Weapon Shop de Omasse to Complete Guild 01 Collection, Massive eShop Discounts Available Now

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Level-5 offers the whole series at a discount

In early January a rating suggested that the fourth and final Guild01 download title was on the way to the West, and now Weapon Shop de Omasse has been confirmed for the 3DS eShop in Europe and North America; it arrives on 20th February and will cost $7.99 in North America, with no price yet given for Europe.

This final entry from the original Guild compilation has a rather quirky premise, in that it's set in a traditional RPG world threatened by evil yet your role is not that of a hero, but of a Blacksmith. Your job is to forge the best weapons possible for a series of warriors, with the gameplay mainly revolving around rhythm-based tapping.

Level-5 is also running a sale of all previous Guild download releases to celebrate the new title's arrival; details are below.

Are you intrigued by Weapon Shop de Omasse, and do any of these discounts tempt you to take the plunge?

Sparx

Sparx said:

So looks like level 5 just convinced me to throw money into my 3ds

Blast

Blast said:

... I regret buying Friday Monsters at full price when it originally released. LOL I learned my lesson. Its a good game but.... the price cut amount equals its worth.

P184

P184 said:

Already own Friday Monsters and Starship Damrey, the latter of which was disappointing. Picked up Liberation Maiden right after the N.Direct broadcast. I know it'll be short and sweet but you can't go wrong at these prices.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

This game looks really fun! I just hope the rhythm forging isn't going to be as boring as HarmoKnight... but I'll take the risk!

Aloth

Aloth said:

Friday Monsters is great, totally worth it! Especially at this price, unfortunately its short, I wanted more.

Fazermint

Fazermint said:

If you think this game looks interesting, then check out Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

The Starship Damrey should be that price permanently. Interesting as it is, it's a very short, very easy game with very little replay value.

Aero Porter on the other hand, I believe to be a vastly underrated gem.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Just bought Attack of the Friday Monsters, Starship Damrey, and Liberation Maiden.

Out of all of them, I'm most excited to play Attack of the Friday Monsters.

TopLaytonsHat

TopLaytonsHat said:

They've put theses games on sale so many times they should just permanently reduce the prices. When the new one hits I know I'll wait for a discount before getting it

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Of these, I only don't have Starship Damrey, and not super interested. I've yet to play Bugs v. Tanks, but the rest are fab, especially Friday Monsters and Crimson Shroud. Weapon Shop looks pretty cool, I will snag it eventually.

zerotheclown

zerotheclown said:

i caught this sale before this post lol. but i picked up liberation maiden and crimson shroud. two games i've been looking forward to very very much.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm looking forward to Weapon Shop, seems really fun! :D I may pick up all the games I don't have but if not, I'll just buy Liberation Maiden as that's the one that I've been most wanting but haven't bought yet.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I got Bugs VS. Tanks, and I'm considering purchasing Liberation Maiden and Starship Damrey.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Good to know there will be at least one eshop release next week that I want. :P

Didn't know the titles were on sale again, I missed out on the holiday sales so this is great for me! I got just enough left on my eshop credit to pick up Attack of the Friday Monsters. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

Think I'll pick up Friday Monsters for $3 - normally $8 - even though I don't have a 3DS (my wife has a pink one) and I hate that tiny screen. I can squint for 2-4 hours. I've just finished watching the first 4 original Gamera movies w/ my kids and have the new trilogy for next week. Maybe more, well see.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I own Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud, and I highly recommend both. I need to read some reviews on Bugs vsTanks now.

Falchion

Falchion said:

Liberation Maiden is extremely short. I can't believe they try to charge $8 for it. I beat the game (normal mode) in 1 hour and 9 minutes... Well it does seem like a game where u try to get high scores though.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Getting Friday Night Monsters, my second Guild game after Crimson Shroud, which I bought at another discount and am yet to play.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Thanks for including the Aussie prices, NL! It's rather handy to know without having to load up the eShop. :)

Shambo

Shambo said:

Whoever doesn't own Friday Monsters yet, and likes some Ghibli-ish stuff mixed with classic Japanese robots and monsters, get it now! It's amazing.

Liberation Maiden is also great!

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

I've heard good things about Friday monsters and it's Japanese pop culture, at this price I think I will invest in this one.

That shop games looks ok but would prob only play it once then forget about it.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Great sale! I'll add Friday Monsters and Liberation Maiden to Crimson Shroud (great game!).

Weedy

Weedy said:

Can happily recommend both Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters at this price.
Now wondering about picking up Starship Damrey but no-one seems to have posted anything positive about it!

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Hmm Aero Porter and Damrey for me, I have all the other ones already. Seriously looking forward to Weapon Shop de Omasse though! Glad its looking worth the wait! Another original title to enjoy :)

Viagro

Viagro said:

If you're stuck deciding which to buy, I'd go for Friday Monsters - it's a unique and beautiful little gem that channels the humble beauty of small-town Tokyo. I lived in Tokyo for a year and this game made me want to go back like you wouldn't believe...

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

looks good I snapped all the others on sale. Aeroporter damn you being so simple yet so bloody addictive

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Im only missing Bugs VS Tanks and Aero Porter (and of course Weapon Shop)
I guess i will complete my guild collection then ;)

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

Already got all of them in previous sales, word of warning steer clear of Bugs VS Tanks, it is really terrible, the only bad game of the whole two collections. It's not worth even the price on sale =(

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I dont have any and i am tempted to get them all. Friday monsters first, cause today is friday :)

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Friday Monster is a weird but endearing little game. If you don't have it yet, I highy recommend you to take advantage of this sale.

I'll probably get Bugs vs. Tanks, since the concept is way too cool (even if reviews weren't stellar).

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Sweet, I'll get Friday Monsters and Liberation Maiden. Weapon Shop de Omasse is the one I'm most excited to play, will be picking it up next week.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I'll probably go ahead and get Damrey. Then the only Guild games I wouldn't have would be Bugs vs. Tanks, which seems pretty widely disliked, and Aeroporter, which I might get. I'll definitely pick of Weapon Shop, though probably not at launch. Here's hoping there will be a Guild03!

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Maybe, thanks to this discounts, some indie devs and our sweet Nintendo will learn that it's better to sell 10 copies of a games for € 3 than 1 for € 8...

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I have Crimson and Friday but am tempted to go for some of the others but Aero Porter getting too hard too fast makes think an Art Style game is a better investment, I'm left handed so liberation maiden will be misery and the other two don't seem that interesting.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

Couldn't believe my luck; Friday Monsters was the only game I wanted but couldn't fully buy with the card I received, and now I can!

jgibson75

jgibson75 said:

I bought Liberation Maiden the first time they dropped the price on it for a sale, and I loved it. Yeah, it is short. But I fire it up now and then just to play thru it! It does play a lot like the classic Rez mixed with something like Sin & Punishment (though a bit simpler in design). I do wish the game was longer, or that they would release a sequel cause I would buy it. It is a blast in my book.

I've not tried any of the other titles, but I'm probably gonna get Monsters based on everyone's high praise and the cheap asking price. Probably grab Crimson Shroud while it is on the cheap as well. The visual style of it is so interesting.
Staying away from Tanks/Bugs due to poor reviews and the fact that I hate bugs, especially spiders, so yeah, no interest in that.

I don't know much about Aero Porter.
And I will likely get the new blacksmith game. It sounds like good charming fun.

AG_Awesome

AG_Awesome said:

Ridiculous. The sale goes on until the 23rd so I go on to get the games today and the sale is over. What a bunch of BS.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I'm really curious about the new title. I have about half of their other games, and the seem among the most solid in the eShop.