Video: Watch Andre Agassi Get Beaten At Wii Sports Tennis By A Little Girl

Posted by Damien McFerran

How the mighty have fallen

Wii Sports Club is coming to the Wii U this week, and to remind us of this fact Nintendo has produced a TV advert featuring tennis legends Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf.

In the commercial, Agassi can be seen struggling to beat an unknown opponent in Wii Sports Club: Tennis, whom he believes to be his partner, Graf. However, all is not as it seems — with hilarious consequences! Ahem.

Tennis and Bowling are the first two sports to be released on the Wii U eShop, with others to follow. You'll be able to try the games out for free for 24 hours, after which point you'll need to either invest in a day pass or purchase the sport outright. Both titles boast online play and the ability to join regional clubs.

Will you be downloading these games tomorrow? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

[via youtube.com]

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Andre makes me feel old. Anyone else remember the Rock n' Roll Tennis ads with the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the way back?

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ajcismo - Just for you ;-)

Is Nintendo smart enough to only DL this game to my Wii U once even though I have 4 accounts set up w/ NNIDs? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Oh, and this commercial is way better than the last long drawn out boring one. Editing is everything.

Though the girl steals the show obviously.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

This made me remember playing Agassi with friends on the SNES. Heh, I'm old.

By the way, this is one of Nintendo's best TV spots in a while. Bravo!

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Can't say Nintendo ain't trying after seeing that ad! Hope to see it in the US as well!

bahooney

bahooney said:

Knowing how NOA/Reggie have dropped the ball in America, I will be seriously surprised if this shows up on American TV.

Zach

Zach said:

I'm just happy that Nintendo is airing a TV commercial for this!

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

Now this is nice, a 30 second spot that showed the game, the potential of online play, two tennis superstars, one referenced in way that notifies people of his legendary status, and has a good punch line joke. WOW, it's like an actual commercial! Let's see this hit the airwaves now Nintendo!

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

@MadAussieBloke I think you're onto something! What an amazing set of ads, if they went all out and got some of the greats to compete against each other! Gotta show McEnroe throwing a Wii mote to the ground and yelling though

Kirk

Kirk said:

Nice.

Now watch some tool complain about this being offensive because it implies that little girls are bad at tennis games or something; "and he played like a little girl"...

Remember the whole "Willst thou get the girl? Or play like one?" debacle.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

So this one releases tomorrow and today I am able to pick up my new Mario and Luigi Wiimotes on the mail? What a happy coincidence.

And nice commercial too.

Laxeybobby

Laxeybobby said:

What a great advert.. Very funny..
Just need to see this prime time across all digital UK & European channels.
Come on Nintendo - Score an Ace and show the doubters that its Advantage Nintendo.

timp29

timp29 said:

McEnroe would put the WiiMote through the TV then show up at the little girls house and punch her in the face. Probably better they stick with the Agassi ad.

Michael Chang was another awesome player back in the day. Could have an ad where he hurdles furniture and runs the complete width of the living room to play.

Ruthven

Ruthven said:

Great Add... I hope they bring it down under to NZ... Just whats needed to generate some positive intrest in the Wii U

allav866

allav866 said:

Reminds me of the Mario Kart 7 ad with two guys in America getting beaten by a little girl in Japan.

manu0

manu0 said:

The girl could have said "he plays like a little kid", but nooo... she has to say "he plays like a little girl"....

littlegirlsmom

littlegirlsmom said:

@manu0 Could not agree with you more. As soon as I heard it I thought of my little girl and was glad she wasn't in the room. That type of micro aggression is disgusting and nothing but a put down. The idea that 'in fairness' it was pretty funny should be changed to 'with ignorance'.