. whose Idea was this? I know whose idea it was not. well if I had or ever get a Wii-U I will pick this up to support. Its good to see someone take the Runner genre to the next level (online play) instead of releasing the Same game as another. Not going to mention any names but a recent Battleship game should have had online play as well.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

The novel digital releases continue to plaster the Wii U in droves. I gotta say, the eShop's gonna be one serious contender by 2015.

And ya, I like this one. Hover looked good but THIS game? This game has "must buy" written all over it. I love playing different types of games. Let's just hope Source gets backed at Kickstarter. That game SO needs to come to Wii U.

markybbop

markybbop said:

A big online multiplayer is what this console needs though I hope they release a better trailor as that looked abit rubbish

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Asynchronous 32 multiplayer, please understand...
Jokes aside, when I saw the word Infinity and the spaceship I immediately hoped for an Infinite Space kind of game. Nevermind, werewolves in space will do.

element187

element187 said:

Now I have a dilemma. Buy on Wii U or PC?

Probably get both versions just because of Oculus Rift support.... For the PS4 to run this in VR they would have to tone the graphics wayyyyyyyy back to the PS2 era. 1080p/95fps and 70 hertz minimum to get presence, I just don't see a midrange GPU from 2012 pulling that off without some severely low poly counts and washed out textures... Not to mention those jaguars aren't meant to do floating point operations very well(like, at all)

joey302

joey302 said:

Kind of strange how they announced a new wii u game when we are still waiting on Gravity Badgers to be posted. Originally due in December and now almost May and showing TBD on nintendo website as of today. So anyone who doubts that Ininity Runner will make it for summer release its understandable....

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

Is this one of those cell phone endless runner games? Plus it's going to have multiplayer time attack modes for highest score!😄 lol

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

To say that it is Mirror’s Edge meets Mass Effect is a bit too presumptuous in my book and I'm not seeing any "stunning graphics" yet, but I'll give it the "it's still in development" benefit of the doubt. And like many others before me, werewolves in space certainly triggered my interest.

luke88

luke88 said:

Looks comparable to 'Hover:revolt of gamers' in some ways, only a lot more bland, boring and linear. If Hover doesn't make its $100,000 wiiu stretch goal I might cry.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This looks very interesting! I would say it's early days but apparantly it will be out in a few months : D

Darthziggy

Darthziggy said:

I hope for their sake they don't run into any copyright stuff with 343 Industries. That stuff about the Infinity being the largest ship in the fleet should sound pretty familiar to any Halo fans out there.
I am a big fan of Mirror's Edge, though, so I'll be keeping a lookout for this one.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@Ryno It actually runs on the never before seen 777p, or the Jackpot the graphics don't matter resolution.